PDA

View Full Version : King Cole Svelte Wool

Juliet
09-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Hi everyone,

Has anybody here knitted with the new King Cole Svelte wool? If so, I would like to know if you found it easy to knit with, or, like me, find it a struggle to keep the tension slack. My fingers are really sore trying to knit a cardigan with it, the stitches seem really tight on the needle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-27-2007, 07:28 AM
maybe you're working the yarn at too-tight of a gauge? Is the pattern written for this yarn, or did you substitute?

Juliet
09-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I bought the yarn yesterday with the pattern that goes with it, (it was new in and I got tempted!)and I bought the needles at the same time. The needles are size 5 1/2mm and 6 1/2mm. Would love to know why it's so hard to knit with.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-27-2007, 09:30 PM
It could be the type of needles you're using... metal tends to help yarn slip along and bamboo holds it pretty tight.

Did you do a gauge swatch?

Juliet
09-29-2007, 09:32 AM
I am using plastic needles and the test swatch was fine. Still struggling on. Would be interested to know if anybody else has knitted with this wool before. I have added a link to the King Cole website and the actual wool I am talking about. http://www.hcscrafts.co.uk/index.php?category=558