PDA

View Full Version : FO: Just a few dishcloths...

knitgal
09-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Once I completed my last strip on my Manos Afghan, I felt like I had to complete a few projects really quickly, so i made some dishcloths. I absolutely love making dishcloths; they're functional, fun, easy and quick to make and you can try out different stitch patterns without much risk.
I made my first two Ballband dishcloths from Mason-Dixon Knitting and one of my own invention (sort of). I really like the way the Ballbands look and I thought they'd be cute in bright colours. I also thought it would be cool to use a variegated colour for the "mortar" and a plain colour for the "bricks". I have a HUGE ball of that variegated because I loved the colours at the time, but I have made at least 3 dishcloths with that ball and its still as big as when I bought it.
I searched online for a cable dishcloth and couldn't find one that I liked. All of them were "mock" cables and I wanted REAL cables. I adapted this pattern from a scarf pattern in Cables Untangled that I'm about to start. I wanted to see what I thought of the pattern before I tired it. It's a little funny looking because it's reversible, so there are cables on both side so in between the cables sort of pulls funny, but I don't mind. It was also the first time I had never put a border around a dishcloth, but it worked because of the ribbing!
This seems like an awful lot to write about dishcloths, but I hope you like them!

Samsam
09-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I :heart: your color choices! Great job :thumbsup:

ah
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Great dishcloths! I've been a "I don't get why people knit these" person, but after seeing all the great dishcloths here on KH I am feeling the need to give it a try.

Mama Bear
09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Fun colors!

I like bright fun colors for winter and the brick and mortar patterns are fun to do.

Mama Bear

Jan in CA
09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
So pretty! :inlove:

Ginnyb
10-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I just finished that same dishcloth from the Mason Dixon book! All my friends just love knitted dishcloths. I wondered why people knitted them too, but everyone loves them and they are a quick project!

Ginny

dustinac
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
:happydance:Great job!!

sue in canada
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Here is a cable dishcloth pattern
http://freepatterns.k1p1keepingyouinstitchesstudio.com/cwe.html

WandaT
10-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Ya gotta love dishcloths! So easy and fun to do in between larger projects! I have quite a few to make for Xmas gifts. Have some Harry Potter fans I'm going to make some for. :) Yours are beautiful!

nonny2t
10-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Cool dishcloths!!!

GiddyKnitter
10-03-2007, 11:31 AM
There almost too nice for dishcloths!

ArtLady1981
10-03-2007, 05:47 PM
You inspire me! :thumbsup: I must make myself some new dishcloths!
And I have some white leftover mercierized cotton yarn in my stash, too!

esiuol
10-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Very pretty!! You did a great job!!!