PDA

View Full Version : Terrible news (involves frogging)

bailsmom
09-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Well, I've decided to comletely rip out my sweater that's about 3/4 done. :waah:

If some of you remember I had almost finished my first sweater in the Stonechat Malabrigo color and found the last 3 skeins had way too much pink in it?? I found some online that had no pink in it and bought 3 more skeins and those have too dark green colors in it. Albeit, no pink!! It just doesn't look good.

I'm so sad. It's such a pretty pattern and I am so close to the end I can taste it, but, alas, I must destroy it and find some new yarn to make it with.

I'm not sure what I'll make with it now, but would you join me in a moment of silence for the destruction of a beautiful project. :verysad:

:frog: :frog: :frog:

stitchwitch
09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
That reminds me, I have a 3/4 finished sweater I need to frog in sitting in the closet. :verysad:I feel your pain.

MrsDavis3
09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
As do I!
I did a garter stitch jacket last year and after finishing the body, I realized it was ugly. I thought I could wear it around the house as a "vest", but it was too ugly even for that. It was even impossible to completely frog due to the difficult characteristics of the 7 types of yarn in it!
It makes me more mad than sad, though.

Nanaof6
09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
:pray:Dear Lord Bless the dear animals that give their furry coats unto us, so that we may knit projects from them. Projects that may or may not ever see the light of day. Projects that will die only to be reborn again and maybe again into other projects. This that does not kill us will only make us stronger knitters. We pray lord that you will give us the strength to see our mistakes and to know ugly when we see it,and lead us to not be affraid to Frogging . For it is the only way that we will learn by our mistakes and take comfort in when our project is done and done right. Pray for us now in our hour of need and guide our hands and needles . Give us the strength to understand that Frogging is not the end but the beginning .

We pray for all knitters that are faced with mistakes made and know that you are not alone.

AMEN,:pray:

bailsmom
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
:pray:Dear Lord Bless the dear animals that give their furry coats unto us, so that we may knit projects from them. Projects that may or may not ever see the light of day. Projects that will die only to be reborn again and maybe again into other projects. This that does not kill us will only make us stronger knitters. We pray lord that you will give us the strength to see our mistakes and to know ugly when we see it,and lead us to not be affraid to Frogging . For it is the only way that we will learn by our mistakes and take comfort in when our project is done and done right. Pray for us now in our hour of need and guide our hands and needles . Give us the strength to understand that Frogging is not the end but the begining .

We pray for all knitters that are faced with mistakes made and know that you are not alone.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

OMG!! You are too funny!!

zebstriped
09-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Think of it as a new beginning, instead of an ending...our thoughts are with you!:frog:

Debkcs
09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Nanaof6, youhave me ROTFLMBO! Here I thought that I was the only one frogging, but I guess it comes to us all at some point or another.

As one who believes in prayer, I may copy off what you wrote and keep it handy for a laugh when a fit of frogging comes on me.

Bailsmom, know that there are others of us frogging when you do.

knitncook
09-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I've frogged the same yarn three times now. I love the yarn and the pretty colors, but everything I knit with it isn't very becoming. I know the pain!

bailsmom
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the love!! :muah:

I haven't frogged it yet as I'm still in denial about it. I kind of want to wait until I find something else to make with it. That way it can mock me as it sits on my knitting box.

I have no idea what else to make with it, I was thinking about a vest, but I'm not a vest person.

Hmmm, what to do, what to do. :think:

Mommy22alyns
09-24-2007, 05:11 PM
:pray:Dear Lord Bless the dear animals that give their furry coats unto us, so that we may knit projects from them. Projects that may or may not ever see the light of day. Projects that will die only to be reborn again and maybe again into other projects. This that does not kill us will only make us stronger knitters. We pray lord that you will give us the strength to see our mistakes and to know ugly when we see it,and lead us to not be affraid to Frogging . For it is the only way that we will learn by our mistakes and take comfort in when our project is done and done right. Pray for us now in our hour of need and guide our hands and needles . Give us the strength to understand that Frogging is not the end but the begining .

OMG, can I print this and share it with my knitting class? They'll love it! :roflhard:

Bailsmom... I'll have a moment of silence for your dear sweater *bows head*

Nanaof6
09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Amber , by all means yes!!:thumbsup:

I am glad you all liked my prayer.