PDA

View Full Version : General Recommendation

laptop_knitter
09-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Recently came across the Freecycle group - http://www.Freecycle.org/ - on a yarn hunt.
It's a system that started in Arizona in 2003, where people who want something but don't want to pay for it or have something they can't get rid of but don't want to throw away can meet up and recycle things.
I had a look on my local groups' ads and have already acquired 6 pairs of needles and a bag of wool for free. You never know what you might find, one mans trash is another knitter's treasure! Just thought I'd pass on the word :)

cinnamon_girl
09-08-2007, 12:40 PM
That's pretty cool. I actually found a group in my town.

laptop_knitter
09-08-2007, 12:44 PM
It's great for people who don't have the reserves to buy the wool online or from the buy/sell/trade boards, like us starving students and the younger knitters.

Jan in CA
09-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I got a bunch of charity yarn through them. Of course the majority of turned out to be RH Supersaver type yarn, but still. ;)

Sunny_Singer
09-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I have been using freecycle for a long time. It is a great way to find things you need but don't have money to buy. So it is used, that doesn't mean it won't work.

People on freecycle aren't allowed to "sell" the goods, only give them away. Just make sure you learn how to pick up the items you want, and to do so promptly for they will go to another.