PDA

View Full Version : Is it enough?

ADAllen
09-26-2007, 08:43 PM
My yarn swap pal was briliant and wrote me a pattern. It is for a shrug with a cable across the shoulders. She also spoiled me with some beautiful forest green wool that I have set my heart on using to make the pattern.

Before I dive in, can anyone tell me if 310yards of bulky weight will be enough to make a shrug with a single cable? :shrug: I'm really not good at knowing how much yarn it takes to make ... well, just about anything really:teehee:. I'm hoping that I'll just get better with it, but for now I'm perpetually paranoid about not having enough:shock:.

ADAllen
09-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I think I'm gonna go for it. The pattern and the yarn seem like they would be too perfect together to pass up.

DQ
09-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Good luck with it! :hug:

astonh
09-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I know what you mean. I actually sent enough yarn for my partner to do one of the patterns I sent BUT didn't send yarn for the thing I designed for her as, until it is knit, it is difficult to determine the necessary yardage. I TRIED to "guesstimate" based on other items that were kind of like what I was doing BUT since it was my own design.... I'm currently knitting this design up and am hoping to be able to finish shortly so I can let my partner know exactly how much yarn would be required for the project.

All that jammering and I didn't have an answer for you. I'm sorry. If it is a raglan style, I could recommend a sight that has "guesstimates" for yardage (including bulky), if that might help?

It is http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/raglan.html

That said, several other sources I checked out called for completely different amounts. URG! BEST OF LUCK to you! I hope it works out PERFECTLY for you!