PDA

View Full Version : I made my own stitch markers!

Mulderknitter
09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Ok, they aren't very cute at all. But they are wire with beads and fit on a needle. I actually dissected an old necklace I had made for some of them. I guess like knitting you get better with practice!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture060.jpg

Sunny_Singer
09-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I think they are nice :)

I prefer reusing things rather than throwing them away, anyway.

Stitch markers don't really have to be fantastically beautiful, do they? I mean, they serve a purpose but the only one who sees them is you. The hand made ones are easier to see on your work than the little clear rings I bought. I Think I need to make my own too, but at this point, I haven't any old beaded necklaces I can take apart, and buying beads for them seems pointless. lol.

Songbirdy
09-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Nice job! At least you didn't just think about it!

As for beads... try the thrift store. My 6 y/o daughter would be able to tell you that you can get some pretty amazing beads there. Naturally when you are 6 knitting markers do not rank higher than dress up clothes but... you are perhaps not so inclined?

Arielluria
09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Great idea with the wire. I have some which I love from my secret knitter pal, however, I find the metal loops sometimes snag on my yarn (depending on what I'm using).