PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'm the first to announce it....(new knitty!)

suzeeq
09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
New Knitty! http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/patterns.html

PaperGirl
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Im already in love with Totally Autumn

astonh
09-13-2007, 02:49 PM
I love Cherie Amour!!!

suzeeq
09-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Yes, Totally Autumn looks nice and cuddly.

PaperGirl
09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
OMG, the Woodins just look adorable! My kids would LOVE those!

Julie
09-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Wow, I looked like 1/2 hour ago, and I swear it wasn't up yet!

Chrissie
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I love the Foliage Malabrigo hat (I'm casting on IMMEDIATELY for that), Mr. Greenjeans sweater, the Woodins, Cherie Amour (although the style wouldn't be good on me), and Totally Autumn is awesome!

PurlyGyrl
09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh, :heart: I want to knit all of those! :eyebrow: But my pattern lust outpaces my knitting skills :verysad:

cds11
09-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh dear.... I thought I was doing good looking at all the fun stuff... and then, I came across the hats.. and I have been WANTING to do a hat for awhile now.. And to think, I should finally be getting my Fall Interweave Knits magazine soon too... I think I may be in trouble.. How on earth will all my homework get done?!?

Ingrid
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Nice stuff this time! Thanks for posting!

Jan in CA
09-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh, :heart: I want to knit all of those! :eyebrow: But my pattern lust outpaces my knitting skills :verysad:

My pattern lust outpaces my lifespan!! :passedout:

:roflhard:

BTW...did you see Cinderella? Two needle socks that are seamless.. don't know how that works, but they are pretty! Also love Totally Autumn!

Cookie222
09-13-2007, 03:41 PM
FINALLY!!!!:woot: (excuse the caps lock...)

I had been waiting for what seems like forever for it to come up. I'm off to go and take a look...

PurlyGyrl
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
cds11--forget homework--who needs an edycation, m m m m m-an edamucation ---m m m m m educktion--who needs that thar book lernin'--:teehee:JUST KIDDING:rofl:--homework first, then knitting first young lady :tap: (or maybe young man :shrug:)

BTW Jan--to be able to knit all the patterns I have in my stash, I'd have to live to be 237. :shock: I think I will request an engraving on my headstone--"JUST ONE MORE ROW" :roflhard:

GinnyG
09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
My pattern lust outpaces my lifespan!! :passedout:

:roflhard:

BTW...did you see Cinderella? Two needle socks that are seamless.. don't know how that works, but they are pretty! Also love Totally Autumn!

I'm with you. I got looking at my pattern collection the other day and at my "ABSOLUTELY GOTTA KNIT IT" list and I'd better live to be 179.5 years old to even make a dent.

brendajos
09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
bah! knitty is blocked at work... it must be the yarn pr*n that causes it... much too sultry.

sadly though i find that i usually like the editions that everybody poo poos and not so much the ones that people gush over. This doesn't bode well for what i am seeing here...lol

(though i love malabrigo and i love hats... that could be good news!)

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-13-2007, 03:50 PM
You just made my day!!!

Eloewien
09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
And I can't check it out till I go on break... it's blocked from my desk :(

Jess_knit
09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks!

Nice stuff in there...I'm adding Cherie Amour to my MUST KNIT NOW list. I love lacy shirts like that.

PurlyGyrl
09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey, Yarnia. Nice avatar! :passedout:

This is my computer wallpaper

kemp
09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
I didn't even get the email from them yet, but randomly checked the site and it is up.

http://www.knitty.com

Jan in CA
09-13-2007, 04:15 PM
:teehee: Already a thread up about it. ;)

kemp
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
:oops:Whoops! I looked but didn't see it.

mom232
09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I didn't see it either. Thanks for posting.

Cookie222
09-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Hmm, well, I definantly love Cherie Amour. I probably would knit it in a solid color, though. Roam is nice, but I wouldn't have the patience to knit something like that. I like Percy, but I like my purses to be big enough to tote around a bottle of water with me. I definantly must knit myself one of those woodkins. They are so cute!

So to sum this up, I'm pretty happy with this issue. :thumbsup:

ChristinaKnits
09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I LOVE this issue!! Usually, it's stuff I wouldn't knit, or can't (lack of skill..lol)...but yay for sweaters! Bigger sizes too...lots of Christmas ideas...I love Percy too!

jeanius80
09-13-2007, 05:30 PM
i like roam... but no way i can afford to knit a hoodie with 8 or 9 hanks of Big Sea =$315 sweater... umm probably not evah! :pout:

i like muir too.. i have a 4 ounce ball of black zephyr .. hmmm

mr. greenjeans

and i am going to have to try cinderella just cause of the striaghts factor.. so cool :)

JamOKnit
09-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I absolutely LOVE Cherie Amour....if only I didn't have to start on all those Xmas gifts and could knit it for myself.... LOL

dustinac
09-13-2007, 07:11 PM
:happydance:Good Issue!! I like Roam, Mr. Greenjeans, cherie, muir, and totally autumn...

I might try the Cinderella socks too but in a different yarn or something...:teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I like cherie amour, too!!! however, as the editors/authors of big girl knits, they should KNOW that such a gigantic gauge is going to make us big girls look.. uhm.. BIGGER! :tap: I can just see the tunic-like bottom cupping my *** cheeks now... :ick:

i love Mr green jeans, tussiemussie, the foilage hats, Q (even though i'll never make them), and woodins. I like Roam too, but zippers scare me

Boxed? :ick: :zombie: :ick:

ChristinaKnits
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
LOLOL....I just love the way you word stuff...hehe...but I agree, not to mention the shaping around my tummy would make me look like I was preggers all over again *sigh*

bobi1218
09-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Cherie Amour is probably the prettiest thing I've seen in a long while! I'm actually contemplating using my paypal to buy the yarn... Mr. Greenjeans is pretty cool too :)

cinnamon_girl
09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I want to do Mr. Greenjeans!! I love that yarn, :heart: the color is so pretty. Definitely going on my list.
Wonder how much $$ the yarn is?

Chrissie
09-13-2007, 10:13 PM
I looked up the Mr.Greenjeans yarn, and it goes for about $16 a hank. Not too bad, considering only 3-5 hanks for the sweater.

SusanMarie1956
09-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Suzeeq!

That Totally Autumn is just beautiful!!! :inlove:

It's being copied right now! AS soon as I get get the right yarn, I'm planing on making it! ( And a dozen othe things. :wink: )

Thanks Again!

Susan :knitting:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Do I hear a mr greenjeans KAL coming???? :cheering:

mrslevite
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM
LOL!!! That was my reaction exactly when I saw it! Definitely not designed for my body type! :roll:

mwedzi
09-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I like cherie amour, too!!! however, as the editors/authors of big girl knits, they should KNOW that such a gigantic gauge is going to make us big girls look.. uhm.. BIGGER! :tap: I can just see the tunic-like bottom cupping my *** cheeks now... :ick:

i love Mr green jeans, tussiemussie, the foilage hats, Q (even though i'll never make them), and woodins. I like Roam too, but zippers scare me

re: cherie amour, what did i tell you all about the booty hatred?! quit hating on the booty! ain't nothing wrong with good cuppage. it's my favorite. if i knit anything it will be this or neiman. but it's unlikely i'll knit anything from this issue.

re:Boxed
LOL!!! That was my reaction exactly when I saw it! Definitely not designed for my body type! :roll:Whose body type does it flatter, I wonder? I think it's because it's the companion knit to the article on how you really can spin enough yarn for a sweater. Funny, but it's almost like the half sweater that was made went to show she couldn't quite spin enough for a whole sweater.

brendajos
09-13-2007, 11:27 PM
well i thought that Totally Autumn was pretty but I don't see myself making it really. I did like the malabrigo hats :)

suzeeq
09-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, my thought on Boxed was that you could make it about 5 inches longer and it would be okay.

cando
09-14-2007, 12:54 AM
This issue is nice, several I like - Muir, Henry (love the woven look), Roam, Totally Autumn, the malabrigo hat. I like Mr.Greenjeans, but don't like how the cables pull at the waist like ribbing does.
Boxed is.. well, boxed.

AnotherBecca
09-14-2007, 03:12 AM
Yay! I was at work when I got the e-mail and "arts & entertainment" sites are blocked. So I just now got a chance to look!
Adding to the wish-to-knit list (which is getting so long, I'll actually have to write it down!):
Henry
Cherie Amour
Foliage
Flower Power (I love silly baby hats!)

I like the others too... I just need to start being more realistic about my wish-to-knit list!

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Hey, Yarnia. Nice avatar! :passedout:

This is my computer wallpaper

Oh My Goodness. I need a link to that wallpaper, like yesterday. :inlove:

knitncook
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
I am short and boxy enough that I dn't need anything accentuating my shortness and boxiness. Boxed definitely could be lengthened a few inches to fa much cuter look. To be honest it looks like the sweater shrunk upwards or that the designer knit from the top down and ran out of yarn so quit.

I do love the foliage hats and will definitely knit those up. Mr. Greenjeans is a possibility as well. I like roam, but will definitely have to do some major yarn substitution.

Although the piece that I like best isn't a pattern, it's the hat that Rosemary (Romi) is wearing in her Muir bio. That is a smart looking hat. I love knitting hats! Now where to find the hat!

mrslevite
09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
. To be honest it looks like the sweater shrunk upwards or that the designer knit from the top down and ran out of yarn so quit. That's what I'm thinking!

Although the piece that I like best isn't a pattern, it's the hat that Rosemary (Romi) is wearing in her Muir bio. That is a smart looking hat. I love knitting hats! Now where to find the hat!
I've seen that pattern - or one very much like it - somewhere. I'll keep an eye out for it again. :)

Jan in CA
09-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Boxed definitely could be lengthened a few inches to fa much cuter look. To be honest it looks like the sweater shrunk upwards or that the designer knit from the top down and ran out of yarn so quit.

Agreed. I also don't like the way the line hits her across the boobs. That could be adjusted and the whole thing made longer and it would probably look fine.

PaperGirl
09-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Im actually thinking about casting on the Urchin Hat.

Not sure though,,,

RachelG
09-14-2007, 01:51 PM
I love Cherie Amour!!!

Me too, that's hands down my fav of the entire issue!

knotmaker
09-14-2007, 01:59 PM
I am going to do the Henry scarf for DH ... and he liked when he saw it.

Looks like one more trip to the LYS ...

suzeeq
09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Funny thing about the Urchin hat... just before the new issue was up, I followed a link to a garter hat with short rows that looks pretty much like it only smoother, thinner yarn. It was the zeebee beanie, posted in this thread - http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=65004

lauraknits
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Henry looks awesome!!! I am in the middle of a scarf for DH and I am kicking myself for starting one before seeing this!! I am halfway through so I'll finish the one I'm doing, but after I knit him a Henry I am sure it's the only one he'll wear!!

knitting4babybear
09-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I love almost everything. I'm always underwhelmed by lace (although there's no denying the beauty of totally autumn), but the rest of causes a severe case of pattern lust.

I must do a serious research mission into Neiman. Exquisite. Mr Greenjeans is nice too. I'd want it with a different neckline though -- a mandarin collar with one of those cables going around the top of the neck horizontally would be perfect. I have no idea how one would do it, but I bet it'd be pretty.

geekgolightly
09-18-2007, 02:10 PM
I just saw it. I don't know if I'm way late or the first one to make a thread about it, but here it is.

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/index.html

jennylozano
09-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I received the link by email last week! I think I will be knitting the Cinderella socks. They look great and must be super warm! Hope they turn out ok being knitted using 2 straight neddles :) But thanks for bringing it here!!!

Waenara
09-18-2007, 03:54 PM
So many things to add to my to-do list! I love Neiman, Henry, Tussie Mussie, and Mr Greenjeans.

I must do a serious research mission into Neiman. Exquisite.Definitely. From a quick look at a few websites, it looks like the yarn would cost about $160 to make it in my size . :nails:

But, I've been losing weight recently and plan to lose more. So maybe I'll use the sweater as a reward for myself, and also if I hold off on making it then maybe I'll need less yarn. :teehee:

mrslevite
09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
So many things to add to my to-do list! I love Neiman, Henry, Tussie Mussie, and Mr Greenjeans.

Definitely. From a quick look at a few websites, it looks like the yarn would cost about $160 to make it in my size . :nails:

But, I've been losing weight recently and plan to lose more. So maybe I'll use the sweater as a reward for myself, and also if I hold off on making it then maybe I'll need less yarn. :teehee:LOL!!! That's what I've been thinking, too. But I'm not sure it's possible for me to lose that much weight! :roll:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, when you guys make neiman, please remember to wear a bra or cami underneath it so you're nips aren't on display like the model's.

Re: Cheri Amour... i wonder if a 1x1 rib might look okay instead of the 2x2. It would pull in less.... and casting on with a larger size needle and using that for a few rounds might help ease the butt-cuppage.

I checked out the miss priss yarn (for mr greenjeans) on yarndex, here is the page (http://yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=2945). To me, it looks like there's a lot more BLUE in the colorway than green. (greenjeans is on pg. 3 of the pictures). I like Frida Kahlo and Emily Dicckenson better. I thought that SWTC karaoke might work, but I think it's too thin; 5 sts per inch on sz 7s. :shrug:

VictoiseC
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I am so in love with that Urchin Hat!!!
I tried to cast on last night but was too tired to sit in front of the computer (no printer)
Thanks Hildie!

VictoiseC
09-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, when you guys make neiman, please remember to wear a bra or cami underneath it so you're nips aren't on display like the model's.

You must have Xray eyes.... I can't find those!!!!

GiddyKnitter
09-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I have already printed off 2 patterns from Knitty.com....Just need the time to knit them!!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-20-2007, 09:11 PM
You must have Xray eyes.... I can't find those!!!!

ahh... look again!

suzeeq
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey, it was cold out there on that dock!

VictoiseC
09-21-2007, 12:37 PM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:you are too amazing Hildie