PDA

View Full Version : Any North Texas knitters out there?

cdjack
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
I can't be all alone up here (or down here). Isn't there anybody on here from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?

Doublereeder2
09-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Yep -Richardson, Tx here.

PaperGirl
09-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Waco!

And I must say, I ADORE your icon.

cdjack
09-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Adam Everett, hmm...
I hope that he gets to play in St. Louis or Cincy.
I'm a Brad Ausmus girl. :heart:
Anyway, my husband's family all live in Waco.
No any Felton's?
I live in the country not to far from Frisco, Texas.

PaperGirl
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
My 6 year old LOVES Brad Ausmus. :heart:

Ive only been here since 2006...DH *might* know them..

toomuch
09-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Hello, I'm in the Denton area too. Just joined this board tonight. I've crocheted for years and now I want to learn to knit. A while back I bought a book and learned how to cast on and do some knit and purl. Need to get that book out again and get serious about it.

amishgirl281
09-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm from there! Actualy, more around the carrollton area. But still. You get the idea.

Doublereeder2
09-20-2007, 09:31 AM
cdjack-
Have you been to the Woolie Ewe (http://www.woolieewe.com/default.asp)yet? It is a wonderul yarn shop in Plano.
And up your way is Leef Blumenstiel (http://www.appleleeffarm.com/index.html) - owner of Apple Leef Farms. She has a lovely shop that covers many of the fiber arts - including spinning and weaving. It is well worth the trip to see her.

cdjack
09-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh, that little farm looks so inviting. I've always wanted to watch someone spin yarn.
And I have been to The Woolie Ewe once.
I'd love to go back. I had just learned to knit when I popped in there and I was so overwhelmed by the selection and underwhelmed by my knitting skills.

Hey "too much": I live about 12 miles east of Denton. Maybe we could get together. I made a poncho last year and I never finished it because it calls for rows of crochet on the edges. I don't know what it is, but I cannot understand crochet. :??

toomuch
09-20-2007, 09:29 PM
I can help with that. I live in Argyle and I know where Crossroads is. Maybe we can meet somewhere in Denton.
Julie

cdjack
09-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Sounds good, Julie. PM me some time.
We could meet in Denton.

Courtney

volleyskcat
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi,

I am in the Plano area. Learned to knit about 6 months ago and love it.

KnittinMitchie
10-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I live out in Abilene. I wish i had a LYS other than the big chain stores. DFW is a 3 hr drive for me so I make do with Knit Picks and the chain stores

marls
10-14-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm new to this site and new to knitting and looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

~Marla:woot:

Secksiebrat
10-14-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm in Jefferson, Tx. That's north EAST texas.. does that count? LOL. I'm about 3 hours east of dallas!

~danielle~

cdjack
10-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Is Jefferson anywhere near Canton? I've always wanted to go to that trade days thing they have out there. My dh doesn't sound very excited about though...

Doublereeder2
10-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi,

I am in the Plano area. Learned to knit about 6 months ago and love it.

Have you been to the Woolie Ewe yet? I :heart: that shop. They have an amazing selection (can be overwhelming at first) and are a group of lovely and helpful people.

Secksiebrat
10-15-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm about 2 hours east of canton. We went there this month actually. It was huge! I'd like to go again, but this time leave my son at home with his daddy :)

~danielle~

volleyskcat
10-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Yes, I have been to the Woolie Ewe. I actually took the Beginning and Intermediate Knitting classes there. I haven't been in a while though. Trying to resist the urge to buy more yarn....

KnittingNana
11-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi Christine,

I'm an hour NE of Abilene, so I come to town every so often to shop. My husband works out of state alot, so any time I go see him, I'm always looking for "real" knitting shops. When I do end up in the DFW area, I always forget about the little shop in Bedford. I wish someone would put a knitting store in Abilene!

Blessings,
~KnittingNana~

yarnwrangler
12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I am new to this forum. I live near Denton about to move to Decatur. Kinda new to knitting. Trying to knit everything so I can be a better knitter!!! I have been using this site for the videos and such and decided to join so I posted all my questions today that I have been saving up. I don't know anyone who knits.

cdjack
12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi there!

I live about 15 miles east of Denton. I've been knitting for about three years. Everyone here is very helpful.

Happy Knitting!

CDKnittingMama
01-07-2008, 11:25 AM
I live in Grand Prairie, smack in the middle of Dallas and Ft Worth on I 30.

Ive been knitting for about 1 year. :)

cdjack
01-24-2008, 09:59 PM
If any of you are ever near Celina (north of Frisco), you must visit Delightful Hands. It is a very cute yarn/scrapbooking shop in downtown Celina. The owner is so helpful, you will feel at home right away.

kristaj
06-26-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm almost as far North Texas as you can get except for the Panhandle. I'm in Wichita Falls, and I am in total agreement with the people from around Abiline. I would give my first born child :teehee: for a LYS here. I have to use the internet almost exclusively. Chain stores just don't quite cut it. I will be in Lewisville in two weeks for my brother's wedding how far away is that from the yarn shops that have been mentioned? I love this site, it's wonderful to "talk" to other knitters.

toomuch
06-26-2008, 06:35 AM
The only one I can think of that's close to Lewisville is the Woolie Ewe in Plano. It would be well worth the extra time to go there.

Slim
06-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi, all. I'm in Fort Worth. A lot of new N. Texas knitters out there! Definitely try to make the trip to the Woolie Ewe when you're in Lewisville -- it's not far. It's well worth the effort! Another good shop in the north Dallas area is Yarn & Stitches at Coit & Arapaho.
In the Fort Worth area I like Jennings Street Yarns, The Knitting Nook in N. Richland Hills, and Simpatico in Bedford.

cdjack
06-30-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm not a fan of the Woolie Ewe. It's a bit far from Lewisville, but the Shabby Sheep in Dallas is lovely. Oh, and Delightful Hands in downtown Celina is wonderful, as well. Celina is about 10 miles north of Frisco off of Preston Rd. And, Sherry ,the owner, has Malabrigo!

remclave
06-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm almost as far North Texas as you can get except for the Panhandle. I'm in Wichita Falls, and I am in total agreement with the people from around Abiline. I would give my first born child :teehee: for a LYS here. I have to use the internet almost exclusively. Chain stores just don't quite cut it. I will be in Lewisville in two weeks for my brother's wedding how far away is that from the yarn shops that have been mentioned? I love this site, it's wonderful to "talk" to other knitters.I feel for you. I was in WF in 1980, then from 1984 through 1994. The place definitely felt small even though it's spread out.

ktd205
07-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm in Dallas... East Dallas to be exact. New to knitting (about 4 months) and even newer to this forum.:)

jdee
07-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone. I'm in Paris, Tx. Ever heard of it?

nap
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm also in Fort Worth :) Hi Slim!

I'm not around much as I'm horribly busy with school but Iím happy to see all the new North Texas knitters and crocheters.

I was so sad to hear that Simpatico closed their doors! I have been Yearns Ewenique a few times and the wonderful Woolie Ewe when I'm on that side of town.

Doublereeder2
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey everyone. I'm in Paris, Tx. Ever heard of it?
Sure. I teach at TAMU Commerce - not too far from you :)

jdee
07-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Cool! I know where commerse is. Hello to you.:)

sgtpam
07-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm in Saginaw, Texas...that's the Fort Worth area.

I'm a 31-year Airman (not years old...but, years in!) I'm at NAS JRB Fort Worth Texas (formerly Carswell Air Force Base). I am in the Air Force Reserve and that is also my full-time job.

My first ever time to join and post on a forum was last week. I found this site and, thru it, found the HAP group and couldn't not join in. I've just started doing rectangles for them, not in time for this month's PTE...but, have 4 done for the next one.

I learned to knit as a kid, my Grandma taught me; but, I never kept it up or did anything with it. I picked it up again late last year when my niece was pregnant and I wanted to do a blanket. I did and she loves it. But, I'm still just a very basic knitter...still trying make my knitting more consistent while trying new (easy) stich patterns.

Just finished my first dishcloth and it turned out good. This site has already helped me A LOT! I'm excited !!!!!! and will be looking around for lots of tips!

jdee
07-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Hello, Sgtpam, and welcome. I know you'll love the forums. I recently joined HAP, too. It's such an honor to be a part of it.:muah:

XjsBellamias13
08-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello! I live around the Frisco area in Little Elm. I just started knitting like a few days ago but have not learned anything but casting on! Making a knit stitch is so hard and I haven't grasped it yet. Maybe we could do a north texas meetup sometime? That would be great : )

cdjack
08-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Really?!!! Little Elm?!!!! I live in Crossroads.
I've been knitting for about four years. There is a yarn store in Celina that has a knitting group that meets every week. PM me if you are interested.

KnittingNana
08-26-2008, 07:36 PM
.......I was so sad to hear that Simpatico closed their doors!

The shop in Bedford? I lived in Hurst for several years & rarely went in there. I was still a newbie at knitting back then though. I stopped by a few months ago & I thought they said they'd changed owners. I guess it didn't work out for them. That's too bad.

iteachdigital
01-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Just found this today and have knitting on my list of 43 things to do. I can cast on like no tomorrow.. but really need someone to just be the guide to help. I found the great videos on this site and have decided to start with continental. My goal is to be able to make nice scarves and blankets for family and friends. I live in Garland, TX.

tgriffin541
01-20-2009, 09:43 AM
I live in Lewisville but work in Richardson. There is a great group of knitters that meet at the library in Richardson on the first Saturday of the month at 2pm.

cdjack
01-20-2009, 10:27 AM
I live right north of Little Elm. There is a group of us that meets in Plano on Mondays and meets at Delightful Hands in Celina on Wednesdays. Delightful Hands is open til midnight the first friday of every month.

Doublereeder2
01-20-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm in Richardson, right near Garland and Plano... Drop me a line.

ENCROW
02-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Hello fellow North Texans!! I am in Arlington. I know absolutely nothing about knitting or crocheting. And I am wanting to learn how to knit! I have checked the Michaels stores in my area and have found no classes I was wondering if anyone here knows of anywhere I could find classes?? Crossed Fingers

tgriffin541
02-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Cdjack, what time do you meet in Plano?

cdjack
02-07-2009, 11:44 AM
We meet Mondays at 10 ish in the morning at a Starbuck's in Plano.
There are also some groups on Meetup.com that meet in the area.

PM me if you want more info. :)

tgriffin541
02-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Drats! I work so can't go during the day.

jennebersold
03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I live in Lewisville but work in Richardson. There is a great group of knitters that meet at the library in Richardson on the first Saturday of the month at 2pm.

I just moved to Lewisville myself and cannot find a yarn shop closer than Yarn & Stitches on Coit Rd. Any suggestions? Any knitting groups around these parts?

luvmykid28
03-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Hello fellow North Texans!! I am in Arlington. I know absolutely nothing about knitting or crocheting. And I am wanting to learn how to knit! I have checked the Michaels stores in my area and have found no classes I was wondering if anyone here knows of anywhere I could find classes?? Crossed Fingers

Would you be willing to drive to Irving? The lady that taught me to knit is great. If you PM me, I can give you her information.

luvmykid28
03-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I live in Irving and meet with a group form Ravelry. Our next meeting is Mar 22 @ 2PM. We meet at Starbucks off 114 and MacArthur next to Taco Diner. It's a small and fun group of girls. Here is the link to the Raverly thread. I hope some of you can come out. We also meet on Fridays. We plan our meet ups every month since everyone has a different schedule
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/texas-knitters--hookers/255930/151-175

tgriffin541
03-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Jennbersold, the yarn store I go to more frequently is the Woolie Ewe. It's in Plano. I like it better than Yarn & Stitches.

And there is a small group of us that meet at the Starbucks at Sandy Lake and I-35 on Thursday nights. We havn't met in awhile, but plan to tomorrow (March 12) around 6pm. Come if you can, it would be great to meet you.

jennebersold
03-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Jennbersold, the yarn store I go to more frequently is the Woolie Ewe. It's in Plano. I like it better than Yarn & Stitches.

And there is a small group of us that meet at the Starbucks at Sandy Lake and I-35 on Thursday nights. We havn't met in awhile, but plan to tomorrow (March 12) around 6pm. Come if you can, it would be great to meet you.

Thank you! I will have to check out the Woolie Ewe. I liked Yarn & Stitches ok, but they didnt have the selection I became spoiled with in Santa Fe. lol.

cdjack
03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I live about 15 miles east of Denton. I'm not a fan of the Woolie Ewe.
I shop and hang out at Delightful Hands in downtown Celina. The shop also has scrapbooking/card making supplies.
Oh, and the first Friday of the month the shop stays open until about midnight and is filled with knitters and scrapbookers.

jennebersold
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I shop and hang out at Delightful Hands in downtown Celina. The shop also has scrapbooking/card making supplies.
Oh, and the first Friday of the month the shop stays open until about midnight and is filled with knitters and scrapbookers.

I'm not familiar with the area at all. Is that far from lewisville?

cdjack
03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
It's about ten miles north of Frisco off of Preston Rd.
Or you can take the tollway there. The tollway ends a few miles away from Celina.

sblas
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi, I live in Coppell. I learned to crochet when I was young. I didn't learn to knit until I was an adult. I love it best, but do both, when
making items for charity. I love this website. It is a great place
for instruction, as well as meeting nice people.

Shirley

jennebersold
03-15-2009, 11:33 AM

Do you know if they are open on Saturday and Sunday? I couldnt find anything on thier website. I wish I had found this post earlier. I just missed the first friday of the month! ( c: Maybe April!

cdjack
03-15-2009, 10:53 PM
She is open on Saturday from 10-4. On Thursdays, she is open until eight.

victoryah
04-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Hello all my fellow texans!!!! And btw, I am an Adam Everett and a Hunter Pence fan... (and the other great players on the astros team, so sad they lost the opener).

I am from Ft Worth, lived all over the metroplex. Lived in houston area for a while. Lived all over the states, but no where is home outside of TEXAS!

I am near abilene, about once a year or so I get to the metroplex for a game and some shopping....

victoryah:muah:

KnittingNana
04-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Hello all my fellow texans!!!! .....

I am from Ft Worth, lived all over the metroplex. ......I am near abilene ......

victoryah:muah:

I'm from Ft Worth too, born & raised there. I'm about an hour away from Abilene & oh how I wish there was a yarn shop there! I don't buy the nicer yarns there, but I love the accessories & pattern books that can't be found in the larger craft stores.

Welcome to the group,

victoryah
04-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Ty for the welcome! I made my first knitted bootie last nite (monday nite). i was happy all the stitches were even and neat. i was surprised! hopefully i can transition easily to knitting from crochet!

i wish we had some better stuff here, too, but u live with what u got! i am gonna save up for when we make a trip to the metro so i can splurge!

for now it is practice practice practice.... no need for good yarn to do that!

:knitting:
victoryah (btw pronounced victoria)

KnittingNana
05-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Ty for the welcome! I made my first knitted bootie last nite (monday nite)....

i wish we had some better stuff here, too, but u live with what u got! i am gonna save up for when we make a trip to the metro so i can splurge!

victoryah (btw pronounced victoria)

Congratulations on the bootie!

I'm working on socks right now. I started one a couple of months ago & got as far as I could until our next Knitting & Crochet Guild meeting. Wouldn't you know, weather canceled it last month, so I went ahead & started the other sock. :happydance: Hopefully this Friday we won't be rained out!

Do ever go to the knitting group in Abilene? They meet on Sunday afternoons, so it's not possible for me to get there & back between church.

With the construction going on at the Abilene Hobby Lobby, maybe they'll have more yarn choices!

Slim
05-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Is anyone going to see the Yarn Harlot in Dallas tonight?

Secksiebrat
05-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I wish I was closer to Dallas so I could go see her! I hope some others are able to go. I'd love to hear about it!

~danielle~

TJKnit
06-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi there,
I just started knitting this past winter and haven't got up the nerve yet to make anything other than a scarf. But just finished my second scarf and am thinking it's time to start learning something new. Anyway, glad to see there are so many North Dallas knitters/crocheters out there! I'm sure I'll be back in here looking for help. For now, I'm just completely overwhelmed by all the choices of yarn, patterns, techniques. I feel like I just need someone to say, "Hey, knit this with this and see what happens." Anyone, anyone??

Cheers!
-tara

Picknitter
07-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm a knitter in Frisco. Cdjack and I get together regularly to knit in Plano on Monday's with a group at Starbucks and then again on Wednesdays with a different group at Delightful Hands. I :heart: Delightful Hands. Its such a warm atmosphere to knit in, the people are very friendly and helpful and it has beautiful yarns. Celina is a cute little farm town.

Always looking for other knitters in the area.

luvmykid28
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
We are a group that loves to play with yarn. Any level of knitters and crocheters are welcome. We occasionally work on charity projects, KALs and CALs. We love to laugh and share stories while playing with our yarn. If you need help with a project we will put our heads together and figure it out.

We meet on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month from 7-9pm at Googly Eyes Craft & Supplies. They are located at 1111 W. Airport Freeeway, Ste 151 Irving, TX 75062.

Jackie M.
01-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Hello from Springtown, TX about 20 miles NW of Ft.Worth. It's bitter cold here today with a high wind. Was snowing this morning.

mikayla0813
02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm almost as far North Texas as you can get except for the Panhandle. I'm in Wichita Falls

I live in Wichita Falls too! I just joined this site today and would love to meet you...I need all the knitting help I can get!

serene
03-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I can't be all alone up here (or down here). Isn't there anybody on here from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?

Hi! Does anyone know of a yarn shop in the Paris area?

mspwrz
03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I am new to this site and am looking to connect with knitters and crocheters in the area. I am interested in learning more as well as starting a charity knitting or crochet group. I am also interested in starting a program to teach young people to knit for relaxation and community service (like Warm Up America squares). I have only been knitting a few months and my skills are not that advanced BUT I am willing to use what I know to teach others. I have never been to a 'yarn shop' but I am happy with the things I have made and passed on to others all the same. I have been in Wichita Falls for about four years.

mspwrz
03-26-2010, 02:30 AM
I live in Wichita Falls too! I just joined this site today and would love to meet you...I need all the knitting help I can get!

I just joined recently and am interested in getting to know other knitters in Wichita Falls. I am a novice knitter but interested in doing some Charity knitting as well as learning more advanced things beyond the basics I have been doing. I have heard that there is a knitting group at the WFPL. I could call and find out if they still meet and send you details. I have never gone myself because I am such a novice.:knitting:

gerontologee
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Just found this today and have knitting on my list of 43 things to do. I can cast on like no tomorrow.. but really need someone to just be the guide to help. I found the great videos on this site and have decided to start with continental. My goal is to be able to make nice scarves and blankets for family and friends. I live in Garland, TX.

I am new here and I live in Garland as well! How exciting to know that I'm close to someone who is also struggling. Maybe we could meet somewhere sometime and see if we can help each other along.

kittykins
07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi everyone! I'm from Rockwall,(just NE of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area). I've been knitting on and off most of my life, but I'm new to KH and I'm really, really, REALLY new to the computer! Most of the time I'm fumbling around; clicking here, clicking there. I keep telling myself I'm learning something every day, but think it's in teeny tiny baby steps. Although I feel comfortable with my knitting, I've been somewhat hesitant to try new things....now with all the help and videos here I think, (no, I KNOW), I will begin to expand my skills. Just a note to all you new knitters out there: Don't give up! Keep at it! If I can learn how to use this computer, you sure as heck can learn how to knit!

Antares
12-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I see that there are a few people who live "near" or "around" Abilene. I'm S of Abilene and would love to get in touch with some local (or almost local) knitters/crocheters.

Smee
12-29-2010, 12:40 AM
I've been knitting now for almost 2 years after learning online, via this site in fact. I've been mainly knitting hats, scarves, and baby blankets, but am now venturing into the glove realm. Frustrating, but I know the end result will be worth it.

I am also joining a few of my coworkers this coming month and learning to crochet. I'm excited!

TexasRed830
01-01-2011, 01:40 PM
How do you feel about northeast Texas - I am about 40-45 miles North of Tyler in Alba - also works out to about 45 south of Greenville on 69.

I am a re-beginner - starting again after ~ 30 years hiatus. I can crochet fairly well. After a couple of scarves last year, I am trying to make a man's raglan sleeve sweater and feel fairly defeated by the pattern.

However, I keep trying. Contact me if you wish to make a drive to the country.

TexasRed830
01-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi

I travel to Lake Tahoe every October and there is a darling store call The Knitting Nest run by a great girl - Lauren Wayne. She has two e-mails
knittingnest@yahoo.com and tahoeknittingnest.com -
Her yarns are the most unique I have ever seen - some even hand painted.

If you contact her I bet she could fix you up with truly beautiful yarns

Hope this helps.

TexasRed830
01-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi Kittykins

I am in Alba (pop. 430) about 1 hr 15 min from Rockwall. Let me know if you want to exchange training - you may be my answer to my cardigan problems and I am will to trade computer how to!

Do you drive distances? If not I may be able to come to you.

Let me know.

kittykins
01-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi TexasRed!
Hey maybe we could help each other out:woot: !Ya gotta keep in mind I'm not an expert knitter. I knit some sweaters about a kazillion years ago...think some were even raglan. I really don't like getting out of my little comfort zone here. Lived in Houston for about 35 years and then moved to Rockwall about 2 years ago to be closer to my son and family. I would love if you could come here!! Could we exchange some PMs or emails?
Jeanie:hug:

TexasRed830
01-16-2011, 05:06 PM
You can e-mail me @texasred830@aol.com

I look forward to hearing from you and we'll figure out something:knitting:

Have a great day!

kittykins
02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Texasred
Did you get my email? Sent 2/21/11.
kittykins/Jeanie

shawick
04-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi,
I'm in Rosenberg (southwest of Houston).
Shari

NotreDameFan
04-27-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm in Spring, so we're not that far apart. I've been looking for someone to knit with...if you're in the area let me know and maybe we can meet up. There may be others around here who would like to meet also.

txnaggie
09-26-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm in Spring Branch area/Cypress area. I work in Cypress, but live in SPring Branch. I am almost done w/ my first project( scarf for my sister). I have a bunch of other projects I'm starting on as well, but finishing up the scarf first.

asunnydaygal
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Sounds good, Julie. PM me some time.
We could meet in Denton.

Courtney
Did you guys ever get together and do you still?

I'm in the Lewisville/Flower Mound/Corinth area.

asunnydaygal
11-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I've been knitting now for almost 2 years after learning online, via this site in fact. I've been mainly knitting hats, scarves, and baby blankets, but am now venturing into the glove realm. Frustrating, but I know the end result will be worth it.

I am also joining a few of my coworkers this coming month and learning to crochet. I'm excited!
Did you guys ever make or find a group in Denton/Lewisville/Flower Mound/Corinth area?