PDA

View Full Version : My Husband is TOOO Much!!!!

Arielluria
09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I gotta share my dear sweet hubby! On June 21st my mom had been visiting us (she lives an hour away in College Station, TX) for 3 weeks (a long visit by a mother in law for most husbands, I'm sure). That night I had to drive her to the emergency room with acute Pancreatitis. She was in hospital 5 days and it turned out she had a growth on her Pancreas which needed to be removed. It was finally done 2 months later (we had to get an expert and that took time). She was with us, and DH was a doll all around - even after 3 months living together........and we plan to build a larger home and move in together!

I took her home yesterday (9/17) and today I thought he was taking too long to get home, (he said he was stopping at Walmart to deposit his paycheck).......instead.........after about a 10-hour work day (hard work), he surprises me by driving alllllllllll the way to College Station and getting her. I just called his cell phone at 9 pm and SHE answered!!!!!!!

He's just the sweetest thing in the world. I can cite many more examples during our nearly 20 years of marriage.

People sometimes still think we are newlyweds. I firmly believe the best marriage is one where each one lives to serve the other.........and each one believe he/she got better than they deserve. I certainly did!!!!!!!

We have no children, but as Elkanah said to Hanah in the Bible (before she was able to have children - and wanted them very badly).........(1 Samuel 1:8 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=1Sa&chapter=1&version=NASB#8)) he is better to me than 10 sons!!!!!!!!! And I love him dearly! :heart: I don't even mind that he hates my knitting!
:muah:

robynbird
09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
What a great guy! You are blessed Lu!

Knitting_Guy
09-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Ah mush!

ritaw
09-19-2007, 05:31 AM
He is adorable . kind and thoughtful.

Can i have him? lol

PurlyGyrl
09-19-2007, 08:24 AM
:heart:What a sweetie your hubby is!!:heart: Give him an extra :hug: for being so thoughtful.

He doesn't happen to have a twin does he? :pray:

And Mason:fingerwag:--you curmudgeon you--us girls like a little mush now and again! Just don't ask me about GRITS! :ick:

stitchwitch
09-19-2007, 08:42 AM
I can't see my husband doing something like that unless it benefitted him in some way.
Congrats for finding a sweetie!:cheering:

Arielluria
09-19-2007, 09:00 AM
:muah:Thanks all. Oh..........neither he nor I are "mushy" kind of people.........I'll take a Dirty Harry movie over a love story ANY day!:woot:
Unfortunately no twin ;)

How's this for not mushy? One of his live Copperhead (I think) captures. He does this just to freak me out....that is, capture venomous snakes live.....then he lops their heads off ;)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/468465569_8b165e508a.jpg

Here he is with Peanut:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1406/547947874_212723353b.jpg

hellokitty165
09-19-2007, 09:03 AM
so happie for you... i had a sweet husband too ...:yay:

PurlyGyrl
09-19-2007, 09:04 AM
:waah: no twin :verysad:

But he's a keeper--husband not snake :teehee:

lestrella
09-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Sounds just like my DH. I thought my DH was the sweetest one on earth. Your DH is such a sweetheart too.

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of my friends complaining about their DHs. I thank God everyday for my DH. He's the best! We've been together for almost 15 years (next month will be our anniversary) and we are in a constant honeymoon.

Hooray! for great husbands!!!!!! :cheering::blooby::woot::woohoo:

Arielluria
09-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Sounds like you got my DH's twin then ;) We are both very blessed!

One time he surprised me with a German Shepherd puppy.....he told me to go get a donut in the car which he had saved for me from work. I opened the car door and there was my pup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General H Norman Schwarzkopf, AKC....."Storm" for short. Here's his pic autographed by the real General himself (from him and his German Shepherd 'Orso':
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1343/1406873787_4ca66c0ac3.jpg

stitchwitch
09-19-2007, 10:47 AM
:roflhard: Must be nice, all the surprises my husband has given me have left me crying for days. Savor what you have and enjoy it for the rest of us!

Arielluria
09-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, it hasn't always been roses. The "d" word often came to my mind..........but it was never a way "out" for him.

He's changed a lot since he dedicated his life to the Lord. We both have. (That's not going to church, playing religion....but real life-changing Holy Spirit stuff. ;))

I just wanted you to know.............there's ALWAYS room for improvement.
:muah: