PDA

View Full Version : Knitting In Denver

Knitting_Guy
09-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Been sitting in a truckstop in Denver since yesterday afternoon. I'm picking up a good paying oversized load to Miami tomorrow so have some time to kill here yet.

Knitting time!!!!:cheering:

It's times like this when I have a lot of extra time on my hands that I am really glad I took up knitting. It's far better to just relax with some knitting than to stew over the fact that I am sitting around bored.

I should be able to make some more decent progress on the scarf today. :mrgreen:

Jan in CA
09-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Cool! I saw the scarf progress in another post. How long are you going to make it? Looks like it's almost done!

And what's next?

Knitting_Guy
09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
The scarf should be about 6' long when finished. No idea what's next yet. I have a couple of ideas but still have about 3 or 4 feet of scarf left to do yet.

Just got a call that the load to Miami fell through so now I will be loading about 30 miles North of Denver this afternoon heading for TX.

Ah well, such is trucking.

Sharly
09-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Mason, I know what you mean about knitting making waiting time easier to accept. Hubby and I ride to work together and yesterday he had to work about 45 minutes late, so I was stranded. I normally would have been ill about that, but I had my knitting and used the time to finish up a scarf which was presented today as a birthday gift!

It makes me think of Brad Paisley's song "Time Well Wasted" :)

Knitting_Guy
09-18-2007, 03:53 PM
It makes me think of Brad Paisley's song "Time Well Wasted" :)

Seems about right, all the time I spend working instead of knitting would fit that description. :rofl:

Knitting_Guy
09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm still knitting instead of loading. There seems to be some confusion about when this is supposed to load. I was told after 2:00 this afternoon but when I called the guy he said it is supposed to be tomorrow afternoon.

At this point I just called dispatch and told them to figure it out and let me know. I'll knit until I know whether, as The Clash put it, Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

chillawilla
09-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I too have knit in Denver. It's a Knitter Friendly place.:cool: The airport is a lovely spot and you can count on making a couple new friends the minute the needles come out.

The wait staff at the Hard Rock Cafe are yarn-tolerant too.:teehee:

Enjoy your stay a mile up!

Should you get a chance to wander up into Boulder during daylight hours, visit http://www.shuttlesspindlesandskeins.com/ at the Table Mesa Shopping Center. Instant yarn-nirvana at the insane amount of yarn in that store. It's pure bliss.:inlove: