PDA

View Full Version : Am I really the only Utah Knitter?

Knitting_Junkie
09-08-2007, 01:28 AM
I've just gone through all 7 pages and I don't see a single Utah thread, wow!! I'm suprised, I figured this state would be chuck full of us & that at least one of us loonies (other than me of course lol) would of made it here to knitting help.

If your from Utah & here, come say hi! :)

MaleKnitter
09-08-2007, 02:20 AM
I was going to put something on this forum a few months ago, but the only thing I could find was about Park City. I am not very close to Park City so I didnt think that it related to me. I am from Utah, I was born in Salt Lake City and now I live in a tiny mining/ghost town close to Nephi.

Im glad that someone in Utah knits, It seems like everyone here in Utah has learned to knit when they were young and then gave it up for crochet :roll: I have no idea why.
I can crochet quite well (I found it was much easier to learn than knitting) but once I finally understood knitting, I realized how perfect it is for me and how happy it makes me and the beautiful (much more so than crochet... in my opinion) items that I can create.

lotusburger
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi I just joined! I'm in Spanish Fork. Moved here form CA.

mom232
09-11-2007, 12:33 AM
We visit Utah a lot since my inlaws live there and we are thinking about moving to the Washington County area in the next couple of years.

Knitting_Junkie
09-12-2007, 02:26 AM
Hi you guys!!! Oh fun there are a few of us! :)

mom232
09-13-2007, 01:23 AM
I was going to put something on this forum a few months ago, but the only thing I could find was about Park City. I am not very close to Park City so I didnt think that it related to me. I am from Utah, I was born in Salt Lake City and now I live in a tiny mining/ghost town close to Nephi.

Im glad that someone in Utah knits, It seems like everyone here in Utah has learned to knit when they were young and then gave it up for crochet :roll: I have no idea why.
I can crochet quite well (I found it was much easier to learn than knitting) but once I finally understood knitting, I realized how perfect it is for me and how happy it makes me and the beautiful (much more so than crochet... in my opinion) items that I can create.

My mother in law lives in Nephi. We go there a couple times a year.

Hi you guys!!! Oh fun there are a few of us! :)

Where about do you live in UT?

knitty cat
09-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Not alone at all. I'm in the Salt Lake area, and have been knitting about 2 1/2 years. I find that with a stressful job, knitting brings me true and delightful moments of peace...there's just something about the feel of gorgeous, warm yarn, and the soft clack of the needles that is mesmerizing.

Kristin

mooshie
01-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I was also beginning to wonder if I'm the only knitter on here. nice to meet you all. I'm in Eagle Mountain. too bad we're not all closer to each other, we could get together and knit.

nice to meet you all

LindaUtah
01-09-2008, 05:43 AM
I've just found this site. I am from the Vernal area, where we have no knitting supply stores. Thank goodness for the net!

I taught myself to knit probably 40 years ago, but have just once again taken up knitting after a 20 year break. I've already got too many projects going to count but I'm enjoying the heck out of my knitting. Mostly I knit for my two toddler granddaughters. They don't mind the mistakes.

princessmomma
07-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Hello all you Utah folks! I'm getting ready to move to St. George and am wondering if anyone knows of any good stores or groups down that direction.

mwhite
07-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I am not from Utah but visited a friend in Beryl about 2 years ago. We stayed in St. George until she came for us and before we returned to our homes. I actually found a little yarn store on a street over from the main hwy. I couldn't tell you what the name is but there was a LYS then.

shar1989
07-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi I just joined! I'm in Spanish Fork. Moved here form CA.
Hi There
Just wanted to say hello as I am new as well and trying to figure out this site Was very happy to find one!
shar

mwhite
07-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Found the shop I visited while in St. George: Heindselman's Too (http://local.yahoo.com/info-19960103-heindselman-s-too-st-george) It's a very nice little shop!