PDA

View Full Version : Braggin on my hubby!

rissa
09-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Ok ladies, I have to do a little bragging and perhaps give you all a little comic relief.

My husband has been drawing cartoons since before I met him and is quite the creative artist. He has drawn a cartoon for today and it is up on his blog. So entirely proud of him and his work, I can't express it, lol! He hopes to some day be able to support the family with his art.

Anyway, quick disclaimer. He knows full well that not all knitters are grannies. He has all the evidence he needs to support this fact right in his living room, lol! :roflhard:

Here (http://nergon.com/2007/09/14/yarntard/) ya go and have a great day ladies and gents!!

quiltbugj
09-14-2007, 11:42 AM
2 Qt !!!

Arielluria
09-14-2007, 11:44 AM
:muah:That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I left a comment! Loooooved it!

Then I read and left a comment on the Star Trek TOS disk set post..........maybe he can do something with ST and knitting...........I can see it now, Kirk goes back to the future and finds Picard knitting..........so Kirk phasers him out of existence............:roflhard:

(Welcome to my twisted world!!!!!!!)

Arielluria
09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
What are the rules regarding linking to this comic? I'd like to put it on my knitting blog: Luknits (http://luknits.blogspot.com) with a link back to his site. I'm afraid to without permission though ;).

Sharly
09-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow! He's a very talented cartoonist!! Wish I knew some other knitters personally, so I could use the word "yarntard'!! :lol:

rissa
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Lu, you know what, I have no idea what the rules are. I know he'd love it, but can't give details yet. I'll get back to ya on it :D.

Nice cartoon idea too ;)

mrslevite
09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
What are the rules regarding linking to this comic? I'd like to put it on my knitting blog: Luknits (http://luknits.blogspot.com) with a link back to his site. I'm afraid to without permission though ;).I was thinking the same thing. I don't get a lot of traffic on my blog, but with a link to his site, it could direct a hit or two his way.

Jan in CA
09-14-2007, 11:56 AM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Love it! He's very talented! I'd read those kind of comics everyday!

Arielluria
09-14-2007, 11:57 AM
I haven't had a chance to see too much more of his site, does he do a lot of knitting stuff? I thought the flaming knitter (especially a granny one) was a riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samsam
09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
:roflhard:

I :heart: it!

rissa
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
This is actually his first knitting cartoon. His current main theme is an alien reporter/researcher named Nergon who lives with this computer geek. Lately, hubby has been drawing 24 cartoons on the tv show 24, mixed in with World of Warcraft cartoons and really anything that comes to mind. He has also posted some cartoons that he drew for our sunday school class this summer. A little this a little that really.

He's got a new idea mulling around in his head and he hasn't divulged any of it to me yet, other than the fact that he's working on something new and doesn't want to show me anything yet cause its still in its bare bones state. Can't wait to see what it is!

Update on linking to his site, here is what he has to say...

I guess tell them I don’t really have any rules for linking. Feel free to link. As much or as little as you want. Link link link. Love the links. J

Arielluria
09-14-2007, 12:19 PM
He's VERY talented. I love the facial expressions, and it's a crisp, well-drawn cartoon - pleasing to the eye. There are some which I like because they are clever (such as Mother Goose & Grimm) but the art leaves much to be desired. So when I find one that is well-drawn AND clever (like Opus) I love it TWICE as much!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woot:

debinoz
09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
I loved it! I really did need a laugh this morning. Thank him for me. I did have trouble with the pwned thing. My DS says it all the time, but I've never seen it spelled. I figured it had 2 o's not a w. Learn something new every day!

knitncook
09-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Yarntard!! Bwahahahahaha!! Notice that was not knittinghelp.com but some other lame knitting site. The people here at KH would never call anyone a Yarntard (unless they deserved it obviously!):roflhard: That was hilarious! I'm going to go link to it from my blog (to his, not copy!)

scout52
09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
YARNTARD!!!!:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhar d::roflhard: OMG I soooo need that today thank you sooo much for sharing that!!! Please have him do more knitting hard a$$ granny and link them to us.

Silver
09-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Yarntard is my new favorite word!!!! :cheering:

"Pattern pwned" *SNORT* :roflhard:

(I'll try NOT to use those while teaching knitting though.)

dagny
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
He did it for the LULZ! That was great!

Arielluria
09-14-2007, 04:27 PM
"Pattern pwned" *SNORT* :roflhard:OK.........someone tell a newbie what is 'pwned'??????????
:whoosh:

Sharly
09-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks so much for asking that!!:)

rissa
09-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Pwned, pwnage, pwning....all gamer talk really for "you really got creamed!"

So...you could take it as "Pattern pwned" = that pattern kicked your hiney"

Or....you could take it as "Pattern pwned" - granny kicked yer hiney via the forum

I can't count the times I've been "pattern pwned" lol!:roflhard:

SabrinaJL
09-14-2007, 05:11 PM
OMG! That's hilarious! :roflhard: I am SOOO going to have to figure out a way to work "yarntard" into my vocabulary.

mrslevite
09-14-2007, 05:12 PM
OK.........someone tell a newbie what is 'pwned'??????????
:whoosh:I googled it (as I do everything :roll:) and got this wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn

Arielluria
09-14-2007, 05:14 PM
:eyes:I get it..........as a relative newbie I'm OFTEN pwned by the pattern

rissa
09-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I have to say, I love her username "knitsngiggles" lol...totally fits her. :happydance:

Arielluria
09-14-2007, 05:38 PM
:waving:As long as I'm showing my ignorance.........guess I'm a total yarntard!!!!!!!!!!!! What does "frog it back FTW" mean???????
:whoosh:

rissa
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Frog it back is our own knitting term for ripping out stitches because of a mistake. FTW is for the win. A term gamers say quite a bit.

You could say Clapotis FTW! to express excitement and appreciation for Clapotis.

You could also say FTL when you either don't like something. Say you hate fair isle..you could say Fair Isle FTL!

Silver
09-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Now, seeing as I've been online since my first born was in diapers :zombie:, I've seen/heard "owned" and "pwned" used more times than I care to mention. But since my son (almost 16 yrs old) is an avid World of Warcrafter, he says pwned/owned ALL the time. :roll: But you should have seen the look he gave me when I used "owned" in a sentence, in a very normal and serious manner. You'd have thought I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

You know how grown ups freak out when kids say the F word? That's how kids feel when we say the "O" word (or heaven forbid, the "P" word)! :roflhard:

Knitting_Guy
09-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Cute cartoon. I agree with the others, he's quite talented. This from a yarntard who can't even draw a straight line. :rofl:

rissa
09-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks so much for all of your replies! DH really appreciated all your kind words. :woohoo:You guys are the greatest! :muah:

Arielluria
05-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey, I was just searching for the site to share the Yarntard cartoons with some friends and hoping to RSS subscribe to it, now that I'm using an RSS reader to keep up with my favorite blogs, but I got an error. Has your hubby's page moved? I hope he's still doing the cartoons, he is very talented!

Christinechrstms1
05-09-2012, 12:20 AM
I clicked but a page comes up stating "safari can't find server"
Maybe I will try using firefox

Jan in CA
05-09-2012, 12:48 AM
This thread, and that page, are 5 yrs old. The member is no longer active so I don't think you'll be able to see it.