PDA

View Full Version : My first sock class tonight!! EEEEE!!!

CindyS
09-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm so excited, I'm going to learn tonight how to make socks at my LYS. I haven't had a "sanity night" away from the kiddos for a long, long time, so this is going to be doubly enjoyable. I can't wait to come back and show you all what I learn...even if it's hideous!

aprildavis99
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
:woohoo:How fun! :woot:

pauly81
09-27-2007, 03:50 AM
good for you...socks are one of the things I have not dove into yet. I want to find a sock pattern that I can work with larger needles. I don't like using tiny little needles.

Quiltlady
09-27-2007, 04:22 AM
I can't wait to hear all about it. A few years ago I took classes at my LYS to learn how to knit them from the toe UP and I am so glad that I did. I would not have "gotten it" any other way than taking a class.:cheering:

gingerbread
09-27-2007, 06:47 AM
I just love making socks. I make them for my husband,bad feet :pout: if I do make a pair my granddaughter takes them:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflh ard:
I use the Pure and Simple patterns I bought all of the sock patterns. Plus every free pattern I find. Can you tell I love making them. cloud9 I hope you find some to make you will love wearing them.

CindyS
09-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Well we started at 6:30 and by 9:00 I was still only to the part where you divide for the heel, so I'm going to go back (maybe this morning) to finish up. It was a LOT of fun, both the knitting and the socializing part. We're using this self-striping yarn that is just SO pretty...and amazing too...how on earth do they make this stuff? LOL!

I just got my Lion Brand email this morning so I think I'm going to make my daughter one of the little felted change purses they featured in there. I've never felted on purpose, lol!

aprildavis99
09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
:yay::yay:I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Keep at it. Winter's coming and your toes are begging for new socks.cloud9cloud9

GiddyKnitter
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM
This is a very special time for you so enjoy!! I also learn to knit socks at my LYS last year and have since knitted about 20 pairs!!!