PDA

View Full Version : Couch Potato Kitty

jdee
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I know he's ruining the couch, and I really should make him get down....but he's just so cute...

cheesiesmom
09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Aw-w, that cushion will plump back up. Don't disturb the lil' darlin'.

figaro
09-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Can I take classes to learn how to sleep like that?

marykz
09-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I leave our curtains open a little so the cat can see out when she sleeps on top of the couch like that. yes, the couch cushion has a little dent from her laying there, but we don't mind..... its all the hair!! I ended up leaving a washable blankie on that part of the couch that I can wash.

the things we do for pet love!

jdee
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
:roflhard:That's why our curtains are open. And my couch has a dent there because he, or whichever cat gets thier first, sleeps up there a lot. A washable blanket is a good idea. It will cost a lot less than the rolls and rolls of lint tape I usually have to buy.

Does anyone else have pictures of thier couch potato kitties? Doggies, too?

PurlyGyrl
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM
:teehee:I swear that cat is doin' YOGA! One of those core strengthening exerices--not a downward dog, more like an upwards cat! :rofl: Couch Kitty is a cutie, too!:muah:

Sajomaro
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Wanted to share my pets and their crazy sleeping places but there are way to many so here is a link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sajomaro/Animals

bailsmom
09-11-2007, 10:40 PM
You should see our mini blinds! Our Max loves jumping up on his perch and pulls the blinds and crawls inbetween them to get his view of the outdoors. This is my second set of blinds cause he breaks the ends off from climbing through them.

Little booger. :p

Sharly
09-12-2007, 10:31 AM

This is one of my (nine) couch potatoes. I just love the contented look on his face. This is Casanova (because he's a lover, not a fighter) making himself comfortable on the back of the couch!

sylvia
09-12-2007, 11:13 AM
aw to cute
thats were my cat sleeps to
sylvia

jdee
09-12-2007, 01:19 PM
:inlove:Aww! What beautiful kitties ya'll have. Sajomaro, thanks for sharing your cute photos. They're just adorable. Sharly, your Casanova looks a lot like my Morty. Here he is in his pose I like to call "squished." I don't know why he does it. It can't be comfy.:teehee:

Sharly
09-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Jdee! Morty is precious!! Is the picture deceiving, or does he have the longest tail, ever??? :)

How many cats do you serve, I mean, have?

jdee
09-12-2007, 03:31 PM
He has a very long tail. Its so funny. I serve 5 indoor only cats, but my husband and I have spayed and neutered a colony of strays in the neighborhood. About 10 of them have become friendly with us, and, after the appropriate vaccinations and tests, have become indoor/outdoor cats. So I'd say about 15 of them are mine, the rest of them just come over to eat.lol But at least they no longer reproduce.

here are my five indoor only cats...There's Abby, Annie, Merlin, Morty, and Mabel. (Annie is the one on my avatar. I don't know if you can see her in the suitcase picture with Abby. Merlin is the fuzzy one in the chair with Morty, and the baby is Mabel)

Sharly
09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Jdee, they are awesome! I love that you are taking care of the cat population in your area. I guess it's up to a few of us to be responsible.

We have intended to do the same thing, (neuter and let them stay outside) however, the last two we had neutered, wound up becoming housecats. Kosmo was making "presents" of the chipmunks, and I didn't want him hunting anymore, and Nova (Casanova) was out in the street one too many times. They have adjusted well, and fortunately, we have avoided any further additions. However, a house nearby that was a rental was just vacated, and I'm worried they left behind a kitty or two. I keep watching out because I know they'll find their way to my house if they did.

You can see our kitties at their site, www.houseof9lives.wordpress.com (http://www.houseof9lives.wordpress.com)

jdee
09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
They're adorable!

I hope those people didn't leave thier cats behind. That always makes me furious to think there are people out there who consider pets disposable. Hopefully, they'll come back for them.
I think it's great that you've been able to make housecats out of strays. The ones around here were feral, and it took a long time for them to get brave enough to let us pet them, and come inside our house. I tried refusing to let them back out, and they became so spooked that I felt guilty. That's why they're indoor/outdoor.

Sharly
09-13-2007, 09:19 AM
So far, I haven't seen the kitties - I hope they took them. For some reason, I usually assume the worst about people and pets.

You are doing a great thing with the feral cats! I've been lukcy that everyone that has shown up here has been very loving. Barny is the least social and could really take us or leave us, but she does enjoy the soft warm beds and a/c in the summer!

letah75
09-14-2007, 05:14 PM
I have a long haired kitty (white and orange) who LOVES to sleep on the red sofa, the hair gets everywhere. If you want to get the hair up FAST and not have to use the vacuum, all you need is a dryer sheet. Rub it over the cat fur, and it will pick it up! And the sofa will smell fresh and clean.

Sharly
09-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Great tip! That may be the one thing I haven't tried! I finally gave in and got mostly leather furniture! I have an upholstered chair and ottoman that I keep covered with plastic until we have company!

Last week the bug man came to spray and asked if I was planning a murder because there was plastic everywhere! It's quite tacky - but, the cats are happy - what can I say? :shrug:

letah75
09-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Great tip! That may be the one thing I haven't tried! I finally gave in and got mostly leather furniture! I have an upholstered chair and ottoman that I keep covered with plastic until we have company!

Last week the bug man came to spray and asked if I was planning a murder because there was plastic everywhere! It's quite tacky - but, the cats are happy - what can I say? :shrug:

My sofas are 1970 style velvet, and the dryer sheet works wonders! It might take a few swipes, (sometimes a few dryer sheets), but it is such a great little tip. My grandma told me about it and it works great. It pretty much balls up the hair and you just pick up the hair ball, and toss it.

jdee
09-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Sharly, I was just wondering if you've seen the cats yet. I know what you mean about assuming the worst. It's hard not to when you see poor little abandoned cats and dogs running the streets and scrounging for food. But there really are lots of people who feed them, and open their homes to them. I have to try to remember to think about them, instead of the bad people. They really are out there.

Sharly
09-15-2007, 04:08 PM
No sign of them. I'm thinking they aren't around. Maybe I was wrong. They surely would have been over here by now and everytime I go by the house, I scour it for any sight of them. I think it's a good sign I haven't seen them.

You are right - there are a lot of unsung heroes that do care for animals who have no one else. If I didn't work full time, I would love to operate a no-kill shelter in our area. There isn't one, and I certainly have the heart for it and the space...just not the time or $$...

Well, take care and at this point we'll just try to believe the best :)

AnnaT
09-18-2007, 01:50 AM
Here is my cat, Miki, in different sleeping poses. The first one is on the back of our couch on a store-bought felted blanket (which technically isn't allowed, but he isn't bothered by the rule) and one is on the blanket I knitted for him.

Sharly
09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Miki is beautiful!!

AnnaT
09-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Thanks, Sharly. I tend to think so, too. :teehee: He's definitely the king of the house and never misses an opportunity to remind us!

Sharly
09-21-2007, 08:58 AM
They have a way of doing that, don't they? :)

jdee
09-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Oh, AnnaT, Your cat is so sweet looking.:inlove:

jennylozano
09-22-2007, 12:09 AM
And here are mine... I hope you can see them cloud9 That's Nania when I got the picture from the rescue home before I adopted her. Sybil is in the floor "reading" :teehee: She is actually silverish, she looks pretty white in that picture though

BostonBecca
09-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Here is our Big Papi.

jdee
09-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Such beautiful kitties you all have. I'm really enjoying this.

AnnaT
09-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Oh, AnnaT, Your cat is so sweet looking.:inlove:

Thank you, but if you only knew. :shock:

AnnaT
09-25-2007, 05:44 AM
And here are mine... I hope you can see them cloud9 That's Nania when I got the picture from the rescue home before I adopted her. Sybil is in the floor "reading" :teehee: She is actually silverish, she looks pretty white in that picture though

Those are beautiful cats! They have such striking eyes!

Here is our Big Papi.

I love Big Papi!! :heart::heart::heart: So dignified.

jdee
09-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by jdee http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/images/ca_serenity_purple/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=965679#post965679) Oh, AnnaT, Your cat is so sweet looking.:inlove:

Thank you, but if you only knew. :shock:

:roflhard:I know what you mean. My cats can be the most sweet loving creature one minute, then turn into the spawn of Satan the next.

Mulderknitter
09-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Ok, shoot me if you all have seen these before, but I can't resist a kitty thread!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture.jpg
That is Itchy at 3 weeks old right after we nabbed him from our lilac bush. His momma had abandoned him so we (I) rescued him. DH gave in after about 5 min with him
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture024.jpg
that is cute Itchy go night night on my computer table.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture015.jpg
That is my big baby, Mulder. 12 years old, 20 pounds of pure love. He is happy in the pic because he convinced me to make the bed so he could be on the comforter.:roflhard:

dustinac
09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
aww all the kitties are to cute....I think I have added Gideon Gus (the big gray and white kitty) when he as kitten to the pet thread on here but now he is bigger and we have Bella....sooooo

jdee
09-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh! What beauties. Thanks for sharing.:muah:

Sharly
09-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Always love to see the kitty pictures! (Like I don't seen enough kitties in The House of 9 Lives!)

dustinac
09-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Thank you... I asked weeones (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=93256)to make me some sm of Gideon they turned out to cute... I need to get back with her and have some made of Bella... :teehee:

Sharly
09-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Oh, that would be too cute! I could see my crew displayed in a little shadow box!