DQ
09-12-2007, 07:12 AM
AWWW!!!! He IS a pretty bird, and clever! :yay:

marykz
09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
how sweet!!

figaro
09-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I love those birds, I had one about 20 years ago and watching your video makes me want to get another one again!

JessicaR
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
He's so cute! Looks just like my Elvis. He could say hiya cutie, pretty bird, step up, and do the wolf whistle.

When I played the video our new dog started barking at the computer. He's such a retard.

zkimom
09-12-2007, 07:08 PM
How sweet! I have a cockatiel named Maggie. I didn't know he was a boy when I named him 13 years ago. He loves me like crazy but not the rest of the family.

He says "Hello, what are you doing? and calls the dog: "Lili, Lili!" and chatters to himself and wolf whistles.

Yesterday was almost his last. I had him on my hand and the next thing I knew my rat terrier jumped up and there was a cloud of feathers. Luckily the dog had grabbed at the bird's tail and that's all he got -- a mouthful of tail feathers!

I have to be more careful from now on. Luckily there is a reflex where all the tail feathers will come out to keep them from being eaten by a predator. I unfortunately learned that the hard way when I leaned on his tail and all his feathers came out at once. He waddled around looking like a grey penguin until they grew back!

Enjoy your bird -- they are a blast.

Best,
Susan

Mulderknitter
09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
That just gave me such a smile, I love pets!:muah: Thank you so much for sharing!

suecq
09-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Such a sweet bird. We have a white Cockatiel. No, not a yellow one, this is a pure white albino. I'd never seen one before.