PDA

View Full Version : FO: mitt by hubby

MellieThePooh
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
This is great.

I've been knitting for a month or two and my DH expressed only mild interest in my new hobby until I started my Irish Hiking Scarf. All of a sudden he became terribly interested in cables, and set about to make some of his own. Enter my new fingerless mitt:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/uberquandary/IMG_0001.jpg

Not too shabby for his first knitting project, eh? I'm worried that he's lost momentum, however; I want my second mitt! I'm wearing the first one now. It's fun. I also hope he can remember what he did for the cables, since he just winged it.

GiddyKnitter
10-01-2007, 12:28 PM
That is so cool.xx

Jan in CA
10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Wow..he did a great job!!

knitncook
10-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Great job for his first knitting item! And tackling cables to boot! Good at him!

Prazzie
10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I am impressed. I've got my significant other knitting - he started with a plain scarf and stopped. You're lucky to have half a pair of mittens! Maybe if I tell mine that some other guy started with cables, he'll get that male competitive streak going and finish the scarf.

Tell your husband it looks great and now we want to see the other one.

ritaw
10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
What a great job he has done . Lets hope he makes the other one to match lol

dagny
10-01-2007, 03:13 PM
How cool!

momwolf
10-01-2007, 03:23 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_103.gif

MellieThePooh
10-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I am impressed. I've got my significant other knitting - he started with a plain scarf and stopped. You're lucky to have half a pair of mittens! Maybe if I tell mine that some other guy started with cables, he'll get that male competitive streak going and finish the scarf.

Tell your husband it looks great and now we want to see the other one.

Would it motivate your SO to tell him that he wanted to sew my wedding dress, too? We talked him out of that one just in time...:teehee:

He definitely likes the attention, btw.

PurlyGyrl
10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
You must be a good teacher 'cause that's a very impressive first project. I can't even get my significant other to take the trash out much less be interested in knitting. :mrgreen:

MellieThePooh
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
You must be a good teacher 'cause that's a very impressive first project. I can't even get my significant other to take the trash out much less be interested in knitting. :mrgreen:

Oh, I wish I could take credit for it, but all I did was show him how to cast on, knit, purl, and knit in the round. Actually, that process was hilarious in itself. He figured out the cables all by himself, though.

Slim
10-01-2007, 06:20 PM
That's amazing! Pretty colors, too.

Prazzie
10-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Would it motivate your SO to tell him that he wanted to sew my wedding dress, too? We talked him out of that one just in time...:teehee:

He definitely likes the attention, btw.

:roflhard: No, I think that would cause him to give up! Aah, let your hubby bask in it then, he deserves it. Make him a cup of tea and show him this:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

...I can't even get my significant other to take the trash out much less be interested in knitting. :mrgreen:

Oh thank goodness, I am so glad to read that. That is mine's only job. Yup, his one and only job. Take out the trash. I'll tell ya, sometimes it's a battle. He'll take out the trash, but forget to replace the bin liner. Then I have to point out that it's part of the whole process, take out the trash, new bin liner. It's been five years now, but to be fair, when I met him, he didn't even own a trash can! He used a plastic grocery bag hanging off a cabinet door handle. :doh:

Cabled mittens? Not a chance. So have another, MellieThePooh's DH: :notworthy:

dustinac
10-01-2007, 09:44 PM
He did a great job!! I hope you get the other mitt :teehee:

almost 2yrs ago I think...I was trying to show my SIL how to CO and my brother was like oh it can't be that hard...so he sat down with us... CO and took off knitting...then I showed him how to purl...he had a scarf going but never finished it...made the sil so mad cause she couldn't grasp the CO and he would have to CO for her and then refresh her memory on the knit as well :teehee:

MellieThePooh
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Good news...I showed him this thread and he started making the second one last night!:woohoo:

Prazzie
10-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh good. Once that's done, will he continue knitting? I hope so, looks like he's a natural.

pandaca
10-03-2007, 12:40 AM
That was his first project?? It took me almost a year to do cables! Good job, DH! Hope he makes a second one for you!

AnotherBecca
10-03-2007, 04:25 AM
That's awesome! My DH knit a baby hat for our neighbor (one of those long rectangles that just gets folded over & seamed) and I ended up doing all the ribbing etc. I can't imagine him ever taking on a cabled project! Kudos to your hubby!

MellieThePooh
10-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, he finished the second one and wanted me to upload a picture so everybody would know he's not a slacker!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/uberquandary/IMG_0009.jpg

I'm happy!

dustinac
10-13-2007, 11:27 AM
:happydance:They look wonderful!! I had been wondering if he made you the second one :teehee:

knitgal
10-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I am SO impressed! My DBF has issues remembering to take out the garbage too....as well as fixing anything I ask him to fix. I can't even imagine him having the patience to knit!

Debkcs
10-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Those are so cute!

My DH has MS, he was looking at my knitting the other day, said, "Should I learn to do that?" I looked up at him, and we both just cracked up laughing.

Those mittens sure look like they'll keep you warm.