PDA

View Full Version : THANKS FOR THE HUG!!!!!!!!!!

nadja la claire
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi All :muah:
I haven't had time to get my misbehaving computer into the shop and I sometimes have trouble getting online but today she let me on so I'm going to take advantage of the situation to thank you all for the big beautiful hug that you sent me. I can't tell you how much the afghan means to me I just wish Jerry could have seen it, he would have loved it. It has been a comfort to me, when I really miss Jerry I just wrap it around me and I don't I feel so alone. I have taken some pics of it although they don't do it justice I'll post them anyway. Thank you again, I love you all. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

ritaw
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Sweetheart!

I am so glad you have recieved the afghan. I am even more happy that it gives you a little hug when you need it.

Each square was made with thoughts of you and your dear husband Jerry.

I must tell you that the biggest hug of all must be from our friend Ellie who was ill at the time but carried on seaming till she finished. She is an amazing person just like you Nadja.:muah:

Take care my sweet and remember we are all here for you.

Love

Rita:hug:

Nobones
09-23-2007, 04:58 PM
I echo RitaW wrote, you ARE so very welcome. I am pleased that it has comforted you in any sort of way. It was a honour to work on it.

:grphug:

DQ
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
I must tell you that the biggest hug of all must be from our friend Ellie who was ill at the time but carried on seaming till she finished. She is an amazing person just like you Nadja.:muah:

Got to agree with that!

I'm so glad you've got it Nadja and it gives you some comfort :hug::hug::hug:

iza
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
:hug:I'm so glad it helps!

jhelanee
09-23-2007, 07:10 PM
You are very welcome. I'm glad you are finding comfort in it. :heart::hug::heart:

debinoz
09-23-2007, 08:33 PM
You are very welcome/ I just wish we were all there to hug you in person.

hellokitty165
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
there you are !

i searched high and low for you once i got back from Africa... how are you doing ???? boy glad that you receive the blanket !!!! i am so happie to see you back here !!!!! :muah::woohoo::hug::thumbsup::heart::cheering::woo t::woohoo::yay:cloud9:sun::blooby::waving::clink:: balloons:

ready2knit
09-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I was not part of the afghan making but wanted to express my sympathies to you.

May your husband's memory be eternal.

Jana

mintdee
09-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I wasn't part either but I do want to send you some cyber hugs :hug::hug:

dagny
09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
What a beautiful huggable afghan and a wonderful gift from everyone... just wanted to send you some good thoughts too :aww:

HamaLee
09-23-2007, 11:07 PM
:grphug:
I'm so glad you got it and that it gives you a smile. I was touched to be a part of this. :heart:

I hope it continues to give you hugs when you need them.

jjminarcik
09-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I am so glad you received the afghan. I hope it reminds you of your husband and your knitting friends for years to come. I was glad be part of such a great project.:hug::heart::hug::heart:

aineepooh1
09-24-2007, 01:08 AM
:hug:Oh Nadja~ SO GLAD you got your afghan - hug~!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
There were so many wonderful people thinking about you~ Again Nobones... was wonderful by taking on this wonderful (huge) seaming project~! I am so glad I could have a small part in this ( you'll never know how small it was... that's a story in itself:passedout:)
but again
BIG:hug::hug::hug: to you Nadja
ainee

Mariblue
09-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Oh, I'm so glad to hear you got the afghan! Ellie was wonderful with all the seaming, wasn't she? :hug:I was glad to be part of this, and happy it can give you some comfort. :hug:

KnittingNat
09-24-2007, 02:45 AM
I'm so happy you find some comfort with the afghan. I'm thankful to Ellie for her great job and efforts and for letting me be part of it. Our thoughts are with you, Nadja :hug:!

dustinac
09-24-2007, 08:55 AM
I agree the biggest hug goes to Ellie and you... :hug:

I'm glad to read that it is bringing you some comfort...your in my thoughts & prayers:hug:

stitchwitch
09-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm glad I could be a part of it! So glad it brings you comfort, that's what we all wanted!:hug:

heykaren
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I wish you all the best Nadja - glad I could participate! We need to give Ellie a huge round of applause for all the organizing and seaming she did!

Karen

Limey
09-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Nadja

Just want to say you've been very much missed on the Forum and it's lovely to know that so many kind people teamed up over thousands of miles to make the Afghan and get it to you.

Hope it will aways remind you of your many friends on KH.

Ellie's been a :star:- I don't know how she managed so much seaming!!!:eyes:

All Best Wishes

susanc
09-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi Nadja:

So glad you got the afghan. I was so honored to be a part of this! Ellie was wonderful and she put in a lot of hard work seaming the whole thing together and she did a beautiful job. I wish we could have all been there to give it to you in person. May it bring you much comfort! :muah::hug::muah:

larudden
09-25-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm soooooooooooo glad you got your big hug, Nadja, and I must echo everyone when I say that ELLIE ROCKS! Talk about a labor of love!! :muah:

I remember when I sent in my squares. They seemed so basic and I wasn't sure they were "worthy" of this gift. However, when I saw them among the others, it was if they were transformed by the love of everyone else included. I felt so happy to be included in this project and remember staring at the progress photos in awe.

Ellie was the glue, Nadja, and her commitment to you and this project goes above and beyond anything I've ever been a part of.

I pray that these hugs will give you comfort. Each and every one of us here at KH is represented in your gift, whether they actually held the needles or not. We were knitting for everyone!

Blessings and love and friendship to you! xo

DragonsChest
09-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Yep, I echo what everyone has said: Ellie was a real trooper getting this all organized and doing that overwhelming job of seaming. I love all the squares that made up the whole, and I'm glad my two little squares were able to be included.

:grphug::grphug::grphug:

threesmom
09-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm so glad it got to you Nadja, and can give you comfort and hugs :hug:. I felt so humbled, I guess, to be part of this, and I'm so glad my knitting could be part of something so beautiful, and so full of love. You're still in my thoughts.

And Ellie - I will forever be in awe of you - you are my seaming hero! And you gave us an outlet to do something to help, support and care when I for one I was wondering just what I could do. Thank you! :hug:

MommaG
09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Nadja, so glad you got it and like it. I too was honoured to take part in this. And Ellie thank you again for taking on the project and getting it all seamed up so beautifully.

rebecca
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
:hug:Nadja, you remain in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so very happy that you love your afghan, each stitch was stitched with love. I will echo what everyone else has said, Ellie is the hero here, she did the seaming and a whole lot more! All, because we love you, my friend :muah: