PDA

View Full Version : Pattern vs. Picture

Constant Knitter
09-09-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't get it. I'm working on an adorable 'antique' shrug pattern with the following instructions:

WS: Knit all st; Continue in reverse stockinette stitch for 4 more rows

I did exactly that, but my shrug doesn't match the picture. In the picture of the finished shrug there are no reverse stockinette stitch rows. Should I follow the picture or the pattern?

This is the second pattern I've attempted where the picture of the finished item is different from the pattern. Is this commonplace? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Ingrid
09-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Is it a hem?

Constant Knitter
09-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Not really because the directions are to do five rows of K1, P1 after the reverse stockinette stitch, so the bottom matches the collar.

Ingrid
09-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd bet that at some point there was a hem, but they changed it to ribbing and forgot to take that part out of the pattern. :think:

Constant Knitter
09-09-2007, 12:23 PM
So I'm not completely crazy? It's such a coincidence that the last two patterns I've attempted were different from the pictures of the finished project. [The first one was a sweater with two different colored stripes on the sleeves, but the pattern specified one color.]

Thanks for help, [and letting me vent]. I'll bet your right about the pattern. I guess now it's just a matter of which 'look' I like better on my shrug.

Thanks again!