PDA

View Full Version : Managed A Trip To Hobby Lobby Today

Knitting_Guy
09-27-2007, 06:42 PM
As I had a little time to kill this morning I wandered over to Hobby Lobby to see about finding a replacement for my long lost cable needle. I bought a package of three, one of which is about a size 8 and is perfect for the scarf I am working on as I am using size 8 for it.

I also accidentally bought a few skeins of yarn while I was there, one of which is the same as the scarf so I can make a matching hat.

Ingrid
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I hate when I accidentally buy yarn. :shifty:

Mulderknitter
09-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I also accidentally bought a few skeins of yarn while I was there
These things happen, I am sure you will recover:muah:
I don't have Hobby lobby here, but Michael's sometimes pulls me into it's clutches. It's right by Target. Darn people that figure out my 2 bad places to spend money put them right together:zombie:

Knitting_Guy
09-27-2007, 06:46 PM
I hate when I accidentally buy yarn. :shifty:

Yeah, but these things happen. :thumbsup:

Knitting_Guy
09-27-2007, 06:46 PM
These things happen, I am sure you will recover:muah:
I don't have Hobby lobby here, but Michael's sometimes pulls me into it's clutches. It's right by Target. Darn people that figure out my 2 bad places to spend money put them right together:zombie:

I think a few hours of knitting will set me right again. :mrgreen:

Songbirdy
09-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Just sounds so casual and relaxed...

(where as with my yarn store trips, they are wrought with vague promises of candy or McD's in more of a blitzkrieg style...)

Hope you enjoy that accidental yarn! :guyknitting:

stirsmommy
09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah I know how those accidents happen. Honestly, I was only going to look at yarn for dd's xmas and bday presents. I have know idea how $80 worth of yarn ended up in my hands. But since it obviously needed a home I brought it to mine. I think that may need more than a few hours of knitting to make it right again!
Boy do I miss Hobby Lobby!

Knitting_Guy
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I have know idea how $80 worth of yarn ended up in my hands. But since it obviously needed a home I brought it to mine.

:roflhard:

Mulderknitter
09-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, to try to make things right, I thought I would go to a nice estate sale. Poor woman died before she could knit all her yarn.:pout:I walked out $130 later with the friends of the lady saying I was her reincarnation. Maybe.... who knows... (except that I'm 30 and she just died this year) of course not to make light of a fellow knitter passing, just thought it was cute

momwolf
09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I had the same problem yesterday.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_201.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_20.gif

Debkcs
09-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Strangely enough, the same thing happened to me today. On my way to a doctor's appointment, I strangely wound up in a Michael's. HOW did that happen? When I got home, there was wool for two projects in my hand. Is this a 'missing time' episode? Maybe Mulder can help me.

BTW, they were unpacking all the new yarn for fall/winter. Wonderful, and the prices better than at the LYS I had visited earlier.

Ingrid
09-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, to try to make things right, I thought I would go to a nice estate sale. Poor woman died before she could knit all her yarn.:pout:I walked out $130 later with the friends of the lady saying I was her reincarnation. Maybe.... who knows... (except that I'm 30 and she just died this year) of course not to make light of a fellow knitter passing, just thought it was cute

I'm sure the woman who left the yarn would be thrilled that the person who ended up with it appreciates it.:thumbsup:

I would die again if someone inherited my yarn and ended up making crocheted toilet paper covers with it.:rofl:

SusanMarie1956
09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Goodness,

We all must have that problem. ;-) We feel sorry for the yarn just sitting there alone. And we know if we buy it, our stash's will give it a great home!

Lighting57
09-27-2007, 10:31 PM
My nearest Hobby Lobby (35 miles away) has all of their knitting needles and etc. for 50% off this week and I haven't been able to go. WAH!

Sissy
09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Poor,poor Mason having to suffer through buying yarn......LOL! Cant wait to see the hat......Sissy:woot:

cdjack
09-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I went to JoAnn's yesterday to buy some replacement buttons for my dh's jacket.
I was supposed to just run in and run out.
I had milk in the car. I got the buttons and went directly to the paltry yarn department (this is a small town JoAnn's). They had their Sensations yarn (wool/cotton blend) on clearance for $1.97! Well, I had to buy it.
It would have been wrong to leave it there.
It looked so sad all squished together in a bottom bin covered in dust bunnies.
My good deed of the day... ;)

Nobones
09-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Poor Maison! How will you cope with this accident? After a shock like that you need some comfort..... go and by more yarn!

Jan in CA
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I would die again if someone inherited my yarn and ended up making crocheted toilet paper covers with it.:rofl:

:noway: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

I'll save you the problem...make me your beneficiary.. :shifty: :teehee: