PDA

View Full Version : I need help

robynbird
09-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Apparently I think that 50% off means that i must buy as much yarn as I can carry. I have way too much, some is hidden so hubby dear doesn't have a heart attack. I.must.stop! I also am waiting for the Purewool coop and the BFL. YIKES!!!

The good news is that I have no need of yarn for a long while!!

lauraknits
09-25-2007, 05:32 PM

Um, no need? I always need more!:clink:

mwhite
09-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Apparently I think that 50% off means that i must buy as much yarn as I can carry. I have way too much, some is hidden so hubby dear doesn't have a heart attack. I.must.stop! I also am waiting for the Purewool coop and the BFL. YIKES!!!

I resemble this remark! LOLOL :teehee::oo::help::passedout:

Mulderknitter
09-25-2007, 06:12 PM
you can always give it to me. My DH doesn't care a fig about donated free yarn:flirt:

Shar1ford
09-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi girls! I just registered so I hope I can do this right..being an old blonde (with all that it means).:aww: I am from Winston-Salem, NC and spend every week-end buying yarn! Just found a new shop in High Point so if you are ever this way check it out and I'll probably be there! My husband recently asked me "when will you have enough?" to which I replied "I don't know, but when I do I'll let you know!" I am saving my stash for when I retire and can't afford to shop! I now have enough to last until I am at least 200 years old!! :)
I have a question and hope you can help me. I am trying to find a video on the toe up sock done with the Magic Loop. I have about three pairs done from the toe up, including the foot, but cannot remember how to do the heel. I have taken the class twice but my one brain cell doesn't last long enough to remember it if I don't do socks every day.:teehee: Since I have several projects going (not socks) it is hard to remember the heel part. Does anyone know of a video showing toe up socks on circulars? If so, I would appreciate the name and author. Love doing them toe up and on circulars, just hate that dreaded heel! Look forward to hearing from you. let me know where you all are from too and what projects you are working on!! Bye for now!

mrslevite
09-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I guess I'm the odd one here. And I suppose not having a yarn shop close by makes it easier. I just don't have the compulsion to buy yarn that some people seem to have. If I have a specific project in mind, yes, I'll buy what I need and maybe an extra skein - just in case. But my house is full of 'just-in-cases' of various natures and sorts and I just can't see adding to it right now. But maybe one day . . . :wink:

kristagirl17
09-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I am having trouble tying off my knitting project. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Mulderknitter
09-25-2007, 06:22 PM
I am having trouble tying off my knitting project. Can anyone tell me how to do it?
You can go to the videos' section, I'm sure there's a bind off video for you
I have a question and hope you can help me. I am trying to find a video on the toe up sock done with the Magic Loop.
go to cometosilver.com
Our dear Silver has the best socks tutorials ever!

Shar1ford
09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Do you mean binding off?

Shar1ford
09-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I just joined and have no idea how to find it. When I go there I don't see anything about toe up socks? Help please!

Mulderknitter
09-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Shar, for finishing or tying off or binding off your project, go to the basic techniques and click on binding off in this website.
For toe up socks go to www.cometosilver.com (http://www.cometosilver.com) and click on tutorials. there is a section for toe up socks with one circular needle.

kemp
09-26-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2mlsocks_start.htm