PDA

View Full Version : Pomatomus Yarn Question

cara
09-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has knit Pomatomus out of Fleece Artist Merino sock yarn?
The pattern calls for 2.75mm needles on the Shelridge Farm sock yarn. hmmm.... I have knit on 2.5mm with Fleece Artist and it is a good guage. I can't imagine socks on 2.75 unless I was a REALLY tight knitter... Is this sock supposed to be a bit looser? or does the pattern tighten up the fabric a lot?
I was actually considering using 2.25 needles for it since it is 72 stitches and I am used to making socks on 64... hmmm..

Help! :) (and thanks in advance)

cara
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
okay.. so maybe if I rephrase this.....

how many of you used the 2.75mm (sz 2) needles as specified in the pattern and what was your outcome? I have read that some find this pattern fits big...

what have other peoples experiences been with the same or different needle sizes?

Momto G B and H
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I'd use the needles that give you the gauge that the pattern lists.
I'm dilligently trying to work on swatching, and finding my "perfect sock" numbers. It's taking a lot of trial and error.
I'm generally a tight knitter and have to go up a size over what others knit on. But everyone is different. There's really no way around the swatching phase.