PDA

View Full Version : Single Color Lady Eleanor??

idahoknitter
09-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm making a Lady Eleanor stole for my DIL for Christmas. Has anyone made the stole using a single solid color? Does it look great or is the pattern lost? I haven't seen any photos of a single color so I'm guessing there is a good reason.

Also, has anyone made this in cotton? Machine washable would be the best in this case.

Thanks for your help!

suzeeq
09-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I've seen a few entrelac scarves in solid colors and they look very good too. It looks more woven, like a basket weave.

zkimom
09-23-2007, 08:26 PM
I think the pattern would be lost in just one color.

But that's just my opinion.

Also, after having made a very large purse in entrelac, I think the pattern would be boring to make if it was just one color all the way through.

I made mine out of a self striping yarn and I loved the way the colors would change as the pattern progressed. I don't think I would have been motivated to keep knitting it if it was all one color.

Best,
Susan

Braden
09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I've made a few entrelac scarves in solid colors, and I prefer them to the 2 color ones. It should look great!

rebecca
09-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Here (http://scarfstyle.blogspot.com/2005/01/hello-from-czech-republic.html) is one in the Scarf Style kal, I think it's rather elegant...depends on the "look" you are going for!
Mine is going to be knit with mulit colors in Silk Garden, but I've had it so long I've forgotten the colorway, lol!

idahoknitter
09-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm so glad I saw the image you included in your reply! Susan may be right that I'll get bored quickly, but I wanted to make this with a really soft yarn like an alpaca blend and the affordable choices are all single color.

Thanks for everyone's response and help!