PDA

View Full Version : Feedback wanted: Rainbow Swirl KP OPTIONS

ArtLady1981
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi'ya! :waving:

When and if someone here at KH purchases the new KP Rainbow Swirl "Harmony" OPTIONS...will you post your opinion here for me?

I would like to know:
1) Do you find them to be slow knitting, medium, or quick?
2) Is the surface smooth and slick for wood?
3) Is the visual impact of the Rainbow Swirl pleasant? Do you find it to be satisfying to look at while knitting along, or is it a little too much eye candy?

I almost ordered sizes 6,7,8,9...then I backed down to size 6...then I backed out altogether.

It is that Rainbow Swirl going on. I am not sure I could take looking at it against my yarn colors. I use variegated yarns a lot more than most folks. I also use beautiful stitch markers on my rows as a type of eye candy! (I also need to use the stitch markers for pattern clarity)

Do you hope that KP offers a solid color wood "option" later on? I woulda jumped right on a solid wood...light, medium or dark wood...wouldn't matter.

I would get all sizes in a solid color wood "option".
Does anyone have any INTEL about that for the future?

Thanks for taking time to help us assess Harmony Rainbow Swirl OPTIONS.

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-11-2007, 04:57 PM
I ordered the DPN set and will post up some reviews as soon as I get them. (should be today or tomorrow) I'm hoping they are more Crystal Palace than Brittany with regards to the viscosity.

I had been eyeing the Grafton Fibers Darn Pretty dpn's, but just couldn't drop the 30.00 for one set of dpn's. I'm hoping to get one for Christmas or something someday and compare those also. I just love the variegated wood needles! (Maybe one days Socks that Rock can have matching dpn's to go with colorway sets. One can dream, right?)

ArtLady1981
09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I ordered the DPN set and will post up some reviews as soon as I get them. (should be today or tomorrow) I'm hoping they are more Crystal Palace than Brittany with regards to the viscosity.

I had been eyeing the Grafton Fibers Darn Pretty dpn's, but just couldn't drop the 30.00 for one set of dpn's. I'm hoping to get one for Christmas or something someday and compare those also. I just love the variegated wood needles! (Maybe one days Socks that Rock can have matching dpn's to go with colorway sets. One can dream, right?)

OH WOW! I visited the GraftonFibers.com website! WOW! They have the most delicous looking wood needles! Solids! Swirls in different color combos! Swirls in wood tones! WOW! Circs. DPNs. However, where did you find a retailer that actually sells them?

However, they are not interchangeble. Ohhh, we knitters are a hard bunch to please, ain't we? We just want what we want for the price we want!

Thanks for sharing the intel. I will await your assessment of the KP Harmony DPN's. KP certainly does have the best prices on the net.

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-11-2007, 05:30 PM
http://estore.websitepros.com/CampanillaImports/Categories.bok?category=Tools

Ebay also has them in the eStores. The big problem with these are they are hand turned by one guy, so they sell out FAST. I really want the solid green and solid blue ones. *sigh* (I already have 3 different brands of size 1 needles, and I have another set on the way. Do Not Need Needles!)

ArtLady1981
09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the help! I visited the link you provided, however, did not see circs.

So that got me "on the hunt". I found dpn's and circs
on Ebay, in a shop that is in MY FAVORITE SELLERS! (emtnestr)

HERE (http://stores.ebay.com/emtnestr_Knitting-Needles_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ113176018QQftidZ2QQ tZkm) is a direct link to her offerings! WOW! She has many sets (circ and dps's) for sale!
Yup, they are spendy. I *may get one circ in that warm wood swirl...to test out the transition from cord to needle. If it hangs up the knitting...yuk. Not for me. Which is why I love KP Options...no hang up.

*No, I don't need any new needles...however...these a mightily tempting. I am a visual person. I guess it comes with the territory! (my career in art sales) :shrug:

Wahlee
09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I ordered a set of size 7 tips. I don't usually like wooden needles at all, but I've only used wood with wool, so we'll see if I like them better for my super slippery yarn.

If you don't like the rainbow colors, you might consider sending Knitpicks an e-mail. They've done all sorts of things in response to customer feedback. If enough people tell them they'd rather have natural-toned needles, I bet they'd make them.

ArtLady1981
09-12-2007, 12:59 AM
I ordered a set of size 7 tips. I don't usually like wooden needles at all, but I've only used wood with wool, so we'll see if I like them better for my super slippery yarn.

If you don't like the rainbow colors, you might consider sending Knitpicks an e-mail. They've done all sorts of things in response to customer feedback. If enough people tell them they'd rather have natural-toned needles, I bet they'd make them.

I was thinking I should do that. And, I will do that tonight!

I visited Ebay tonight and bought one pair size US7 circs called Darn Pretty by Grafton Fibres. These needles are a natural wood swirl...sooo beautiful...in several warm wood tones. I eagerly await their arrival.

I "saved" this photo from the lady's Ebay listing.
I have done business with her many times. She is 100% on top of her business. Her Ebay Yarn Shop is called EMTNSTR. If anyone wants a link to her shop, let me know.
This set of circs was $30...so you see why I need to give KnitPicks a goose!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/GraftonFibersCircs.jpg

AnotherBecca
09-12-2007, 04:32 AM
I was thinking of ordering a few sizes that I still need for projects on my wish-to-knit list in the colorful wood...I don't especially love it, but I'd like to give the wood a shot! I'll go ahead and order them and let you know what I think! I was trying to wait to place my order until a book I want gets back in stock...but I doubt I'll be able to do so... I've already been waiting since July!

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Those Grafton's are beautiful, and look like they have a nice slick finish. Yummy! (I really, really hope that my KP DPN's aren't just raw wood. )

jmp3775
09-12-2007, 11:12 AM
My set is arriving today- I will post feedback.

ChristinaKnits
09-12-2007, 11:14 AM
I recieved my Harmony needles today...woohooo!!! They are better then I expected...they are silky smooth, like smoother than any wooden needle I have ever owned. The joins are really smooth too, just like the metal Options, and they are really pretty! they are darker colors than they look online. I ordered 2 sets of tips, a fixed circ, and a set of DPNs and they are all silky smooth with very pointy tips. The only thing is, I was under the impression the DPNs came with 6 needles but they are only 5. Maybe it was just the sock set *shrug*...but I am definitely in love!!! I'll check back when I have actually knitted with them :)

Limey
09-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi

If I were you, I'd show that lovely photo you took to EMNSTR, - who knows? you might get a free pair for all the advertising/promo material you've given her.

Lady Violet
09-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I recieved my Harmony needles today...woohooo!!! They are better then I expected...they are silky smooth, like smoother than any wooden needle I have ever owned. The joins are really smooth too, just like the metal Options, and they are really pretty! they are darker colors than they look online. I ordered 2 sets of tips, a fixed circ, and a set of DPNs and they are all silky smooth with very pointy tips. The only thing is, I was under the impression the DPNs came with 6 needles but they are only 5. Maybe it was just the sock set *shrug*...but I am definitely in love!!! I'll check back when I have actually knitted with them :)

i just checked the site and it's the sock set and the separate 6" sets that have six. great for those frustrated sock knitters that take one of their needles and throw it out the window, never to be seen again. ;)

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-12-2007, 02:53 PM

So they are nice and slick like Crystal Palace needles? Not all slow and grainy like Brittany's? I am sure my mailman will be happy when I pounce on him this afternoon. :woot: I might have to ball up my Space Dust skein of Socks That Rock!

Chrissie
09-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm curious about the join between the metal and the wood....is that smooth? And if anyone gets the sock set, I'd love to hear how those are. I just don't know if I could take the colors. I like a light colored wood/bamboo needles for socks.

stirsmommy
09-12-2007, 03:00 PM
YOu know the only reason I didn't jump when I saw them was that I didn't know how I would feel with those colors on my yarn. I am pretty persnickety about color combos. That said I love the picture of the wood toned ones. If those would fit my option I think I would be the first in line for them. Not that I need new needles I just got my options a month ago and I am already completely n love with them. New wood tips would just be bonus.

ArtLady1981
09-12-2007, 03:52 PM

Thanks very much for your info regarding your first impression of Harmony KP Options! Darker colors than they look online? Hmmm. That is good! The online colors look so riotous!

Let us know how they knit! I am sure they will be great...but let us know your evaluation!

One thing kinda neat about Harmony circs: most wood needles DO NOT have pointy tips, which can be good or bad, depending on the work. The pointy tips pf Harmony will really help with cabling, lace, etc.

I am working on the Touch of Whimsey scarf...started out with Addi's (so the yarn wouldn't split so easily) but quickly had to switch to my OPTIONS because of all the knit 2 togethers on every other row...and cables on rows 2 and 8!

jmp3775
09-12-2007, 05:48 PM
OK- mine came today and here's the review...the points are the same as the metal Options. The join between the wood and the metal is undetectable if you close your eyes and run your fingers over them. They are so smooth, they feel like glass or metal. The colors are darker- see the pic of the Harmony cable needles on KP site. Its more accurate. I cast on in laceweight mohair for the MOdern Quilt Wrap, and its TRUE LOVE! These needles are an awesome addition to the line!
Oh, I got the full set plus the 13, 15 and 17 tips. The new bag is allright, but nothing to write home about. I will probably wind up getting another fabric needle roll made to store these, like I did with my other 2 Options sets.
Let me know if there are any other questions!

debinoz
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I was thinking I should do that. And, I will do that tonight!

I visited Ebay tonight and bought one pair size US7 circs called Darn Pretty by Grafton Fibres. These needles are a natural wood swirl...sooo beautiful...in several warm wood tones. I eagerly await their arrival.

I "saved" this photo from the lady's Ebay listing.
I have done business with her many times. She is 100% on top of her business. Her Ebay Yarn Shop is called EMTNSTR. If anyone wants a link to her shop, let me know.
This set of circs was $30...so you see why I need to give KnitPicks a goose!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/GraftonFibersCircs.jpg

Looking at the transition between tip and cable in this picture makes me think it might not work so well. Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks like there is quite a difference in size. :shrug:

lauraknits
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
My harmony tips are sitting at a sorting center in Ohio! Oh, now I wish I paid for rapid shipping!!!

mwedzi
09-12-2007, 10:10 PM
You guys got your needles so quickly. Didn't they just come out Friday? I ordered Saturday and I just got a shipping notice today saying expect 5-10 days for delivery. :(

ArtLady1981
09-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Looking at the transition between tip and cable in this picture makes me think it might not work so well. Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks like there is quite a difference in size. :shrug:

Yeah, that is why I just bought one pair...well, and because of the price tag!

I'm hoping they won't be a problem child. :shrug:

ChristinaKnits
09-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Chronicles,
they are wayyyyy smoother than Brittanys..I'm not sure about Crystal Palace, but these feel like glass, literally.

robynbird
09-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Chronicles,
they are wayyyyy smoother than Brittanys..I'm not sure about Crystal Palace, but these feel like glass, literally.

Oh man I can't wait to get mine! I should have them tomorrow. :) :woohoo:

ArtLady1981
09-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Chronicles,

Thank You Thank You! It is so nice to learn that the Harmony OPTIONS are as smooth as glass! WhoooHooo!
Maybe I will break down and get one set of tips and give 'em
a spin around the block!

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Chronicles,

I am SO happy to hear that. pointy, slick, warm wood needles, in colors! Oh joy!

jmp3775
09-13-2007, 11:09 AM
You guys got your needles so quickly. Didn't they just come out Friday? I ordered Saturday and I just got a shipping notice today saying expect 5-10 days for delivery. :(

3 day shipping.

Mommy22alyns
09-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I think I'm going to cry! I seriously have Brittanys in 0-4... and all this feedback is making me wish for the Harmony instead! Anyone want to relieve me of the Brittanys for a reasonable price?

ChristinaKnits
09-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Mommy22,
I have a bunch of them too...thank goodness the Harmonys aren't expensive ;) by the way, LOVE your 2 FO's in your avatar :)

PaperGirl
09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I ordered on sz 3 circ to practice Magic Loop on...if I like it, Ill get more.

I ordered the nickel one too, so I can try both, and hint to hubby which I want more.

Mommy22alyns
09-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Mommy22,
I have a bunch of them too...thank goodness the Harmonys aren't expensive ;) by the way, LOVE your 2 FO's in your avatar :)

Thank you! :hug:

brendajos
09-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Ya know I could have done without all the reviews saying that they were so slick because that takes away my last excuse for not buying them!

*shakes fist and gets out credit card*

robynbird
09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Ya know I could have done without all the reviews saying that they were so slick because that takes away my last excuse for not buying them!

*shakes fist and gets out credit card* :roflhard:

I just some today and felt them...they are soooo smooth! Also, the colors are darker than in the pictures and they are really pretty. Darker green and pink/red with natural wood too. I'm so glad I got them!

ArtLady1981
09-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi! :waving:

I sent my "input" to KnitPicks a few days ago.

I asked them to think about creating Harmony OPTIONS in natural wood tones, either solid or swirled, as an addition to the Rainbow Swirl Harmonys. I explained my reasons...about the Rainbow Swirl being such a riot of color for my eye. It is really just one knitter's opinion.

Geogianna from Customer Service already responded to my email...and said she would pass my letter along to the Design Team! So, who know???

I also sent them that image of the Grafton circs that were $30. I asked them to please save me from these people!! :teehee:

Besides that, the money...I am certain that the KP Harmonys will KNIT BETTER than Graftons, or any other brand of wood or bamboo needle.

I don't have a lot of experience with wood or bamboo. I have some Lantern Moons, some Crystal Palace and some Clovers. Sometimes a project needs wood!

Most of my knitting needs fast, slick, quick METALS...like Addis and Options.

jberry16
09-14-2007, 03:58 PM
ok now y'all are making me want these, not good. I'd talked myself out of them b/c I already have the options set and the denise set...Christmas is around the corner though---hummm.
whoever got the long circ for ml please let me know how you like it, I was thinkin of ordering one of those.

snowangel
09-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I got my sock DPN's today! I ordered some size 1's to try them out. Because they are so little they only have three colors, purple, green, and yellow. They are very pretty and like everyone else said, darker colors. They are very smooth and nice to use! (I cast on a gague swatch for some sock yarn I had immediately)

chrislt8
09-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I received my set today (ordered the set of tips) and they really are lovely. The colors are much darker/richer than they show on the site and they are deliciously smooth. I knit a bit with them and they are wonderful - the joins are flawless and the yarn slides nicely, but with a better "grip" than on the Options! The color was not at all distracting using a solid yarn (not sure if I will feel the same with a variegated yarn, will have to try it out). I really wanted some wood needles, but didn't want to give up the flexibility of the Options cords - so I am a very happy camper right now :happydance: Now I feel like a very well armed knitter - ready to take on any yarn thrown my way :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
09-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I received my set today (ordered the set of tips) and they really are lovely. The colors are much darker/richer than they show on the site and they are deliciously smooth. I knit a bit with them and they are wonderful - the joins are flawless and the yarn slides nicely, but with a better "grip" than on the Options! The color was not at all distracting using a solid yarn (not sure if I will feel the same with a variegated yarn, will have to try it out). I really wanted some wood needles, but didn't want to give up the flexibility of the Options cords - so I am a very happy camper right now :happydance: Now I feel like a very well armed knitter - ready to take on any yarn thrown my way :thumbsup:

Hi Chris! :waving: Thanks so much for your input and feedback!
Darn. Now I am leaning towards ordering! At least one set of tips.

Lady Violet
09-14-2007, 11:31 PM
ok now y'all are making me want these, not good. I'd talked myself out of them b/c I already have the options set and the denise set...Christmas is around the corner though---hummm.
whoever got the long circ for ml please let me know how you like it, I was thinkin of ordering one of those.

i got the 32" for ML. i was going to do some toe-up socks. i part of the toe, then decided to move on to another project with the same tips. i will probably just frog what little i had done. i'm currently working on my first sock using silver's tutorial (of course). i really do like ML. i will definitely be using it a lot. i intend to use it (with the same cable and tips) for a couple of hats for christmas presents. it completely eliminates the need to switch to DPNs when you reach the decrease rounds.

chrislt8
09-15-2007, 10:55 AM
ArtLady, I really do think you would be pleased with them. Maybe not for everything as I can see the colors being a little too much if using a very variegated yarn...but the quality of them, the richness of the tones, smoothness of finish, etc., are really lovely. Maybe you should just go ahead an order one set of tips to try them out :shrug: I think they would have been great while knitting that white Khaki Cables sweater ;) JMO

mwedzi
09-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Okay, I got my set of size 4 dpns today, 1 week after placing the order. The needles are SMOOTH. They are smoother than Crystal Palace. And they have wonderful tips. I prefer wood needles for wool and would like to use them for other things, too, if they were this smooth. I want a set.

That said, the first row I knit with them, I got a snag. So one of them is damaged and is pretty much unknittable with. And no way am I going to go off and sandpaper it and mess up this finish. But you can see what I mean.

hellokitty165
09-15-2007, 05:56 PM
i got my harmony today ...ordered tuesday and sat i got it !!!:thumbsup:

i used alot of cotton yarn and now i used them on the 16" harmony needle and i knit like rocket fast soooo smooth !!! better than the clover, lantern moon, bryspun, and many other brands i had on hand....

the 16" circular is really short in the tips and i love that ...it helped my carpal tunnel alot when knitting sleeves...

i gave my ten :thumbsup:s up !

so so impressed by their creations.... my DH is impressed too !!!

yup going to stock up more for my collection :blooby::blooby:

suecq
09-15-2007, 06:29 PM
That is just terrible to get a snag. I am sure that KP customer service will send you a new set ASAP. Just call them or email them.

Samsam
09-15-2007, 06:32 PM
I ordered a set today :D
I forgot to get the extra larger tips though...

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-15-2007, 11:39 PM
OUCH! Nasty snag. However, I'll take a snag from a company who is responsive and will take care of you as opposed to other expensive needle companies (*cough* Lanter Moon *cough*)
who consistently put out needles that are weak in the middle and take months to email you back and then even longer to actually get you a replacement.

I really love these needles! Strong, pointy, and slick. I know when I can barely bend a size 1 needle that the company did their research on materials. I'll be selling off my other needles and replacing them with these, they are THAT good. (And I know if I get a wonky one I can make a phone call, get an apology, and have replacements in the mail that day!)

momwolf
09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Got my Rainbow Swirl needles today and are they ever http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_113.gif NOT bright at all.Just look like stained wood.You can see the wood grain through the colors.I'm gonna try them later tonight and will let you know how they are.

momwolf
09-17-2007, 04:43 PM
OK I'mhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_211.gif Went to put my Rainbows on cables and they broke.Called them and they will send me a new set when their order comes in on Oct. 1st:waah::hair::tap:I'm gonna glue it back together and see how they work.Pay good money for this stuff and it falls apart :!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!:

hellokitty165
09-17-2007, 04:56 PM
it does not looked broken ?? can you glue it back ?

ArtLady1981
09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
While of vacation, I had a cord that became "unplugged" from the metal cap. I glued it back. If it had remained a problem, I woulda call KP when I got home. It never did "unplug" again. Now I can't even remember which 24" cord it was! Der.

suecq
09-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Try Gorilla glue.

lauraknits
09-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Got mine! Love them! LOVE THEM!!!

They are beautiful, not too bright, very very smooth, just like everyone says. I am knitting with them right now. I was doing a hat and getting ready to start decreasing so I just put one of these on and I'm magic looping. The hat is alpaca, so I am slower than on options, but not too much, and they just feel so.....organic. I like it! I never liked wood before! I can't wait to try them with my linen yarn, if I ever get around to knitting it!

newbieknitter
09-18-2007, 11:51 PM
OHSWEETGEEZUS......they are GORGEOUS and feel marvelous. Got home late, so haven't knitted with them, but they look and feel GREAT.

And did I mention that they are GORGEOUS???? :woot:

ArtLady1981
09-19-2007, 02:38 AM
Hi Newbie! Hi Laura! :waving: Thanks for your input! Much appreciated! Happy Knitting!

jberry16
09-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I just got my size 2 32" today in the mail and hope to cast on with them soon. I can feel the join and hope it wont be a prob. also, my wood isn't swirled, just long verticle lines maybe that's b/c they're so tiny? They're very lightweight and smooth and I hope I like them.

IBAmyB
09-19-2007, 02:06 PM
I am going to be ordering a set of Harmony DPNs and the cable needles soon. :) :drool: Just got to get my entire order up to $45... shouldn't be too hard. ;)

i just checked the site and it's the sock set and the separate 6" sets that have six.

I wonder if they will ever have an option to order a single DPN? My luck I will lose 2 and then have to order a whole new set of 5 or 6! :cry:

jberry16
09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
you should ask them about it. I'm sure they're open to ideas from us knitters

suecq
09-19-2007, 03:01 PM
The smaller size needles are not swirled. It is because of the small diameter.

CindyH
09-20-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm bummed...

I got my order yesterday - I got 2 of the 24" fixed Size 3 Harmony circulars. They are pretty and felt smooth to the touch. I cast on some socks, and was disappointed to find that 1 of the tips on one of the circulars was not smooth and was snagging the yarn! :help:

I've e-mailed KP about it, but it's still a bummer to get defective products...

Quiltlady
09-20-2007, 01:27 PM
I just found out about the whole Harmony set today. I am seriously thinking of order the set. I have the Denise ones which I love but sometimes wish I had a second set of interchangeables.. So this new Harmony might be just what I want. :teehee:

Silver
09-20-2007, 02:01 PM
I ordered a couple size 1 fixed circs to test out and they came today. (These will be used in my upcoming sock knitting classes). I am really impressed with them and think I have to order the whole set now... :teehee:

kitkat
09-20-2007, 02:35 PM
(BEATING HEAD AGAINST MONITOR)

Why oh why did I even OPEN this thread! Now I feel an uncontrollable compulsion to GO SHOPPING RIGHT NOW! OH OH OH and just yesterday I was looking at Silver's tutorial thinking I should give the ML method a try....so there is my justification for ordering more booty!

Quiltlady
09-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I just ordered the whole interchangeable Harmony set.:woot: Plus one set of dpn's for when I knit socks. Can't wait to get them.:woohoo:

Wahlee
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I got my "test tips" the other day-- the very day I came home from work with the stomach flu. *sigh* So I didn't get to try them out until yesterday.

I tried them with the wool I'd been knitting with most recently, as contrast. They're definitely grabbier than the metal Options, but they're much *less* grabby than the other non-metal needles I've tried (bamboo, mostly). Then I tried them on the silk I'd just finished using for a shawl. Nice! They gave the perfect amount of control.

I think I'll still prefer my metal Options for wool, but I can see myself getting a full set of Harmony ones for silk and cotton and other slippery yarns.

ArtLady1981
09-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I got my "test tips" the other day-- the very day I came home from work with the stomach flu. *sigh* So I didn't get to try them out until yesterday.

I tried them with the wool I'd been knitting with most recently, as contrast. They're definitely grabbier than the metal Options, but they're much *less* grabby than the other non-metal needles I've tried (bamboo, mostly). Then I tried them on the silk I'd just finished using for a shawl. Nice! They gave the perfect amount of control.

I think I'll still prefer my metal Options for wool, but I can see myself getting a full set of Harmony ones for silk and cotton and other slippery yarns.

Hi'ya Wahlee! :waving: Thank you for your excellent feedback! I now have a greater understanding of their pros and cons. Mostly "pros" from the sound of it!

Anyone else want to weigh in on the pros and cons of Harmony's? All feedback helps us assess whether or not we want to invest in yet another needle!

dustinac
09-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I tried mom's out...I made a dishrag on them...so nice!! They are lighter than the options I think... and they don't feel like wood at all...very smooth... I've already asked dh for the set for Christmas :teehee:

Samsam
09-21-2007, 11:23 PM
My rainbow options came in yesterday! They're amazing.. I :heart: them. Knitpicks ships out fast!

chrislt8
09-22-2007, 12:46 AM
I am really pleased with the Harmonies as well and think Wahlee's comments are right spot on. They are a little "grabbier" than the nickel plated - but much smoother than other wooden needles I've tried. I do like the feel of them in my hands and find I have a little less wrist ache when using them for marathon knitting. they just feel "warmer".

The colors haven't been a problem yet (although I still haven't tried them with any strongly variegated yarns) and the richness of the colors just make them feel luxurious...

So - that's my very humble review to date! :teehee: HTH

robynbird
09-22-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm really enjoying them. I used a size 7 to make a dishcloth and now I'm using the size 4 to make the Rainy Day socks. I've got my MIL socks on the size 1. Now, I think I may prefer the nickel plated ones just slightly over the harmony wood but the wood are very smooth. The wood are much pointier!

ArtLady1981
09-22-2007, 03:41 AM
I am really pleased with the Harmonies as well and think Wahlee's comments are right spot on. They are a little "grabbier" than the nickel plated - but much smoother than other wooden needles I've tried. I do like the feel of them in my hands and find I have a little less wrist ache when using them for marathon knitting. they just feel "warmer".

The colors haven't been a problem yet (although I still haven't tried them with any strongly variegated yarns) and the richness of the colors just make them feel luxurious...

So - that's my very humble review to date! :teehee: HTH

THANKS AGAIN CHRIS! Knit on Good Woman! :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
09-22-2007, 03:45 AM
I'm really enjoying them. I used a size 7 to make a dishcloth and now I'm using the size 4 to make the Rainy Day socks. I've got my MIL socks on the size 1. Now, I think I may prefer the nickel plated ones just slightly over the harmony wood but the wood are very smooth. The wood are much pointier!

Hi Robynbird! :waving:

Hmmm. Thanks for the "pointer" about the pointier tips! :teehee:

Yesteday, as I was knitting on my Shire Silk vest using Malabrigo...I had to change from my metal OPTIONS to my old Addis. I don't know why, but I was pushing my yarn with my fingertips...and OUCH...I kept stabbing myself to the point of HURT! That is one thing about the Addis...they are just right for projects where you find yourself pushing the yarn off the needle. I don't do that all the time. Just some yarns with some stitches. Don't understand it. :eyes:

Lady Violet
09-22-2007, 07:41 PM
ArtLady, you're supposed to build up those calluses! that's what i've done. it's the sign of a true knitter, right? :teehee:

i just got some absolutely GORGEOUS wool/bamboo (50/50) to knit up some wrist warmers. i'm going to use ML, so i need to get some size 4 tips for the 32" cable i already have. from what you all have experienced with the harmonies and regular options, which do you think would work better? i'm considering just getting some of each (just because :wink:). i love the one pair of regular tips i already have, so i know i wouldn't have a problem with those being too slick, especially since i'll be doing ML. the only problem i could see having with the harmonies is the off chance that i might get a tip that decides to be difficult and splinter.

opinions, anyone?

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-22-2007, 07:49 PM
If I use my Options with cotton, I end up putting holes in my fingers until I build my little callus again. It's worth it for the speed...I just keep some band-aids around, keep it on for a day, then slip it of and knit again.

Mommy22alyns
09-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Yesteday, as I was knitting on my Shire Silk vest using Malabrigo...I had to change from my metal OPTIONS to my old Addis. I don't know why, but I was pushing my yarn with my fingertips...and OUCH...I kept stabbing myself to the point of HURT!

I encountered that with my Options too. Finally I built up a little callus - I can barely feel it, but my finger doesn't hurt anymore!

Samsam
09-22-2007, 09:22 PM
hm, the wood ones aren't very pointy to me and they don't hurt my fingers. But I feel as if I have to knit looser with them because I don't want to ruin the tips by knitting too tightly..(like I did with my clovers, but those aren't laminated. I wonder if I'm worrying for nothing).
I'm doing magic loop on them and they work well for that...

ArtLady1981
09-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Hi! :waving: If I could only own one set of OPTIONS tips in US4...I would get the metal OPTIONS.

Callus? :teehee: The tip of my OPTIONS actually drew blood one day. BLOOD! It really pierced my skin. Well, for the next week I had to wear a round little band-aid on my finger. But anymore...if I catch myself chronically pushing my knitting off the needle with my fingertip...I just change to an ADDI if I have it.

Fortunately, that act of pushing the knitting off the needle is not chronic nor a habit for me. :pout:

Phaedra
09-29-2007, 06:41 PM
I just got my size 3, 24 inch Harmony circular. It's so smooth and light! There are no snags and the joins are great. And of course because they are wood, they're quieter than the metal KP Options points. I had started an Icarus shawl on an Addi Natura (which have a horrible join); the Harmony are pointier and just enough grab for a slick yarn. Which is fanstastic as I'm using a 100% silk lace thread just a bit thicker than sewing thread.
The colors are dark (mine are mostly purple and green) and the varigated colors show well.

Quiltlady
09-29-2007, 07:58 PM
I got mine in the mail two days ago with fast, FREE shipping.:woot:

I think they are beautiful and so smooth. They seem to be even nicer than my Denise set which I have loved.

I don't find that the colors bother me when I'm knitting. I enjoy looking at them.

But since I knit continental style I had to tighten them a few times. I don't know if its because of all the wrist action that goes along with the knitting method that I use or what. But other than that I love them. I guess I need to learn how to use that little "key". How does that work?? Do I put it in the tiny hole and then turn?? Which direction? I don't "get" how that key is suppose to work. Thanks

amy
09-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Quiltlady, congrats on getting them! The key just enables you to keep the cable from turning while you tighten the needle tip against it. Or loosen the needle tip, if you're taking it off.

ArtLady, OMG, I can't believe the Options points made you bleed! :shock: Did you get an especially sharp needle, possibly? I have one needle in my set, that is quite different, and extremely pointy. It looks like someone hand shaped it. (maybe when correcting a different defect?) I've scratched myself on it, and I could imagine it drawing blood... After your story, it may be time for me to request a replacement needle!

Knitpicks sent me a sample of the Harmony needles. They're beautiful and very smooth, indeed. I agree, too bad they don't have plain wood, or solid colors, that would be ideal. But they are still VERY nice.

That new case they're selling looks nice--more streamline than the big black one. I'm curious how people like the new case. Quiltlady, did you get that new case? Anyone else? How do you like it?

For the record, I spoke with Bob Petkun (KP's manager/owner with Kelly Petkun) a few weeks ago, and I asked him about the cable length of their interchangeable set. He told me they do not intend to make a shorter cable length than the lengths they currently have (as had been rumored here at one point). Their 24" needle-plus-cable length is the shortest. He says that they created the 16" non-interchangeable cable needles to fill the need of the shorter length.

jdee
09-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Actually, since I learned the Magic Loop method of knitting in the round, I haven't really missed short cables.

I got my needles today. I love them, and I plan to get a whole set of tips, as soon as the rest of them become available.

Lisa R.
09-29-2007, 11:26 PM
You just use the key to provide resistance so that you can turn the needle more tightly onto the fitting. It's like a lever that just give you more "grip" than you can get just doing it with your fingers alone.

chrislt8
09-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Amy - I like the new case that comes with the Harmony needles much better than the black binder - that was just so bulky in my knitting bag and I just never liked it. The new case is is not glamorous by any means (just clear vinyl) but I have both my harmony tips and options tips in the little pockets, separated by size, going around the inside of the bag (each pocket holds both sets of one size of tips easily). I took the one-pocket sleeves from the Options case and cut off the part that has the holes for the binder - put my cables into them separated for each length, and those, along with my needle guage, fits in the center of the bag. Much more streamlined - and much lighter to carry around! Wish it was "pretty" - but the clear vinyl is nice in that you can see at a glance what tips are there. Overall IMO :thumbsup: HTH

ArtLady1981
10-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I just got my size 3, 24 inch Harmony circular. It's so smooth and light! There are no snags and the joins are great. And of course because they are wood, they're quieter than the metal KP Options points. I had started an Icarus shawl on an Addi Natura (which have a horrible join); the Harmony are pointier and just enough grab for a slick yarn. Which is fanstastic as I'm using a 100% silk lace thread just a bit thicker than sewing thread.
The colors are dark (mine are mostly purple and green) and the varigated colors show well.

:waving: Thanks for such an incisive appraisal of the Harmony circs, Phaedra! Happy Knitting! :knitting:

Phaedra
11-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I was on the bus, late for work, knitting on a sock with my Harmony size 1 (2.25m) 24" circulars. I guess my grip was a little strong, as I SNAPPED one of the points! :shock: It broke on a diagonal --- Sooooo, since I was already late for work, I made a stop off at the supermarket near my job, bought some Locktite Superglue and was able to repair it during a break (made sure there was no excess on the needle & let the bond cure during the rest of the work day.) When I got off from work and back on the bus in the evening, all was fine. :)

ArtLady1981
11-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I was on the bus, late for work, knitting on a sock with my Harmony size 1 (2.25m) 24" circulars. I guess my grip was a little strong, as I SNAPPED one of the points! :shock: It broke on a diagonal --- Sooooo, since I was already late for work, I made a stop off at the supermarket near my job, bought some Locktite Superglue and was able to repair it during a break (made sure there was no excess on the needle & let the bond cure during the rest of the work day.) When I got off from work and back on the bus in the evening, all was fine. :)

Phaedra! Thanks so much for posting this information! I will remember it! I glued a Crystal Palace bamboo tip back into the gold socket one time...and it worked....but I never dreamt the glue-back method would work for dpn's too! Good for you! :thumbsup:
I think KnitPicks said in their add that they give us an extra dpn...a set of 6 not 5...because they know these diagonally striated dpn's can snap on the diagonal.

Thanks again for posting your remedy and the outcome!

Dollyce

Phaedra
11-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh! My broken needle was a circular--- it broke off at a slant /
I'm happily surprised that the glue is holding!

Phaedra
11-10-2007, 08:46 PM
The needle that was broken is the one on the far left.

ArtLady1981
11-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh! My broken needle was a circular--- it broke off at a slant /
I'm happily surprised that the glue is holding!

Well, I'll be a sonofagun! I didn't realize that their circs would break, too! Hmmm. That is pretty bad. I think you should let them know that you have to glue your circ. They will immediately send you another one. Let them do that for you. Because, afterall, you do have a defective circ now...even tho you were able to fix it. It is like a teacup that gets glued back together. Would you really want to pour boiling water into it again and make a cup of tea to raise to your lips? Would it break again? Who knows??

Please do let KP know. They would WANT YOU TO. They DO NOT want a bad reputation to being circulating.

Thanks for the info. I am glad I have waited to get these new circs.

Phaedra
11-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, I'll be a sonofagun! I didn't realize that their circs would break, too! Hmmm. That is pretty bad. I think you should let them know that you have to glue your circ. They will immediately send you another one. Let them do that for you. Because, afterall, you do have a defective circ now...even tho you were able to fix it. It is like a teacup that gets glued back together. Would you really want to pour boiling water into it again and make a cup of tea to raise to your lips? Would it break again? Who knows??

Please do let KP know. They would WANT YOU TO. They DO NOT want a bad reputation to being circulating.

Thanks for the info. I am glad I have waited to get these new circs.

I emailed KnitPicks the same day you posted the above. I received a response asking whether or not it had been a gift or an order; I responded with my KP account info.
And today I received the below message:
Dear Phaedra,

I am sending you the replacement needle. It will arrive in 5-14 days.

Sincerely,

Jasmine
Customer Service

AND a separate email stating it had shipped! Thank you ArtLady for the advisement.

ArtLady1981
11-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I emailed KnitPicks the same day you posted the above. I received a response asking whether or not it had been a gift or an order; I responded with my KP account info.
And today I received the below message:
Dear Phaedra,

I am sending you the replacement needle. It will arrive in 5-14 days.

Sincerely,

Jasmine
Customer Service

AND a separate email stating it had shipped! Thank you ArtLady for the advisement.

You're welcome, Phaedra! I knew they wouldn't let you down. The last thing KP wants is a bad reputation with knitters. Bad press can spread like wildfire! We knitters look out for one another! :thumbsup:

KP has the best customer service policies! It is true SERVICE! I would do business with them first over any other online shop!

leppardess
11-27-2007, 02:38 AM
It's really heart warming to see such good things being said about this set. It's so tempting to order those too. I've been sitting here, drooling over the the idea of biting the bullet and ordering, in addition to getting myself some decent sock yarn to work with too :shifty:

I mean, this has everything plus, the company actually... oh gee, stands behind their product too. In this day and age, that's a rare and beautiful thing :p *must resist temptation....*

starburst
11-27-2007, 06:00 AM
I will not turn to the darkside! even if the darkside has cookies and amazing needles!

I just bought my Denise set and I'm pretty much in love with it, so I don't feel the need to switch just yet. I must say, no matter how dark the colors are, I'm not a fan of rainbows. I agree with the others who said they wanted solid colors.

jess_hawk
11-28-2007, 01:09 AM
I'd just like to thank everyone who has offered reviews on this thread. I've been REALLY wanting an interchangeable set and almost asked for a Boye set for Christmas but instead opted for some extra yarn and an extra long Addi (which I may end up needing to return, because I think I forgot to ask for one that was brass plated or whatever they have). So I'm going to instead wait and consider KPO. Now that I have read about the responsiveness of the company, I believe I will send them an email. I use metal needles for all yarn because I knit too tight for wood needles to work well (even though I love how they feel), but am allergic to nickel and would prefer not to risk a reaction to my needles. I would love to try the Harmony needles but multicolored things (unless in natural tones) tend to bother me much more than anyone else I know if they aren't patterned JUST right, so I don't plan to spend money on needles that will probably drive me nuts before I finish casting on.
I think I'll suggest that they consider non-nickel metal needles, and reiterate the suggestion for natural colored wood needles!

Phaedra
12-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I decided to knit a Kiri shawl for a co-worker who is leaving (I'm her sup.) Any hoo, I'm using my Harmony size 3 24" circular, and lace yarn from handpaintedyarns.com (stash). Lately I've been working with very smooth or silky yarns, and for just a moment the grab of the Harmony bothered me. Then I relaxed into it and everything is fine. Matter of fact, I'm loving the grab as I've yet to get the hang of the pattern and my DS likes to jump next to me on the sofa.
I remember awhile back, someone spoke of a concern with the color of the needle: would it cause difficulty in seeing the yarn? Look at the yarn I'm using:
Could I have matched it any better if I tried? There's a couple of needles stuck in there somewhere.

ArtLady1981
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I decided to knit a Kiri shawl for a co-worker who is leaving (I'm her sup.) Any hoo, I'm using my Harmony size 3 24" circular, and lace yarn from handpaintedyarns.com (stash). Lately I've been working with very smooth or silky yarns, and for just a moment the grab of the Harmony bothered me. Then I relaxed into it and everything is fine. Matter of fact, I'm loving the grab as I've yet to get the hang of the pattern and my DS likes to jump next to me on the sofa.
I remember awhile back, someone spoke of a concern with the color of the needle: would it cause difficulty in seeing the yarn? Look at the yarn I'm using:
Could I have matched it any better if I tried? There's a couple of needles stuck in there somewhere.

Hi'ya Phaedra! :waving: Thanks for sharing your HARMONY experience and feedback with us! I have yet to purchase the HARMONY needles. I am holdin' out for them to become available in wood tones, swirl or not. I have plenty of wood circs on hand, Crystal Palace, Lantern Moon, CLOVER, and Grafton Fibers. Sometimes the wood circs are the best for a certain yarn! But I usually opt for metal because they are faster. I reach for my OPTIONS first, but if they are hurting my fingertips because of the way my fingers are interacting with the yarn and the project...I switch to good ole ADDIS. They never hurt, but they are make cabling slower.

SabrinaJL
12-03-2007, 10:04 PM
When I ordered some stuff from KP, I threw in a set of Harmony tips just to give them a shot. I didn't expect too much, but I finally got around to using them and I really love them. They're smooth, pretty and pointy (although I don't think they're as sharp as the Options). Now I want a whole set.

ArtLady1981
12-04-2007, 03:41 AM
When I ordered some stuff from KP, I threw in a set of Harmony tips just to give them a shot. I didn't expect too much, but I finally got around to using them and I really love them. They're smooth, pretty and pointy (although I don't think they're as sharp as the Options). Now I want a whole set.

Thanks for the feedback, Sabrina! :thumbsup: It is good to know that HARMONY'S are not as pointy. Good news, actually! I love the metal OPTIONS, however, sometimes I have to switch to Addi's because the OPTIONS tips are hurting my fingertip. I mean OUCH! I don't always push my knitting off the left needle with my right forefinger. Just sometimes, with some yarns, with some projects. Hmmm. I can't figure out what is the determining factor.

Anyway, I have lots of different circ types...so I can always rummage around to find just the rigth one!

Phaedra
01-13-2008, 02:01 PM
I have had a size 1 (2.25) needle snap (and replaced), a size 1 (2.50) point that was ragged (and replaced twice-see below), and today :grrr: that 2nd replacement snapped right where the wood meets the metal part of the join!
So, I emailed KnitPicks--once again. This is getting very tiresome. I mean not only is my frustration with the needle, the company and myself but also the US Post Office. Because they broke the first replacement of the 2.50mm.
I going back to metal; I'll even stick with KnitPicks because I do like ther points and joins overall. But I will order no more Harmony.

ArtLady1981
01-14-2008, 12:20 AM
I have had a size 1 (2.25) needle snap (and replaced), a size 1 (2.50) point that was ragged (and replaced twice-see below), and today :grrr: that 2nd replacement snapped right where the wood meets the metal part of the join!
So, I emailed KnitPicks--once again. This is getting very tiresome. I mean not only is my frustration with the needle, the company and myself but also the US Post Office. Because they broke the first replacement of the 2.50mm.
I going back to metal; I'll even stick with KnitPicks because I do like ther points and joins overall. But I will order no more Harmony.

:waving:Thanks so much for the information, Phaedra!!! (I love your name BTW!)

I have heard that some folks have had more issues with needle breakage than other folks. Yes, if I were you...I would go back to metal. We all knit a little bit differently with regards to needle handling, tension, etc.

I bought the set of Harmony's...but haven't used anything but the 10 1/2 and the 7's so far. I also bought the full set of DPN's..which haven't arrived yet.

Your information will serve as a warning for the rest of us...to handle them with utmost gentle strength, if possible.

Sometimes maybe we just plain get defective wood grains...that are prone to snapping no matter how gentle we are! :eyes:

G J
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Well, it's been awhile since the Harmony needles came out. Do you who like them still like them? I find I'm needing more needle tips for multiple projects and I'm tempted to order some Harmony tips. Input anyone?

ArtLady1981
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
They are great needles! I have one set of all the Harmony's, including all the dpn's and cable needles!

I have about 3 of every size in the nickel plated OPTIONS, with the exception of sizes 10 and up, and the very smallest sizes of "fixed circs".

I have 3 5's, 6's, 7's, 8's, and 9's in the nickel. Even though they are interchangeable, and I could take them off and pop on an 'end cap'...I like having them at my disposal.

KP OPTIONS, whether Harmony wood or Nickel plated are so reasonably priced, you can get 3 of each of your most often used sizes for the same price as one set of Addis.

I still love my Addis for certain projects. When KP OPTIONS are splitting my yarn, I change to Addi's real quick! I hate splits!
They slow me down when I have to double back and fix splits!

I am using Addi's right now, as a matter of fact...for some Black Forest chunky yarn. It is by Naturwolle, and it is like MALABRIGO. Real prone to splitting.

Plantgoddess+
07-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I have had my Harmonys for several months and made several projects with them. I am very happy with them. They are great for slippery yarns, yet smooth enough that I don't feel they slow me down at all. I have added some 40" cables and doubled up on the size 4's and 5's since I managed to sit on my knitting not once but twice and broke my size 5's. I have learned to put my knitting in a container when not being worked. I have also used the end caps for a project on hold in order to use the tips on another project, I find that very helpful. I will probably order some option tips in sizes I use the most. I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

tokmom
07-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Can you show me which ones are your talking about on KP? I type in rainbow swirl and it takes me to the regular harmonies. :aww:

ArtLady1981
07-22-2008, 03:39 AM
KP "Harmony" needles are one and the same as "rainbow swirl"!
Harmony is the actual name given to them by their creators, KnitPicks...and the words 'rainbow swirl' are just visual descriptive terms!

These are Harmony's aka rainbow swirl!

http://www.knitpicks.com/images/groups/KPNDETipWD.jpg

fireflyknitter
07-22-2008, 09:27 AM
I've had mine for about 6 months now (has it really been that long??) and I've had no problems with them-- knock on wood! I love my Harmonies, for me they are the perfect needles! A little grip, a little slip, and oh so purty!

tokmom
07-22-2008, 12:01 PM
KP "Harmony" needles are one and the same as "rainbow swirl"!
Harmony is the actual name given to them by their creators, KnitPicks...and the words 'rainbow swirl' are just visual descriptive terms!

These are Harmony's aka rainbow swirl!

http://www.knitpicks.com/images/groups/KPNDETipWD.jpg

Ahh, I get it. I have those.:teehee: And I love them. I won't knit on anything else. I hope to have every dpn set as well. I love how pointy they are. I don't have splitting issues with bamboo yarn like I do if I use bamboo needles. I personally think it was money well spent.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-24-2008, 12:24 AM
I have some questions about these needles, hopefully you all can answer!

1. Are the harmony needles as smooth as the addi bamboo?

2. Do the harmony and options fit the same cords? (so, theoretically, could I put a wood tip on one end, and a metal tip on the other?) I'm asking because I may want to order SOME nickel plated needle tips (if i get the harmony set), and don't want to buy extra cables if i don't have to....

ArtLady1981
07-24-2008, 01:59 AM
I have some questions about these needles, hopefully you all can answer!

1. Are the harmony needles as smooth as the addi bamboo?

2. Do the harmony and options fit the same cords? (so, theoretically, could I put a wood tip on one end, and a metal tip on the other?) I'm asking because I may want to order SOME nickel plated needle tips (if i get the harmony set), and don't want to buy extra cables if i don't have to....

Hi Hildegard!

I can't answer question #1. I have never tried Addi Bamboo, however, I will tell you that Harmony's are a smooth as glass.

Yes, the cords are all the same...for Harmony's and the Nickel.
Yes, you could put a Harmony on one end and a Nickel on the other end of the same cord. No, you will not need to purchase any additional cords or end caps or the little key thingies.

I have both sets, and I use them all the time, Harmony's for some things, Nickels for other things. I think it is the best investment I have ever made. I wish OPTIONS had been around before I invested hundreds and hundreds of dollars in Addi's, Crystal Palace's, Lantern Moon's, etc. etc. as well as the full set of Denise Interchangeables. :pout:

Phaedra
07-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I know I said before that I would not buy anymore Harmony needles----I need to retract that. My size 2 (2.75mm) fixed 16" circs. are my absolute favorite sock needle. I just had to adjust my hand/yarn tension. My love of knitting is that it is soothing, and with a very smooth needle and join (not to mention the flexible cable ) Harmony is really wonderful. And I do plan on getting larger size tips.

jdee
07-25-2008, 05:23 AM
I have a set each of nickel and harmony, and also two of each sock size in the fixed circulars. They are still my favorite needles, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

RuthieinMaryland
07-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi, folks - :waving:

I just got in a set of the Harmony Wood DPN's. I haven't knitted with them yet, but they are gorgeous and I can't wait - silky smooth (NOT raw wood) and the colors are NOT fluorescent, but very subtle blends that I don't think will clash with yarn choices, at least in most cases. I suspect they'll just provide a good differentiation between needle and yarn.

Although I'm still drooling over the pic of the wood circ's!!! WOWSER! I'll put something up on the wood dpn's soon and report back. I'd like to get more info on how they knit and how they wear. Also, the kit has six needles in each size so you're not left hanging if one happens to break - a nice thought from KP.

Happy knitting -

Ruthie :muah: