PDA

View Full Version : FO - Can Cozy

Jan in CA
09-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Do not... I repeat do NOT over felt the thing..at least with Patons SWS yarn. :wall: It was almost perfect so I thought I'd toss it in the dryer for a few minutes..this might have been fine had I not forgotten it for the entire cycle!!! Besides the fact that it's too short, the can won't even fit in it. :doh:

Anyway...have a laugh on me. :teehee: I have no idea what this can be used for now. A doll hat maybe? :shifty:

mwhite
09-27-2007, 05:57 PM
:teehee: Loose change, maybe??? You deserve a "Poor Baby"

spectorkitty
09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
That did give me a smile! Sorry that happened but at least it was a small item!

nonny2t
09-27-2007, 06:14 PM
It's so cute! You have to find something for it! Paton's really felts fast.

Slim
09-27-2007, 06:20 PM
We have some Japanese tea cups with no handle. They're small, and they get really hot when you pour hot tea into them. Sorry your cozy didn't work out, but you've given me a great idea! Thanks.

Ingrid
09-27-2007, 06:39 PM
A cupcake holder? A little juice can holder? :teehee:

:figureditout: Tomato paste!

veronikaj
09-27-2007, 07:04 PM
This post had me chuckling I love all the great suggestions. Especially Ingrid's for tomato paste.... :) That would make a lovely tomato paste holder. LOL Honestly though, it is very cute and I like the loose change idea, or you could put it in your bathroom or on your night stand for rings, watches, etc., if you wear jewelry and remove it before nighttime. Just a thought. -Ve

Jan in CA
09-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Tomato Paste holder.. :roflhard: The change holder might work, but I usually keep it in my purse. My DD2's boyfriend said I could make 3 more and put them under the table legs so they wouldn't scratch the floor. :teehee:

Itsabtme
09-27-2007, 09:11 PM
It's still cute Jan....maybe it would work for one of the mini-teaser cans of soda???:shrug:

Mariblue
09-27-2007, 09:16 PM
That's too bad. :hug: I'd cut it in two and use it for coasters. It looks to be about the right size for that. Well, it'd be a small coaster.

Jan in CA
09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
It's really too small for a coaster and a can won't fit in it at all. :doh:

Marni
09-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh crud. I have to wear the kitchen timer whenever I have a "time sensative" project going on. A lesson I learned from the exploding hard boiled egg incident.:teehee:

It's still adorable!

momwolf
09-27-2007, 11:33 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_20.gif Jan that is toooooooo funny.How about a cat toy?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_25.gif

Songbirdy
09-28-2007, 12:03 AM
:teehee:

Okay, that a little funny... :teehee:

I would love to try felting but know myself enough to know I'd do Exactly this!

kym
09-28-2007, 12:08 AM
WOW that gave me a few good laughs today which I really needed. Anytime I got mad today I looked at this picture :D

Shandeh
09-28-2007, 03:35 AM
:roflhard:

I almost woke Marvin laughing at this....especially when I read about the tomato paste.

Poor Jan. :teehee:

It looks like it's just the right size to hold a boiled egg.
It can be an egg cozy. :wink:

Or you could use it for those teeny-tiny cans of orange juice or tomato juice.

But I like the idea of making 3 more, and using them for table leg cushions.

dustinac
09-28-2007, 07:50 AM
:teehee: table leg cushions :teehee:

It does look pretty though...sws does felt pretty..just fast...I'm sorry it came out to small...

PurlyGyrl
09-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Okay Miss Jan admit it-:fingerwag:-you did this on purpose--everyone knows that's your shot glass cozy.

:clink:

:roflhard: Just kidding--I'd had a few of "oops" dryer moments myself!

GiddyKnitter
09-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Maybe an egg cosy!!

sinistral_needler
09-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Okay Miss Jan admit it-:fingerwag:-you did this on purpose--everyone knows that's your shot glass cozy. :clink:

I think you're on to something. I am going to need that pattern ... :clink:

stirsmommy
09-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Jan (answerer of all of my questions)
I nearly shot pepsi through my nose I was laughing so hard. My dd says it riminds her of the purse I carry. It was suppose to be a knitting bag but I kept sending it through the washer. It started out being large enough that if I hadn't closed the bottom it would have been large enough for me to wear as a skirt and not a mini! It is my first fo and the ladies at the lys always comment on it but you should see the looks on their faces when I say it is the kitchen sink bag. I am not sure they believe it!
Oh dd says it is perfect for holding your doodads like stitch markers while you are sitting and knitting.

Brandilyne
09-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Hee! I don't know which one I love more, the table leg cozies or the shot glass cozy! :roflhard:

You could felt it a little more and use it as a reeeeallllly big thimble :teehee:

GinnyG
09-28-2007, 12:52 PM
How about geting some silk flowers and making a little flower arrangement in it!!!!

Jan in CA
09-28-2007, 01:05 PM
I think you're on to something. I am going to need that pattern ... :clink:

Here you go Tracy! :teehee: http://www.cincinnatiknitting.com/cincyknittingstripedcan.html

Love all the suggestions!! :roflhard::roflhard: I don't drink shots of anything so that's out and it's so dark I'd go nuts with little knitting supplies in it. If the yarn wasn't so expensive the table leg thing would probably be the best option. :teehee:

I decided rather than use any more of my precious yarn for this project I'm going to use the rest to make this kitty. I don't think I can hurt this one. ;)
http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepatterns/toys/Fat_Cat_186-1.html

Shandeh
09-28-2007, 03:40 PM
That kitty is so cute! :heart:

Sunny_Singer
09-28-2007, 06:34 PM
My DD2's boyfriend said I could make 3 more and put them under the table legs so they wouldn't scratch the floor. :teehee:

Actually, that isn't a bad idea, though the color might be wrong for your kitchen. Finding casters for chair and table legs today isn't as easy as it was 20 years ago. And when you do find them, they have every size but the one you need. *blah*

AnotherBecca
09-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Find some smaller cans, like V-8 and little juice cans. I'd use it to hold keys or jewelry, or coins for tolls in the car!
It's really pretty anyway, so use it for something!

Jan in CA
09-28-2007, 11:32 PM
It's really pretty anyway, so use it for something!

Thank you everyone! Becca, I'm using to to amuse everyone in the forum...and also to warn people not to felt and compute:teehee:.

Shandeh
09-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey Jan! I figured it out!

It should be a NOSE WARMER!
Just add some icord as a way to hook it around your head, and you're in business.

You'd look like Bozo the Clown, but your nose would be warm. :wink:

Ingrid
09-29-2007, 10:38 AM
:rofl: My first attempt at crochet a hundred years ago turned out to be a nose warmer. :teehee:

Shandeh
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
:wink:

Jan in CA
09-29-2007, 12:46 PM
It should be a NOSE WARMER!
Just add some icord as a way to hook it around your head, and you're in business.
You'd look like Bozo the Clown, but your nose would be warm. :wink:

That's it! I should donate it to a clown college! :figureditout: :teehee:

Shandeh
09-29-2007, 05:41 PM