PDA

View Full Version : Program for managing photos on your computer?

figaro
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Our first digital camera (I forget what it was) came with a photo manager program called Image Expert and this is what I still use for my MANY photos on my computer. I am wanting something different now, I don't like to even look at my pictures because the program (to me) just takes too long to get the album I want. I also can't just look at all the albums because I have to open them up a little first, then when I close it and go to open another one, I have to open them all up again. Not sure if I am able to explain it correctly, alls I know is I am irritated by it. I want a program that is more user friendly, that I don't feel like I have to jump through hoops to see my own pictures.

What programs do you use, what do you like about them, what works and does not work for you? This is for your own personal pictures that are not on Flickr or Photobucket type sites.

Silver
09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements, but it came with my Adobe Suite.

I've never used it, but I've heard good things about Picassa (http://picasa.google.com/) though, and it's a free download.

dagny
09-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Second PhotoShop Elements. You can get a free trial of it for 30 days on Adobe's website.

I personally do not like Picasa.

Kaydee
09-10-2007, 02:34 PM
I have Picassa, and I like it. I don't need anything as advanced as Photoshop, so it has everything I need.

HeatherFeather
09-10-2007, 03:32 PM
I second (or 3rd) Picassa...:)

figaro
09-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Is Picassa something that you need to be online to see your pictures?

Kaydee
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Is Picassa something that you need to be online to see your pictures?

No, its a program that you download to your computer. Here's (http://picasa.google.com/features/index.html) more info.

Sunny_Singer
09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I have a program that came with my teeny camera (it is 2 inchest by 2 1/2 inches and less than 1/2 inches deep) that works well, it is call ULead. It is easy to use.

I have used Photobucket to host my images for about 28 months or something. I tried Flickr yesterday and was disgusted by how long it took to upload, and use the photos.

I'll stick with PB. If you don't want to join a site with a log in etc, try www.tinypic.com which is simple to use, and there is no registration process, which I know a lot of people prefer.

Sunny_Singer
09-10-2007, 04:42 PM
(What programs do you use, what do you like about them, what works and does not work for you? This is for your own personal pictures that are not on Flickr or Photobucket type sites.)

These sites are image hosting sites so you can upload your photos to share. You shouldn't use pics on them that aren't your own either.

They make it easy to send photos in email, use them in blogs or on other sites, but all the sites do is host the images for you so you can just copy and paste the links

momwolf
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Picassa is what I use.You can make pics smaller for forum fix easy problems it's just a good all around photo place and it's FREE.I have Photoshop and it's just TOOOOOOOO much stuff for me to try and figure out.

Jan in CA
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
I usually use Paint Shop Pro, but right now it's mostly because I've been using it so long I know it well. My daughter uses Picasa and likes it a lot! And it's free!

figaro
09-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the link, I have downloaded it and it is much better than Image Expert!