PDA

View Full Version : male knitters

pauly81
10-01-2007, 11:39 PM
are there any more male knitters on this site....or in Northers California

suzeeq
10-02-2007, 12:13 AM
There's several, though I don't think they're in N Cal. Mason, Mmario, Contiknitter, Rohrshach and a couple others.

MMario
10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Paul - there are a number of us around - not sure where we are located -

another site you might want to check if you are seeking Men who knit - (oddly enough) www.menwhoknit.com (http://www.menwhoknit.com/community/)

IamtheWalter
10-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm both a male knitter and live in northern california, but I live in chico which is still quite a way from arcata though.

sugarfunpouch
10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
ContiKnitter is a male? I never knew! :oops:

Knitting_Guy
10-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Yep, there are a few of us on the site.

Braden
10-06-2007, 09:14 PM
ContiKnitter is a male? I never knew! :oops:

Yup, sure am! There are a bunch of us on this site.

kapekodchip
05-02-2008, 09:15 AM
I am also a male knitter. From Hyannis Massachusetts out on Cape Cod. Would love to meet any male knitters from anywhere!!!

feministmama
05-02-2008, 11:32 AM
I am also a male knitter. From Hyannis Massachusetts out on Cape Cod. Would love to meet any male knitters from anywhere!!!

My mum has a house in Sandwich, we go visit her every summer and I never see any knitters!!! What yarn shops do you go to? The only one I've been to is Lady Bug on 6A in Yarmouth

mrshr3d
05-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Another male knitter here, from Australia. There's nothin quite like downing a cold one while knitting away! (kidding) I had an idea to make a series of somewhat comical video tutorials to put on youtube --- "Knitting for BLOKES" :-)

SteveDallas
05-08-2008, 08:51 PM
There's nothin quite like downing a cold one while knitting away! (kidding)
Kidding? What for? I've often been known to have a beverage of my choice in the evening. Sometimes I happen to be knitting at the same time..... :cool:

mrshr3d
05-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Hehe....well ya gotta be careful, too much booze and the knitting suffers. Also, don't wanna end up having to go to AKA Meetings (Alcoholic Knitters Anonymous) hehe :-D

eastbaywill
05-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Another guy who knits and crochets here in the San Francisco bay area. I am really enjoying doing cable knitting these days, and even though a glass of good wine along with the Aran Sweater I'm knitting sounds good .. I can't imagine that interesting directions those cables would take!

MaleKnitter
05-24-2008, 10:14 PM
I am a male knitter (if you cannot tell by my name)
I can knit, crochet, sew, and even tat (not the best tatter there ever was... I prefer working with yarn and needles... or hooks)
But I live in Utah (where I just graduated from High school) and I really just love knitting. It's perfect for me, I can make the best gifts EVER, AND I really feel smart when I am able to do all the math it takes to design a sweater that actually looks the way it is supposed to.

MMario
05-27-2008, 09:24 AM
I know some of us are there already - but want to make those with 'Y' choromsome aware of Men Who Knit.

Forum at:

http://www.menwhoknit.com/community/

albertpollard
11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Just thought I'd add my name to the list of male knitters.

OffJumpsJack
11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm a man and I crochet and I knit. I did embrodery in the 70 to patch my blue-jeans. I haven't done that since. My DW has trouble convincing her co-workers that the pretty scarf she wears was made by me. :roll: I guess I dare not let them know of the doilies I can make. :roflhard:

I live in North Carolina but grew up in western PA. The irony with that is I wear more sweaters now that I live in the south.

I like to create with my hands. I would do pottery, ceramics, or wood working, but yarn work has cheaper tools and usually requires less space. ;)

--Jack