PDA

View Full Version : Help with Anouk pattern from knitty.com

momwithtwins
09-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi. I am fairly new to the knitting world having only about two years experience under my belt. So just about any new pattern is a learning experience for me. I just started into a cute little pinafore for my cousin's baby and I am having trouble with the pattern directions for the bodice. The link to the pattern is http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTanouk.html.

Bodice instructions:

3 months:
Next row: Work 4 sts in seed st, k1, (ssk, k2) 5 times, ssk, k1, k2tog, (k2, k2tog) 5 times, k1, work 4 sts in seed st. (43 sts)
Work dec row EOR 4 times. (35 sts)
Cont even in patt as established until work measures 11.5 inches from beg, ending with RS facing

I am making the 3 month size, and the math just doesn't add up in the bodice area. At the end of the skirt, I ended up with 55 stitches, just as the pattern says. Then I did the first decrease row in the bodice instructions, and also ended up with the correct number of stitches (43). Now, here is where the trouble comes in. When I did the next dec row, I came up with 33 stitches which is incorrect. To make matters worse, I don't know how many stitches I should have at the completion of the bodice to even try and figure out where to dec on my own. It seems like some basic info was left out to be assumed by the knitter. And I don't have that skill yet.

I am at a stand still with this project and would appreciate any help. I don't know why I am not getting it. It's probably something simple that I am too thick to notice. LOL. At any rate, Please Help. :-P

Thanks a bunch.

MJ

Ingrid
09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I think you're supposed to work the Row 7 decrease row on the next 4 alternate rows. That will take away 2 stitches on each right-side row, getting you from 43 to 35.

momwithtwins
09-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks so much. That makes sence. I don't know why that didn't occur to me. I guess I was over thinking it. I am used to the patterns that spell most everything out (which is good for me). I am going to go try it right now. I'll let you know how it works out.

MJ