PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article: MSNB.COM

kellycarr05
09-07-2007, 01:32 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20630522/site/newsweek/:knitting:

willowangel
09-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh dear god, I'm a tattooed, knitting videogamer, what's wrong with me!

jjminarcik
09-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm a tattooed knitter! And proud of it! :yay:

LauraD
09-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Also tattooed knitter here!

rachejm
09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Thats some interesting statistics. I'm in the teen knitters group, but I'm not in the USA so I guess I don't count, I'd love to see if the figures are similar for the UK.

Queen of Rust
09-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Gosh, I've been knitting since I was 5, getting inked since I was 19. I've given up on my dream to be a military sniper though. The sniper rifle takes up too my room in my knitting bag;)

Jax3303
09-07-2007, 12:04 PM
damn....I'm 20something, mom, knitting obsesed, tattooed, video game playing...... and while I would like the aim and talent a sniper possesses, no desire to become a sniper.....and here I was SOOOO close to being included in all of his categories..LMAO

sinistral_needler
09-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh no, I am left handed and a knitter. Better get that tattoo I've been yearning for and make it a hat trick. I have been wanting to find a good ol' NES system with Super Mario Bro.'s too.

I never knew that I was so .. typical! :aww:

Carla1019
09-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Even tho I am not 45 (41) I am a videogamer knitter...

my DD love to play "Guitar Hero" and she has gotten me hooked.

chillawilla
09-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Tattoos, yes. Video games, uh huh. Knitting, oh yes...

Sniper practice takes up way too much knitting and gaming time! I really don't have time for another hobby.

:teehee:

Jax3303
09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I have been wanting to find a good ol' NES system with Super Mario Bro.'s too.

dude.....but a wii. The new games are freaking awesome plus, you can Download a shitload of old NES games. :) I still LOVE playing Super Mario Brothers, only downside is that nobody in my house wants to play it with me anymore....they're tired of loosing...LOL

REVS
09-07-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm glad to know that while knitters fit into many of his categories, it sounds like we're not snipers.

sinistral_needler
09-07-2007, 03:25 PM
dude.....but a wii. The new games are freaking awesome plus, you can Download a shitload of old NES games. :) I still LOVE playing Super Mario Brothers, only downside is that nobody in my house wants to play it with me anymore....they're tired of loosing...LOL

Dood! It's about the authenticity and nostalgia ... plus .. I am not cool enough, nor do I have the moola, for a Wii.

ArtLady1981
09-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I am soooo way 'out of the loop' here! :pout:

I'm not inked, I've never played a video game...and I've been knittin' for a lonnng lonnng time.

But I'm glad to be here, and I'm glad y'all are here, too! :grphug:

:cheering: :cheering::cheering:There's room for everyone at the table! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

angel4ever
09-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Yay! I'm a knitting video gamer! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

My favorite games are RPG's. I absolutely love the Final Fantasy series and the Legend of Zelda series

SabrinaJL
09-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Another tattooed, video-gaming knitter here. We just bought a Wii (even though I'd been looking, 2 weeks ago was the first time I actually saw one in a store) and yes, it is sooo much fun. I want to get the Zelda: Twilight Princess game, but I told myself it would be my reward for when I finally got EVERYTHING unpacked. :teehee:

SusanMarie1956
09-08-2007, 09:48 AM
No Tattoo's... ( And I don't want one. ) I'm 50..

I started knitting when I was about 10, then found better things to do. LOL

Then I started knitting again wehn I found out I could make money at it. Then quit again.

And now I'm knitting AGAIN! And ENJOY it just for knitting!

mum2caden
09-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I am a left handed, video game playing, tattooed knitter and mom.... and proud of it! hehe

jeanius80
09-08-2007, 09:42 PM
The microsurge in knitting among teens? It represents a turning away from the prevalent online obsession of most young Americans. “People are looking for new outlets of self-expression,” says Penn. “There is a premium on individuality that is rapidly rising.”
:teehee: i am not a teen knitter, but seriously, do they know how many knitters are online?? I also like how they correlated the rise in sales of fashion yarn to teen knitters....:rofl: bucket of fun fur anyone?

BostonBecca
09-09-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm a 20 something, Wii owning, knitter with no tattoos unfortunately, but only because my mom would disown me. There's that Jewish cemetary thing too.

Let's just say that knitters now have a lot more voting power. BOO-YAH!

Who wants to advocate for more tax breaks for knitters?

Annasta111
09-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Who wants to advocate for more tax breaks for knitters?

Heck yea I would vote for that!!!! Someone has to keep the sheep farmers and all the other farmers in business! LOL.... Wel lI am a *cough* thirty something new knitter who has a tattoo, likes to play video games, and well..... I like to shoot, hubby is a sniper but not me.......

CTbarb
09-09-2007, 11:45 AM
How odd! I'm almost 44, no tattoos, don't play video games, and I just started knitting. Apparently I don't fit with the masses.

auburnchick
09-09-2007, 03:46 PM
What an interesting article! I'm a social sciences major, and anything like this just fascinates me. Throw in knitting, and I'm totally gaga for it.

I'm also taking a political science class right now (well, two actually). We have to post an article each week, and I'm going to use this for my next assignment since it has political stuff in it. I will, of course, put in a little plug for knitting. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I've been knitting since the summer of '06, and I have played video games...not much time lately though. But, I had to laugh at the Super Mario Brothers thing. I totally get it! When I got married, I jokingly told my sister's bf's parents that I wanted a Nintendo. They were quite well off, so when we got back from our honeymoon, we had a system waiting for us. It was too sweet! I was hooked. We still have it, along with the Super Nintendo. I just love the Donkey Kong games too!!! I can't seem to get all the buttons going correctly on the Playstation systems...too darned confusing, so I just press them all at once. :teehee:

Oh, and no tattoos here, although sometimes I think it would be okay to have a small one (maybe a soccer ball or a cross) over my ankle.

And I'm a soccer mom. But I vote Republican. I'm not sure I fit into the article's stereotype very well. Ah well, I'll leave the political arguing to my PS classes.