PDA

View Full Version : Need nice bankie pattern using very bulky stuff..

cheley
09-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone:hug:I got a great deal on 3 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-ease quick and thick..(all for $2.00)....:woohoo:I tried to work a nice patten from my baby afghan book...Patchwork Pleaser...It's a very nice pattern, however I have to work several YO,k2tog...and YO p2tog....for the pattern.. I am working with US 15 circ...this stuff is killing my hands:teehee:I am going to:frog::frog:this one. Anyone have a pattern for a blanket or throw using this stuff....Thank you

suzeeq
09-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Unless you're knitting really tightly, that shouldn't be hard on your hands. You can do standard garter stitch, stockinette with a couple sts in garter at beginning or end of rows, basketweave, or a double moss st (k2,p2 for 2 rows then reverse, p2,k2 for 2 rows).

cheley
09-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Unless you're knitting really tightly, that shouldn't be hard on your hands. You can do standard garter stitch, stockinette with a couple sts in garter at beginning or end of rows, basketweave, or a double moss st (k2,p2 for 2 rows then reverse, p2,k2 for 2 rows). Hi Suzeeq, Yep I frogged and I am doing 4st garter on each end, then standard st st.....I guess I wanted something to really pop-out when you look at it....but this yarn is sooooo thick....:muah: Thank you Cheley