PDA

View Full Version : What to make with 6 skeins of Burly Spun?

purlgrrl
09-23-2007, 09:25 AM
So I bought 5-6 (I think 6 tho) skeins of Burly Spun in Charcoal Heather to make EZ's Hurry Up Last Minute Sweater from the Knitter's Almanac (December) for dh for Christmas. I tried to make it a surprise, and it was. It was humungous on dh. I have frogged it back to where the sleeves and body join...soooo painful but yk, it did knit up quickly (although the soreness of my hands and wrists from working with such big, heavy yarn - ouch!).

I think he's thinking it's too thick for a sweater anyway so I was thinking of a throw? Brown Sheep Burly Spun is "super bulky" weight. It's all one color. It cost me $100 or so for the yarn:pout: so I want to make something really nice with it...

Any ideas? Or even if there's a better pattern for a sweater for a man...EZ's may be a bit out of my league.

mari_13
09-23-2007, 10:44 AM
I personally would make something out of Twinkle's Big City Knits. That yarn is perfect for it! Here's a free pattern from the book:

http://www.canadianliving.com/CanadianLiving/client/en/today/DetailNews.asp?idNews=237130

I've been drooling for some Burly Spun. Have fun!