PDA

View Full Version : not enough yarn...what do i do?!

itsjustmeghan
09-09-2007, 02:45 PM
so i'm about halfway done with my rusted root, and i only have 2 skeins of knit picks mainline left! :gah: i'm HOPING that it will be enough to finish the body, and then go back and finish the neckline and the sleeves. i ordered this yarn back in march, so i don't think i'll be able to get the same dye lot. i'm ready to cry!:waah:
what do i do?!

suzeeq
09-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Short sleeve or cap sleeves...?

booskibabe
09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Can you make the body any shorter? Maybe make it a tank? Maybe someone who has made this before will have a better suggestion, but that's what I would do.
Running out of yarn - especially when the finish line is in site - really sucks.

Ingrid
09-09-2007, 03:11 PM
It IS possible that there wouldn't be too much difference in dye lot, especially if you do the neck and sleeves with it rather than switching mid body.

itsjustmeghan
09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
raglan cap sleeves. so all i need to do is finish the small amount of ribbing on the sleeves and the neckline. but i have about 5 inches of body to do still...i usually make my body sections longer then most sweater patterns call for because i have a longer torso and like the extra length......:help:

lauraknits
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
You could also consider doing the neckline and the waist ribbing/sleeve ribbing in a contrasting color -?

Sunny_Singer
09-09-2007, 06:07 PM
If you have enough to finish the body I would seriously consider a contrast on sleeves and / or neckline.

booskibabe
09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
i usually make my body sections longer then most sweater patterns call for because i have a longer torso and like the extra length......:help:
Same here. I think you should use a contrasting color for the ribbing. That way the body of it will be long enough. There's nothing worse than a too short sweater. :noway:
Let us know what you decide and post some pics! Thanks. :happydance:

tilllie
09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Try contacting the company you ordered from, you may be surprised. I bought some yarn "on close out" and 6 months later was still able to get more and match the dye lot. It would be worth a try anyway! Good luck!!