PDA

View Full Version : FO:Dog sweater

Cattrah
09-23-2007, 09:15 AM
So I have't been around for a while, I kinda got sucked into some other crafting things for a while, but the other day I went to Petco for some cat food and they had this huge rack of dog clothes. I was browsing through the sweaters and I couldn't beleive what they wanted $15 for, something I knew that could probably be hand done for less than $5. Anyway when I got home I looked for a pattern online and I gotta say there weren't many that I liked that were free, but I found this one at lion brand:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kfancyf-dogSweater.html?noImages=0

So I went rummaging through my stash and found some striping fun fur and some Caron simply soft. I attempted to guage it out but the guage was right for stitches across but not for rows and I wasn't sure how to fix that so I just hoped it would work out right. So I set off working on it and about 10-12 hours later, this came off my needles.

Doodknitwit
09-23-2007, 09:22 AM
does the pup like it... :poke: I can't tell :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
great job :waving:

nonny2t
09-23-2007, 09:27 AM
It is so stylish. She/he could walk right in to any Vegas club and get in! :):rofl: It looks great!

Mystery_Gyrl
09-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Oh, how nice your doggie looks. Although, I don't think someone likes the flash on your camera very much. :)

Check out Drops Design or Garnstudio (http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/soek_siste.php?dag=30), they recently posted some cute doggie sweater designs under the pattern tab within the last 30 days.

dip's mom
09-23-2007, 09:59 AM
very cute -- is your pup a min pin? We have one but with a docked tail.

beckyrhae
09-23-2007, 11:55 AM
very cute! I first started knitting with hopes of making dog sweaters... and here it is almost 2 years later and I still havent made a dog sweater...

SusanMarie1956
09-23-2007, 12:04 PM
[COLOR="Navy"I have an idea !! Make that in FUN FUR called MINK. She'll have a fur coat then . :-)

Susan[/COLOR]

Songbirdy
09-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Very cute!

Sigh... my cat's won't 'dress-up!'

dustinac
09-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Very cute!!:happydance:

Cattrah
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks everyone! I think Lowla looks adorable in it. She doesn't really seem to mind wearing it, I dunno if she really LIKES it though. She is a dachsund/rat terrier mix. So really the pattern is too short for her, I plan to make it again but add length to it, probably add a few stitches to the back to widen it out some more since her chest is a little more broad, but i wanted to make it once as is first so I wouldn't mess it up too much! I actually really enjoyed making this.

mdog182
09-23-2007, 02:56 PM
awwwww cute sweater and puppy!!! :inlove:

Marni
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Well done! Looks like she's wearing a tutu dress... too cute.

Indygirl
09-23-2007, 05:01 PM
does the pup like it... :poke: I can't tell :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
great job :waving:

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: I was thinking the same thing ;)

soobeeoz
09-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Lowla is beautiful, and she has such a shiny coat. She looks adorable in her lovely new sweater. It does look like a tutu. :)