PDA

View Full Version : Need washable yarn

Maddison
09-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I need to find a cheap, but soft yarn with good deep colors. Not pastel. I usually buy knit picks but, I'm thinking of branching out.

dreamsherl
09-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Plymouth Encore is a good reasonably priced yarn, it's $5.50 a skein at my LYS.

jennylozano
09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
how about caron's simply soft. some places carry a nice variety of colors. and all of them have a nice luster/shine that looks better and better with every wash.

wolfette
09-21-2007, 04:25 PM
I agree. Caron Simply Soft and Plymouth Encore work up really nice and are inexpensive. I like using them for baby items in particular, since babies and their clothing seem to need to be washed VERY often.:ick:

Ingrid
09-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I vote for Encore, as well.

Jen17
09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
I need to find a cheap, but soft yarn with good deep colors. Not pastel. I usually buy knit picks but, I'm thinking of branching out.

Reynolds yarn has Utopia, which I have used on 3 baby sweaters it is very soft
18 sts and 22 rows to 4"
It is soft and has a few deep colors and also pastel. I did a sweater in a cranberry color, it was beautiful.
If you want a new pattern ask for #82260 at your LYS
I don't have a scanner or I would send the cover to you so you could see it, sorry
Hope you find what you are looking for!
Jen:)

ddincolo
09-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Cascade has a really nice super wash.............moderately priced.........
good colors

Mulderknitter
09-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I would go with caron's simply soft too, it's only $2.50 a skein here. Or Michael's now carries Vanna's choice which is also only abotut $3 a skein.

LindaB2603
09-23-2007, 02:37 PM
how about caron's simply soft. some places carry a nice variety of colors. and all of them have a nice luster/shine that looks better and better with every wash.

I was planning a project for my granddaughter Zoe, but I had not tried that kind and I am SO leary of acrylic based on past experience with Red Heart (UGH!).

LindaB2603

suzeeq
09-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Not all acrylic is rough, much of it is softer than wool. RH has several soft yarns, one is called - Soft - and it's TLC line is softer than the Super Saver. Caron has been mentioned, and Bernat also makes very soft acrylics.

Jacklad
09-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Not all acrylic is rough, much of it is softer than wool. RH has several soft yarns, one is called - Soft - and it's TLC line is softer than the Super Saver. Caron has been mentioned, and Bernat also makes very soft acrylics.

I've just finished a Mr. Bean bear as a Christmas present for my oldest (he's 23, but this is Mr. Bean we're talking about :roflhard:), and used Bernat's Satin for it. It's a very nice acrylic, with great stitch definition and a smooth feel.

Jackie