PDA

View Full Version : Noro sock?? Search help??

Carla1019
09-16-2007, 09:49 PM
2 question.

Can you or would you use Noro for socks? The one that I have is not very soft, but I love the color. "silk Garden" 45% silk 45% kid mohair and 10% lamb wools.

When you do a search, is there a way to see the PAGE the answer might be on without having to look at all the pages?
When I do a search not knowing what Forum it might be under, I will look under all of them. When a thread has 3 page it will list all three. If it under a Blog, some Blog have 500 pages.. How do you just go to the page?

Sajomaro
09-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Don't know about the Noro for socks. I'm not familiar with that yarn.

For searches -

Do an Advanced Search. Click on the Search link at the top of the page. At the bottom of the box that pops up is a link. Click on it. It will take you to new page. This page has a whole bunch of options for searching. At the very bottom is an area that says "Show Results as" with the option to choose between Threads or Posts. Select Posts. Make sure you fill out the "Search for Key Word" box at the top and Hit the "Search Now" button and the results will show the actual post the item your looking for is mentioned.

Just discovered this feature yesterday.:)

Nobones
09-17-2007, 06:10 AM
I have a pattern for 'Noro' socks' pm me and I'll send it to you. It's lovely.

Nobones
09-17-2007, 01:10 PM
If ANYONE wants this pattern, pm me your email address and I will email it to you. There really are lovely looking socks that I think will be nice and snug.

So come ladies (sorry and gents) don't be shy, this sock pattern could winging it's way to your inbox!

Queen of Rust
09-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I would opt for a stronger yarn for socks myself but they would make lovely snuggling with a WIP-cuddling on a cold winter night-house socks. Silk Garden tends to be a weak yarn in general and isn't very hard wearing so I would suspect they would wear out quickly.

How about fingerless mitts. Or if you're into it, leg warmers?

Carla1019
09-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Queen, I was working on some sock yesterday and when I pull on the yarn to get it out of the hole it broke. and after reading what you said.. I think I will make gloves.

Nobones, I do have some yarn wating for me to make them into sock.. So I can't wait to get your pattern.

Carla1019
09-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Jodi Thanks you for the Search tips.. have help me so much.