PDA

View Full Version : Negative ease measurement question...

HamaLee
10-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm always mixing up the proper way to measure for ease and negative ease. Say I wanted to make a sweater and I need to take my bust measurement to make a size accounting for 2 inches of negative ease.

Ok, now say my actual measuring-tape bust measurement is 36 inches. So is my sweater size measurement (taking 2 inches of negative ease into account) a 34 or a 38?

suzeeq
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
34 - 38 inches is positive ease, or just ease. But the better way to figure out what measurement to make it is to measure a sweater you already have and fits the way you like it and use that.

MrsDavis3
10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm always mixing up the proper way to measure for ease and negative ease. Say I wanted to make a sweater and I need to take my bust measurement to make a size accounting for 2 inches of negative ease.

Ok, now say my actual measuring-tape bust measurement is 36 inches. So is my sweater size measurement (taking 2 inches of negative ease into account) a 34 or a 38?
I learned that, in your case, a sweater measuring 34 inches on your bust of 36 inches would have 2 inches of "negative ease".

HamaLee
10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks!