PDA

View Full Version : Response from KP re solid wood needles

losnana
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I emailed and asked KP about the possibility of solids-colored ones. I got this response today. At least they didn't laugh and say "Forget it!!"

Dear Julianne,
I have forwarded your request to the design team.
Georgianna
Customer Service
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:16 PM
To: KP Filtered Mail
Subject: Harmony needles

Several people at KnittingHelp.com have expressed a preference for solid wood-colored needles, rather than the colored ones you just came out with.
Any plans for those in the future? Especially the interchangeables?

Y'all are such a great place to deal with, and I just adore my Options.
Thanks for your time.

Lady Violet
09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
whenever i get a response like that, a real one is always soon to follow. :)

Jan in CA
09-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm guessing if they do it it'll be awhile since these just came out. They'll probably have to see what other kind of response they get.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-13-2007, 08:46 PM
out of curiosity, why would one prefer solid wooden ones as opposed to the marble? (i don't have an opinion myself).

Julie
09-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Personally, I don't like rainbow-colored anything. That's the #1 reason I wouldn't buy those needles. :shrug:

dakatzmeow
09-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Georgianna was the one who responded to my plea for help with a pattern. I knew what I was seeing was surely a mistake and I was right. She forwarded my concern to the powers the be, and the pattern ended up being completely rewritten due to the error.

losnana
09-13-2007, 10:37 PM
out of curiosity, why would one prefer solid wooden ones as opposed to the marble? (i don't have an opinion myself).

Someone felt that the swirls would be too much of a good thing , especially with variegated yarn. Several others just love natural wooden needles.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
OH yes that's makes sense. didn't occur to me that it wouldn't go with multi-colored yarn :doh:

ArtLady1981
09-15-2007, 02:42 AM
I emailed and asked KP about the possibility of solids-colored ones. I got this response today. At least they didn't laugh and say "Forget it!!"

Dear Julianne,
I have forwarded your request to the design team.
Georgianna
Customer Service
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:16 PM
To: KP Filtered Mail
Subject: Harmony needles

Several people at KnittingHelp.com have expressed a preference for solid wood-colored needles, rather than the colored ones you just came out with.
Any plans for those in the future? Especially the interchangeables?

Y'all are such a great place to deal with, and I just adore my Options.
Thanks for your time.

Hi! I sent them a similar email a few days ago...and got the same return response from Georgianna!

Let's all keep pestering them!

Just remember: The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease!

ArtLady1981
09-15-2007, 02:45 AM

Well, solid wood (or even swirled natural wood tones) seem like to be easier on the eye. I think I could get nauseous looking at the Rainbow Swirl for hours and hours and days and days. Maybe if I knitted with solid whites, creams, beiges, greys, blacks all the time...the Rainbow Swirl would be delightful. But I don't.

syndactylus
09-16-2007, 02:59 AM
No purple.
No yellow.
No clowns!

(If knitpicks suddenly came out with new nonpurple cables, I would probably even buy a new set if that was the only way to get them.)

ArtLady1981
09-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Here is a photo I sent to the KnitPicks people. THIS type of wood tips is what I want them to offer in addition to the Rainbow Harmonys. Pullllease...save me from the Grafton Fibers folks, I told KnitPicks! Their circs are not cheap. Not at all. :pout:

This size US7 set of Grafton Fibres circs have a very very smooth join, although the photo from Emtnstr's Ebay shop does not appear that way. You cannot feel where the cord ends and the wood begins! Very smooth glasslike finish...just like folks say about Harmonys. I have the Graftons hanging around my neck right now...just waiting to get to work on a Column of Leaves scarf I started this afternoon. Hanging them around the neck for a while warms up and relaxes the cord.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/GraftonFibersCircs.jpg

BostonBecca
09-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Those are beautiful Artlady, and exactly what I want from KP. I too think the swirly colors would make me a little dizzy and possibly nauseous. I have a sensitive stomach and swirlies make it worse.