PDA

View Full Version : Yarn for Scarf

cds11
09-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey all,

I'm thinking of making Henry from Knitty (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATThenry.html) for a friend of mine. I'm just trying to decide which yarn to go with... Essential from KnitPicks, or Palette from KnitPicks. Which would you choose? Is Palette scratchy, or would it be ok for a scarf?

Thanks!

suzeeq
09-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Palette isn't real soft, but it may be okay. Depends how sensitive he is. My cube neighbor had on a nice chunky looking sweater today and I asked if I could touch it. She commented on how soft it was while I thought it was only middling soft. And there's a lot of difference in feel between fingertips and skin!

lauraknits
09-26-2007, 12:37 AM
I have been contemplating Henry myself. I was thinking of Gloss, which is quite soft. It has pilled a bit in the socks I made, but a scarf would get much less friction, I think would probably be OK, and the colors are nice! I do think Palette would be scratchy.

cds11
09-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Hmmmm... I'll have to think about this more... I think I'm leaning towards the Essential... seeing how it sounds like Palette might be a little bit scratchy for a scarf..

Thanks!