PDA

View Full Version : I found a job!

kbagel
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I am so excited! I finally found a job! :happydance: I had been looking since May and was really starting to get worried because my student loans are coming due in November. I was doing freelance a few days a month but nothing steady enough for any peace of mind. But now, I have my very own full-time job. I'm working at an ad-agency as an account manager/ brand planner. I really want to do only brand planning but they can't really afford to hire two people. Did I mention the agency is really small? I'm just worried that they may not offer health insurance. I start tomorrow! YAY!:woohoo:

larudden
10-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Congrats! I remember when my daughter, Beth, was in your same spot last year!

Have fun tomorrow! What are you gonna wear? :)

spectorkitty
10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Congratulations! :cheering:

kbagel
10-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys! The hard part is the office is super casual, like jeans and t-shirts. I love to get dressed up though. I'll have to think about what to wear.

spectorkitty
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I love the fact I can wear jeans and t-shirts to my job. I don't know what I'd do if I had to dress up I don't even own a skirt or dress!

Kaydee
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Congrats!! I was in your position last year, its tough!

Knitting_Guy
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
A job?! :ick:

That's why I drive a truck, so I won't have to get a job. :rofl:

Congrats

MellieThePooh
10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Oh, I want a job! :waah: Anybody want to hire a French/Political Science major? :flirt:

marykz
10-02-2007, 09:33 AM
congrats!! hope your first day went great!! :)

newknitter44102
10-02-2007, 11:04 AM
I just started my job two weeks ago after being unemployed for 3 months and boy was it rough and I'm happy for both of us because now we can buy yarn! Yipee! On a serious note..Congrats

Kaydee
10-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Oh, I want a job! :waah: Anybody want to hire a French/Political Science major? :flirt:

I was a Spanish/PoliSci major, it was tough to find something. I decided to go into the healthcare field and now I'm getting my MPH in international health.

MellieThePooh
10-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I was a Spanish/PoliSci major, it was tough to find something. I decided to go into the healthcare field and now I'm getting my MPH in international health.

Oh.

Not what I wanted to hear.

My own fault for not listening to my Mom.

Sigh...

kbagel
10-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys! Today was my first day and it went pretty well. I'm still not 100% sure on the job. It's not really what I want to be doing but it's a stepping stone. Gotta do it for a while and keep looking for those brand strategy positions. I'm so tired though! On another note, I got my ravelry invite today!