View Full Version : My Husband is TOOO Much!!!!

09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I gotta share my dear sweet hubby! On June 21st my mom had been visiting us (she lives an hour away in College Station, TX) for 3 weeks (a long visit by a mother in law for most husbands, I'm sure). That night I had to drive her to the emergency room with acute Pancreatitis. She was in hospital 5 days and it turned out she had a growth on her Pancreas which needed to be removed. It was finally done 2 months later (we had to get an expert and that took time). She was with us, and DH was a doll all around - even after 3 months living together........and we plan to build a larger home and move in together!

I took her home yesterday (9/17) and today I thought he was taking too long to get home, (he said he was stopping at Walmart to deposit his paycheck).......instead.........after about a 10-hour work day (hard work), he surprises me by driving alllllllllll the way to College Station and getting her. I just called his cell phone at 9 pm and SHE answered!!!!!!!

He's just the sweetest thing in the world. I can cite many more examples during our nearly 20 years of marriage.

People sometimes still think we are newlyweds. I firmly believe the best marriage is one where each one lives to serve the other.........and each one believe he/she got better than they deserve. I certainly did!!!!!!!

We have no children, but as Elkanah said to Hanah in the Bible (before she was able to have children - and wanted them very badly).........(1 Samuel 1:8 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=1Sa&chapter=1&version=NASB#8)) he is better to me than 10 sons!!!!!!!!! And I love him dearly! :heart: I don't even mind that he hates my knitting!

09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
What a great guy! You are blessed Lu!

09-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Ah mush!

09-19-2007, 05:31 AM
He is adorable . kind and thoughtful.

Can i have him? lol

09-19-2007, 08:24 AM
:heart:What a sweetie your hubby is!!:heart: Give him an extra :hug: for being so thoughtful.

He doesn't happen to have a twin does he? :pray:

And Mason:fingerwag:--you curmudgeon you--us girls like a little mush now and again! Just don't ask me about GRITS! :ick:

09-19-2007, 08:42 AM
I can't see my husband doing something like that unless it benefitted him in some way.
Congrats for finding a sweetie!:cheering:

09-19-2007, 09:00 AM
:muah:Thanks all. Oh..........neither he nor I are "mushy" kind of people.........I'll take a Dirty Harry movie over a love story ANY day!:woot:
Unfortunately no twin ;)

How's this for not mushy? One of his live Copperhead (I think) captures. He does this just to freak me out....that is, capture venomous snakes live.....then he lops their heads off ;)

Here he is with Peanut:

09-19-2007, 09:03 AM
so happie for you... i had a sweet husband too ...:yay:

09-19-2007, 09:04 AM
:waah: no twin :verysad:

But he's a keeper--husband not snake :teehee:

09-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Sounds just like my DH. I thought my DH was the sweetest one on earth. Your DH is such a sweetheart too.

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of my friends complaining about their DHs. I thank God everyday for my DH. He's the best! We've been together for almost 15 years (next month will be our anniversary) and we are in a constant honeymoon.

Hooray! for great husbands!!!!!! :cheering::blooby::woot::woohoo:

09-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Sounds like you got my DH's twin then ;) We are both very blessed!

One time he surprised me with a German Shepherd puppy.....he told me to go get a donut in the car which he had saved for me from work. I opened the car door and there was my pup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General H Norman Schwarzkopf, AKC....."Storm" for short. Here's his pic autographed by the real General himself (from him and his German Shepherd 'Orso':

09-19-2007, 10:47 AM
:roflhard: Must be nice, all the surprises my husband has given me have left me crying for days. Savor what you have and enjoy it for the rest of us!

09-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, it hasn't always been roses. The "d" word often came to my mind..........but it was never a way "out" for him.

He's changed a lot since he dedicated his life to the Lord. We both have. (That's not going to church, playing religion....but real life-changing Holy Spirit stuff. ;))

I just wanted you to know.............there's ALWAYS room for improvement.