PDA

View Full Version : What to get at LYS - I had a blast!

dagny
09-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm going to my LYS in a couple of hours for the first time. I didn't even know that there was one nearby because we just moved to this area.

What should I get?? I have lots of cotton DK weight stuff for my baby projects. I don't have much else. Inspire me!

mrslevite
09-14-2007, 03:42 PM
I always go to the sock yarn first - and try not to drool on it. I don't know why. I've only knitted 2 pairs of socks. And I have only bought the yarn for one more pair. But I just love the stuff!

I think I probably go there first 'cause I know I can't get sock yarn anywhere else. I can go to Michael's, JoAnn's, or ACMoore and get worsted weight or bulky or fingering, but not the beautiful sock yarns.

psammeadred
09-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Check out the laceweight and feltable wool! And...everything else too.

dagny
09-14-2007, 11:08 PM
I had so much fun. They had a pretty cool selection but I felt kind of lost because I didn't really have any specific project in mind. I got Baby Twist by Alpaca With a Twist. Soft soft soft! And I got Berroco Ultra Alpaca in two colors, it is very pretty.

And I picked up Alpaca Delight Mini Laceweight. I have no idea what I will do with it. I couldn't pass it up after I picked it up and looked at it. The color Wild Cherry is just gorgeous and it feels really luxurious.

Hey maybe I can make some cool Christmas presents for my mom and mother in law with this stuff!