PDA

View Full Version : Needlemaster question!-- NEW QUESTION! last reply

hydeemarie
09-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Ok, so I think I want to purchase the needlemaster because the denise set i didn't like because of the plastic tips and I don't think I would like the options because the addi surface got to me after awhile. Someone said that they could not knit with the smaller sizes in the set because the join of the cable was larger than the needle tip itself. is this true?

Sajomaro
09-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Mine are fine. It might have been a problem with the older versions but they fixed with the more resent ones. I got mine for Christmas last year and love them.

blueeyes28
09-12-2007, 06:52 AM
I don't know if you have a Tuesday Morning near you but they are advertising the needle master for $29.95 .

mathwizard
09-12-2007, 08:41 AM
I have a set from when needlemaster first came out and the join isn't bigger. The set is great and if I ever needed another set I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one.

Yarnlady
09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I have three sets of them and love them all equally. No problem with joins.

Did you know you can sand the Denise tips with a fine grit sandpaper and smooth with an emery board to make the tips as sharp as you'd like? :star::star::star::star::star:

vaknitter
09-12-2007, 09:56 AM
I love my Boye set - purchased by the hubby as a Christmas present a few years ago. I am actually on the hunt for a 2nd set and will be checking Tuesday Morning - thanks for the tip. They also seem to go pretty cheap on e-bay.

If the cables seem a little stiff I just hold them in my hands or run them under warm water.

hydeemarie
09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks for you input. I purchased the set today and am going to start knitting with them tonight and will let you know if they give me any problems. =] :woot:

hydeemarie
09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
So what do you all do when you want to knit socks on two circulars? How do you go about doing that?

hellokitty165
09-16-2007, 08:20 PM
i bought boye set twice and ended still selling them away...

i sold my denise too ...options is in for me...luv them

suzeeq
09-16-2007, 10:03 PM
So what do you all do when you want to knit socks on two circulars? How do you go about doing that?

You put one of the needle size you need on one end, and a smaller one on the other, on 2 cords. Just make sure you do all the knitting with the right size.

hellokitty165
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

you can check under magic loop on amy video