PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wonderland Swap 2007 (Successfully Ended)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

astonh
10-05-2007, 10:15 AM
“Baby, it’s cold outside!”

The days are getting shorter and the evenings (and some days, depending on where you live) are getting cooler. That’s right….Winter isn’t far away! On that note, we are having a “Winter Wonderland Swap”. I am honored to be your hostess for this swap and am looking forward to our all having a wonderful time.

What could be more wonderful a cold winter’s night than snuggling up with YARN, STITCHMARKERS in your favorite COLORS, perhaps a special pattern, and SOMETHING HOT to drink and knitting up something special to keep you warm and toasty?

This is a simple swap. It is an anonymous swap (like the Surprise Theme Swap which recently ended). You will have one person you will send a “Winter Wonderland” package tailored just for them, and a different person from whom you should receive a package tailored to you. We will have several cost categories for you to select from. You can make items or add more if you like, but this is not required. Registration for the swap will end on October 24th. Additionally, this swap does NOT require that you knit something for your swap partner! We probably all have piles of projects OTN, or headed that way, to be knit in time for the holidays. We don’t wish to add to that “to knit” list by requiring you to knit something for your partner. This swap is more about the supplies to enable us to knit something ourselves (or someone special). What a WONDERFUL thing to unwind and relax with during this hectic time of year.

Yes, this swap leads up to the December holiday period. As an international knitting community who likely all celebrate different holidays, we have decided to call this a “Winter Wonderland Swap” rather than focusing on any specific holiday (i.e. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or any holiday I might have missed). I have, however, included questions in the questionnaire regarding holiday preferences and will do my very best to align partners accordingly. I just ask that you pay attention to your pal’s preferences. Note that you do not have to send holiday themed items. This is, after-all, a “Winter Wonderland Swap” so anything related to snow and/or keeping warm in it is great!

Package suggestions: Yarn, set of stitch markers or some beads for receiver to make stitch markers (yarn and markers/beads in receiver’s fave colors would be ideal!), and SOMETHING HOT to drink.
Following are the important swap dates:
Registration Opens: IMMEDIATELY
Registration Closes: OCTOBER 24th, 2007
Swap Partner Names Sent: by NOVEMBER 1, 2007
Package Postmark Date: Packages must be postmarked by December 8 to, hopefully, ensure everyone gets their packages by the various holidays.

The questionaire will be emailed to those who are intersted. Just let me know if you are interested and where to send the questionaire! If you have any questions, please PM me!

Happy Swapping everyone and thanks for joining us on this!

ALL PACKAGES HAVE BEEN RECEIVED!
Amerielle
angel4ever
AngMac
Astonh
auburnchick
bah
Brandy_M
bree
carla1019
cdjack
cftwo
ChrissyB
ChristinaKnits
Efooey
foxyie
gargoylelib
heyKaren
hob
isabeau
itsjustmeghan
JackieLim
JamOKnit
jbird05
jcmom
Jeanius80
jess_hawk
karne
knitgal
knitncook
KnitPixie
KnitPrincess
knitting4-2girls
Lady Violet
LauraD
lelvsdgs
lucky_alf2
madametj
Mare-nitt
Maria2009
Marykz
mdog182
meearnol
momwolf
monzogary
msmelody
mulderknitter
oneyarn
PaperGirl
poochiegram
psammeadred
reetz
REVS
Riss
robynbird
ronda
rorygilmore
SamSam
Sanibelle
Secksiebrat
SherKnit
Sig
spectorkitty
stacyk9
SteveDallas
stirsmommy
Sunny_Singer
The.Knitter
threesmom
toomuch
yarntard

astonh
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Ooops... sorry. I forgot to include the swap button on my initial post. Here it is! It is a jpg image. Just resize to your needs as I realize, once it attached, that it is a bit big.

JamOKnit
10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Am I first???? Yay! A new swap!!! I'm in!

stirsmommy
10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
How do you want us to get in touch with you by pm or will this do as a way of saying I want the questionaire email? I can't wait the last swap was soo much fun.

astonh
10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Ooops. Sorry, another minor omission of info.

Just noting your interest on here will be fine. I'll send the questionaire to you.... Actually, scratch that. I think I'll take yet ANOTHER clue from Jeanius80 (who ran such a WONDERFUL last swap) and post the questionaire here shortly. You can just copy and paste it and zap it back to me filled out.... That will probably help cut down on the possibility that I screw up and miss sending it to someone.

astonh
10-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Following is the "Winter Wonderland Swap 2007" questionaire. Once the completed questionaire is received, you WILL receive a confirmation email noting that you are "in the swap".

Please complete the following questionnaire and email to heajames at austin dot rr dot com (please just replace the word “at” with the @ symbol and the words “dot” with a period).

WINTER WONDERLAND SWAP 2007 QUESTIONAIRE

KH name:
Real Name (First AND Last):
Mailing address for packages:
Primary email address:
Do you have a blog? If yes, what is the blog address?
Do you prefer your swap partner contact you via your primary email address OR via PM on KH?

1. Is there a particular type of pattern/stitch type you would prefer..IF you had the choice...just in case your swap partner wants to include a pattern in your package? (sock, scarf, hat… cables, lace, etc.)
2. Do you have any allergies or aversions your swap partner should know about? (animals, wool, smoke, chocolate, etc.)
ALSO... to make matching work, do you smoke or have pets?
3. With what size needles do you typically knit?
4. Do you prefer circular or straight needles? Do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
5. Do you own an interchangeable needle set, and if so which one(s). (Just in case your swap partner wants to coordinate a gift around it.)
6. What are your FAVORITE colors?
7. What are your LEAST favorite colors?
8. What is your favorite HOT drink on a cold night? (i.e. coffee, tea, cocoa, cider, etc.)
9. What are three things you like most about winter?
10. Do you celebrate a specific holiday during the winter season? Do you, if numbers allow, prefer to be partnered with someone to do a more holiday specific focus on the “Winter Wonderland Swap”?
11. Which price category do you want to participate in? 10, 15, 20, 25 (I really don’t want to go beyond 25 as there are also shipping charges to be mindful of AND this is typically a “tight” financial time for many.)
12. Are you willing to ship internationally? (Please keep in mind this will raise shipping costs.)
13. Is this your first swap?
14. Are you willing to be a swap savior?

Happy Holidays and Happy Swapping :)

cdjack
10-05-2007, 10:38 AM
:cheering: :woot: :yay: :happydance:

Count me in! I had so much fun just looking at what everyone received from the Fall Swap.
There are many very creative KHs out there!

Brandy_m
10-05-2007, 10:40 AM
I'll play! THanks!! Emailing you.

hob
10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
:hug: ashton my swap isnt over yet but yes ill join

10.00 USD

=

7.07614 EUR

10.00 USD

=

4.90225 GBP

10.00 USD

=

9.82426 CAD

i thought that might be helpfull as i joined the 15 doller swap then i relised the diffrence in pounds. doh.

Secksiebrat
10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I filled out the form! I'm totally in :)

~danielle~

astonh
10-05-2007, 11:13 AM
hob... THANK YOU for posting that info. I completely didn't think about that.

PLEASE NOTE: the price categories listed on the questionaire are in US dollars.

On a side note, hob... have you STILL not received your package? :gah: Mailman talked like you should have had it by now. I'm sorry!!!!!

PaperGirl
10-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Oooohhhh......OK, Ill join too!

Like I dont have enough planning for the new house...LOL!

Im filling it out now!

Carla1019
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I have PM you with my answers.

How do you get the "Picture" (winder wonderland swap) on your signuture? I have try but don't know how I guess.

astonh
10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
another "oops!". Those of you who have already sent your questionaires in...I've got ONE more question that I failed to include in the original questionaire.

While I asked if you had any allergies, etc... I failed to question if you smoke or own pets (that would come in contact with your swap partners stuff). Would GREATLY appreciate your letting me know that answer so I can be sure that I get EVERYONE paired up with the "perfect" swap partner!

THANK YOU!!!!...and sorry for the inconveince.

stirsmommy
10-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Do you want us to send you a copy of our questionairres with that question add so you don't have bits and pieces coming at you or are you ok with the oddbits coming?

robynbird
10-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I just sent you my questionnaire! I love swaps!!! :)

jeanius80
10-05-2007, 01:38 PM
:psst: i signed up .... don't tell anyone!:shifty:

:rofl:

astonh
10-05-2007, 01:48 PM
To answer stirsmommy's question... You can just send your answer to the additional question since I did late. No need to resend the entire questionaire. Thanks!!!

robynbird
10-05-2007, 01:52 PM
:psst: i signed up .... don't tell anyone!:shifty:

:rofl:

Your secret is safe with me! ;)

lelvsdgs
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I just sent my questionaire as well. I am so excited as this is my first swap. This will be fun!:happydance:

psammeadred
10-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Count me in as well!

Zebragirlnz
10-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Just sent in my answers! So count me in! Getting excited already! Can't wait to get started!

threesmom
10-05-2007, 03:40 PM
oh why not? I haven't even gotten a box for the fall swap yet, but I'm all over this one! I'll send in my info asap!! Thanks astonh!!

Samsam
10-05-2007, 03:51 PM
YAY.
I want to do another swap, since the last one went soooo well :heart:

Count me in! I'll fill out the questionaire once I decide on things =)

efooey
10-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I'd like to join! I'll get to the survery soon!

E
(Horray, my first swap!)

knitncook
10-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I am so in!! Altough I think Heather figured that much because she sent me a questionaire this morning before I ever saw that there was a swap! :roflhard: I can't wait to get started. I'm thinking of a rainbow of various possibilities!!

knitting4-2girls
10-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I want to play!! I want to play!!! I will send in my questionaire soon. I just have to think a little bit about the answers. No spontaneous bone in my body!! :)

Mulderknitter
10-05-2007, 05:53 PM
:muah:I can't say how happy I am that people have responded to my idea! I originally had thought of a secret santa, but AstonH is so smart she changed it to a winter theme to not exclude anyone, and took over and made it so wonderful! I can't wait to get started!
I wanted to start looking today but I guess I have to wait to get a partner first!:woohoo:

ADAllen
10-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I think I may sit this one out :( I'm going to spend a lot of time out of state during this swap, but I don't know when yet. Maybe if I can work it out so I'll know before the end of October, I'll join in. But as I right now, I'd only be able to promise to be the mysteriously disappearing swapper who fails to return e-mails.

I'm still gonna lurk and see all the goodies you guys get though ;)

angel4ever
10-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I definitely enjoyed the last swap. I would love to join this one.

ETA: I've answered and emailed my swap questionnaire.

rorygilmore
10-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I want in!

itsjustmeghan
10-05-2007, 09:17 PM
i'm in!!!

kaytee
10-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm in also!!!! My first swap! How exciting. I'll send my questionaire in tonight. Let's do this! :woot:

knitgal
10-05-2007, 11:41 PM
This is my first swap! I sent my questionnaire and I'm already cooking up some ideas....

Foxyie
10-05-2007, 11:47 PM
ooh more shopping :cheering: i'll have to be in on this one too!

momwolf
10-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm in, just sent in questionnaire

msmelody
10-06-2007, 03:19 AM
I am in too. I get to shop for knitting things. This is great.

Hurry up and give me my person, so I can start thinking of idea.:out:

rorygilmore
10-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I cant wait to find out who my swap person is! I'm saving a skein of yarn to dye, just for them!:woohoo:

astonh
10-06-2007, 10:12 AM
The questionnaires are piling in! This is SO exciting. I've got a bday party I have to do today for a 1 yr old (Fun, I know) and I have guests coming in but rest assured that I'll get your confirmation emails out to you all asap!

robynbird
10-06-2007, 11:19 AM
This is so fun! I love a good swap! :)

Mulderknitter
10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
How do I put the swap picture in my signature?:pout:

toomuch
10-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I just heard about this today....what a great idea! I'll be sending my answers in today.
Julie

isabeau
10-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm in -- and not sure whether to be excited or nervous ;) -- but for some reason, emails from me tend to get lost in spam filters. (I'm not spam, really! *gnaws on fingers just to make sure*)

knitncook
10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
You can do it through your User CP, click on edit signature. Then go down and add it like you would a picture into a message (click the little mountainscape in the tools area).

Mulderknitter
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
did it work?:shrug:

astonh
10-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Yup! :thumbsup:

clb1968
10-08-2007, 04:05 PM
I'll have to check into my money and see if I can afford to swap this time around.
I have had so much fun on the last 2 swaps.

Samsam
10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm so excited!
I think I'll ask my friend if she wants to do it too. She had lots of fun helping me wrap the last one :) or she could just help me cram everything again!

knitting4-2girls
10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Just sent in my answers. Yeah!!! I am so excited!!

ChrissyB
10-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm in I'm in!!! I missed the signup date on the last one. :cheering:

meearnol
10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm in too! I love swaps. :)

lucky_alf2
10-08-2007, 11:54 PM
:woohoo:Yipee!! I'm in!! Can't wait!!:woohoo:

threesmom
10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
:cheering:Yay! I got the email my questionaire was recieved! I can't wait! :cheering:

cftwo
10-12-2007, 01:53 PM
I just sent in my questionnaire!

reetz
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll play. Looking forward to it...I am new to the forum and of course this is my first time to play swap. I have sent you an email with the answers. thanks.

astonh
10-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Just a quick update... If you have submitted your questionaire for the swap but have NOT received your confirmation email DO NOT FRET... I got a little twisted going between two systems and have some of my emails from you at home on the other system and I keep forgetting to (1) transfer them to my laptop and/or (2) respond from the home system. I WILL get your confirmations out to you this week.

Thank you for your patience.

reetz
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
was wondering about the comfirmation reply as I haven't heard yet!!

SherKnit
10-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Just sent my questionnaire! This is my first swap with KH. I just did one thru a myspace group.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :cheering:
:woohoo:

Sanibelle
10-15-2007, 04:01 PM
I just PM'd you my questionaire.

Yeah!!!! Another swap!!!

jeanius80
10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
i am so excited!
:shifty: i picked up some wintery drink mixes.. you know.. just in case my swapper might like those things ;)

astonh
10-15-2007, 04:57 PM
LOL... Jeanius80 you are NOT alone on that front. LOL... I've not asigned partners yet and I'm already shopping for goodies. I just can't help myself!

rorygilmore
10-15-2007, 05:23 PM
I can't wait to begin shopping for my person!

lelvsdgs
10-15-2007, 05:25 PM

Me too! I've restrained myself with the help of my DD but I'm always looking. Plus, excuse to go to my LYS :woohoo:

Mulderknitter
10-15-2007, 05:44 PM
me 3! I keep looking at my beads wondering if my swappee will like the colors I have or if I have an excuse to go to the store for more????

meearnol
10-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about this already! I haven't even started thinking about Christmas presents, but I'm all about this swap!

moreyarnplease
10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
:woohoo:I wanna play!

*KnitPixie*
10-15-2007, 06:38 PM
I am sooo excited...I sent in my questionnaire:happydance:

hob
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
i sent my one in but idk if it worked let me know ok?

Mulderknitter
10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
i sent my one in but idk if it worked let me know ok?
hob-I've been following the other swap, I am so glad your post office delivered for you! (I swear, if I get you I will mark the package "official IRS bill" so they deliver~!:yay:

The.Knitter
10-15-2007, 10:15 PM
I e-mailed the form. Could someone tell me please what a swap saviour is? I'm in....

jeanius80
10-15-2007, 11:35 PM
a swap saviour is a person who sends a back up package or gift certificate in case a swapper gets no package or gets an inadequate (for their chosen price range) package (like they get $15 of yarn when they were supposed to get $30)

HTH

hob
10-16-2007, 01:00 AM
hob-I've been following the other swap, I am so glad your post office delivered for you! (I swear, if I get you I will mark the package "official IRS bill" so they deliver~!:yay:
wasnt it such a lovely gift she sent? ....... whhats IRS ? and why would they bill me?

sig
10-16-2007, 07:21 AM
I had just found this thread!! I've send you my questionnaire:woohoo:

astonh
10-16-2007, 10:41 AM
wasnt it such a lovely gift she sent? ....... whhats IRS ? and why would they bill me?

LOL... I saw Mulderknitter writing about the IRS and thought to myself, hob isn't going to know what she's speaking of. We'll just, instead, mark that it is a bill from the Queen. LOL....

FYI...the IRS is an EVIL entity. It takes a chunk of our money every paycheck and holds on to it interest free until the end of the year when, if you are lucky, you get some of it back (again sans interest). TAXES, baby... it's all about TAXES.

reetz
10-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Whew I have been trying to download the winterwonderland logo...hopefully I have it know...I know it was on here somewhere how to do it but couldn't find it.

anxiously waiting.....and wondering who my swap partner will be
:knitting:

reetz
10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
HELP!!! looks like I still don't have it.

knitncook
10-16-2007, 01:44 PM
oh so glad partners haven't been given out. I was so afraid I'd missed some big announcement being away all weekend and well, uh over at Ravelry exploring.

astonh
10-16-2007, 01:57 PM
HELP!!! looks like I still don't have it.

knitncook shares how to make this work on page 5 (about middle of page) on this thread.

Welcome everyone!! We are still taking signups until next Wed. I'll work like a crazy woman after that to get everyone their partners by the 1st of Nov. I'm TRYING to also ensure that you don't get the same people you had in our most recent swap. Not that there is anything wrong with that and I can't make any guarantees, but working to keep things different and better allow for us to meet new people.

If you have not received your confirmation email, please give me a shout. I THINK I have everyone confirmed now but would hate to have missed someone.

Thanks all. I'm so very excited about this swap... new ideas every day!

Carla1019
10-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I can't wait to see who I get. The Arkansas group just found out that one of our LYS is going out of business. I could get some real good deals on a sad note. The lady who owns the store her daughter is chronically ill and she is having more medical troubles right now.

cftwo
10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
FYI...the IRS is an EVIL entity. It takes a chunk of our money every paycheck and holds on to it interest free until the end of the year when, if you are lucky, you get some of it back (again sans interest). TAXES, baby... it's all about TAXES.

They paid me interest when they held up a large correction on my refund for 3 months, though. I hadn't been expecting that. :)

IRS=Internal Revenue Service=Federal Tax collector in the United States. A rather inefficiently-run government bureaucracy. Most of us could rant a lot about this. SOME of the taxes do go to things I approve of, though. Like road repair. And grants for low income college students. And research on AIDS and cancer. I try to remember that while I fill out my tax forms.

Mulderknitter
10-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks guys for clearing up the whole "who is the IRS" business. :zombie:I totally forgot that hob wouldn't know who they were
Astonh-you so rock for putting this together!:woohoo:This is my first swap so I am way way way excited:woot:
I do have a question though: If I signed up for the $25 mark, is that $25 in yarn, or $25 total? I am not so sure with all of my ideas I can stay with just $25 total. I tend to go overboard (in a good way:muah:) with presents I know others will enjoy.

hob
10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
i do that 2!!!

REVS
10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Yay, I just send in my questionaire, too! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
So excited to be joining my first KH swap.

ISE4 (International Scarf Exchange 4) was so much fun, but now it's all KH knitters!

Thank you astonh for organizing! :muah:

astonh
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Because the holidays tend to suck us dry financially, I figured that the price category you sign up for will need to cover, as it did in the most recent swap, the basics (yarn and pattern). Copying Jeanius80 even MORE... (hey that is what you get for hosting such a fantastic swap)you are not required to get enough yarn for a particular project.

I feel that between stitchmarkers/beads, yarn, pattern, and something hot to drink we can pretty quickly meet our price categories. You aren't limited to that however. Knock your socks off BUT PLEASE don't drain your pocketbook on this swap. I want this to be a fun swap but not put a strain on anyone.

Hopefully that answered your question?

astonh
10-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the swap! Let's go SHOPPING!!! The following list of 72 knitters have sent in their questionnaires and are participating in the WWS. Thanks to you all!

*KnitPixie*
Amerielle
angel4ever
AngMacAstonh
aurburnchick
bah
Brandy_M
bree
carla1019
cdjack
cftwo
Chrissyb
efooey
foxyie
gargoylelib
heyKaren
hob
isabeau
itsjustmeghan
Jackie Lim
JamOKnit
Jbird05
jcmom
Jeanius80
jess_hawk
karne

knitgal
knitncook
KnitPrincess
knitting4-2girls
knittynewbie
Lady Violet
LauraD
lelvsdgs
lucky_alf2
madametj
Mare Knitter
Maria2009
Marykz
mdog182
meearnol
momwolf
monzogary

msmelody
MulderKnitter
oneyarn
Papergirl
poochiegram
psammeadred
reetz
REVS
Riss
Robynbird
ronda
rorygilmore
samsam
Sanibelle
Secksiebrat
SherKnit
Sig
spectorkitty
stacyk9
SteveDallas
stirsmommy
Sunny_Singer
The.Knitter
threesmom
toomuch
yarntard

astonh
10-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Just a reminder that sign ups for this swap end in less than a week! Tell your friends, shout it out to your neighbors!

(Please pardon the holiday specific reference here, but...)
"You better watch out. You better not cry. You better not pout I'm telling you why..." The Winter Wonderland Swap will be starting SOOOOON!!!!!!

Welcome to all who have joined. I still have a couple of confirmations to send so, again, don't fret just yet if you haven't heard from me. I promise to contact you very soon.

KnitPrincess
10-18-2007, 12:55 PM
I am so excited I just got my email to say I am in the swap:happydance: Can't wait to get my pal.
I tried to copy the picture of the winter wonderland swap with the snowflake but I just get a url

rorygilmore
10-18-2007, 01:22 PM
If you upload the swap picture to photobucket, it will give you a url. Thats what i did with the Sock KAL.

KnitPrincess
10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
thanks I will have to try that.

bah
10-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm in (email sent!) and now that I have 1 swap under my belt I'll do better. I felt like I was lazy on the last one!

gargoylelib
10-19-2007, 01:19 AM
*sigh* I told myself I would stay out of this swap but then
I finalized my trip to the U.S. and am gonna be there until
Dec 7 so I decided I had to sign up....easier shipping for me!
:) The only thing is, to make things nice and confusing for
my partner, before Dec 7 they can ship to me in the
States, but after it will need to be shipped to me in Finland.
Hope no one minds!! Just sent my questionnaire!
I have no willpower especially since the last swap was so
much fun!!

Libbie :)

astonh
10-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey gang! We are up to 58 participants thus far. All confirmations SHOULD be sent. If you haven't received yours, PLEASE let me know. I want to be sure I dont' miss anyone!

I also would like to take just a bit and thank all of you, not only for joining in on what I hope to be a wonderful "Winter Wonderland" swap but also for all of you that are so flexible in your answers regarding the focus of your swap, your price & shipping categories as well as the number of you open to being a "swap savior". Having participated in a non-KH swap recently where I was in need of a "swap angel" I can say from experience that the recipient is VERY thankful for people like you who are willing to help out in a time of need. I'm hoping that we'll have no need for any of you to be a "swap savior" but I DO thank you for your willingness to be one.

Only a few more days and then Ii'll be working like a crazy woman trying to get partners matched and sent out to you all by the Nov 1 deadline.

spectorkitty
10-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I hadn't checked this in awhile so just saw the swap. I'd like to join, and sent you an email through KH.

knitncook
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm trying so hard to be patient. I have to wait until after the 24th to get my partner? :hair: I think this is almost as bad as being patient for the last swap packages to arrive!! Oh my oh my! OK, a few more days, right?

*KnitPixie*
10-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I am so excited I just got my email to say I am in the swap:happydance: Can't wait to get my pal.

YAY! You joined I am so happy:woot:HAHA I talked you into it:teehee:

Maria2009
10-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I just signed up here today but i would love to join this one if there is any chance:)

Mulderknitter
10-19-2007, 09:28 PM
I just signed up here today but i would love to join this one if there is any chance:)

Wooo hoo! a new addict!:woohoo:Welcome to KH and welcome to the swap! I have been a member of KH for almost 2 yrs and never have done a swap, so all old and young mbrs alike are welcome to have fun!:muah:Our dear
AstonH is awesome, in that she hasn't been knitting for so long but has gotten the "bug" and is flying with it! Have fun and enjoy new addict!:clink:

angel4ever
10-19-2007, 09:32 PM

Welcome, welcome! :waving: Glad to see that you have signed up. You are going to enjoy this forum and the people!

Maria2009
10-20-2007, 06:06 AM
thank you so much,I love to knit and i can't seams to stop,my Mil is a pro knitter but she does not live near me so I'm trying teach my self to knit and it's doing ok:)Righ now I'm making a shrug for my 6 almost 7 years old girl and then i will sew her a skirt and shirt to match:)

Amerielle
10-20-2007, 12:49 PM
I would like to join in too! I am actually not new here, this is just the new name I am going by. I'm trying to switch all of my online stuff to the same name since it was getting to be a problem remembering who I am at different sites! :rofl: If memory serves, I used to be CountryCrafter here.

This will be my first swap here at KnittingHelp and it sounds like fun!

Maria2009
10-21-2007, 08:00 AM
I have sent my questionaire,I hope i will be in:)

AngMac
10-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi! I am new to KH. I would love to join in on this fun swap.

knitgal
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I can't wait until I get my partner! I have been brainstorming on ideas. I've never been in a swap, so I'm not actually sure what I should be doing for my partner. I love the idea of gift giving. I find it so satisfying to give someone something that you think they'll really like. It's just SO heartwarming!

Jackie Lim
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I have send in my questionaire. would love to be in the fun too.
Cheers, J

Secksiebrat
10-22-2007, 12:27 AM
I didn't see my mom's name on the list and she sent her questionnaire to you on the 9th of October. I resent it. Her name is jbird05! Let me know if you have any problems or don't receive it. I want to make sure she gets in. She doesn't check the boards often. She'd rather be knitting :teehee:

~danielle~

jeanius80
10-22-2007, 12:52 AM
just a thought, to help make everyone a little more accountable, maybe you should have to contact your receiver at least once a week.

gargoylelib
10-22-2007, 01:33 AM
just a thought, to help make everyone a little more accountable, maybe you should have to contact your receiver at least once a week.

That's a good idea! I didn't have any problems with
communication in the last swap, had great partners
both ways! I did feel sorry for those who were just
sort of left hanging with no real idea if their partner
was participating or what. I will definitely commit
to sending a message to my partner at least once
a week!

jeanius80
10-22-2007, 02:48 AM
me too ;)

threesmom
10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
yup. me too!:cheering:

I can't wait for this to get started! One of my sort of local ys is having a big sale!!

rorygilmore
10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Only two more days until sign ups are over!!

astonh
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I just received, this weekend, the additional questionnaires and will be adding these individuals to the participant list on page 9...

Amerielle
AngMac
Jackie Lim
Jbird05
monzogary

As for contact within the swap, jeanius80, YES, I was going to mention that when I assigned partners. I had no problems with it in your swap, but apparently some have. It is only four weeks. That is only four emails you need to send. Good grief, I post more than that in a day. eeek.

lelvsdgs
10-22-2007, 11:50 AM
I think this is a great idea! This is my first swap and I think it would make me feel better to have some contact. I vote for this!:happydance:

toomuch
10-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I vote for contact too. This way I can find out more about their likes and interest and feel sure I'm getting things they'll like.
Julie

Maria2009
10-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I vote for contact too. This way I can find out more about their likes and interest and feel sure I'm getting things they'll like.
Julie

I second that:):thumbsup:

mare-nitt
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
I just sent my completed questionaire. :woot:

I also think the contact once a week is a good idea.

madametj
10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
consider me an 11th hour swapper, i just sent you my questionare (however you spell it:teehee:)

jess_hawk
10-22-2007, 06:55 PM
OOOO a swap I can actually participate in!!! I'll send my pm momentarily.

astonh
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
WOW! We are up to 67 participants on this swap thus far! Thank you all for joining. :muah:

There is less than a day left to sign-up so tell all your KH friends to hurry on over and send in thier questionnaires (cause we all know they will be sorry if they miss out on this fun!).

Couple of reminders/rules I wanted to hit on...
1) price category you signed up for is meant to include yarn, pattern, stitchmarker (or beads), and something hot to drink. You do NOT need to knit anything for this swap and you are NOT required to send enough yarn for a particular project. This price category does NOT include shipping. (I think everyone already knows that, but I just wanted to be sure to note that.)

2) After much thought and all you guys' input, the following "rule" has been added... Contact AT LEAST 3 TIMES during the swap IS REQUIRED with your swap partner, with ONCE A WEEK HIGHLY DESIRED. That is, at most, four emails we are asking that you send to your partner. I wanted to "require" once a week period, but I don't want to be a complete Scrooge. I WILL however, require for this swap that you contact your partner at least 3 times. Recommended MININUM contact would be a (1) hello (2) general contact (3) package coming. You can do this via a secret identity/email and/or via PMing me and I can forward on the message(s). Not only will this contact enable us to feel "loved" but will enable us to better get to know one another.

Okay, enough with the rules. Let's have FUN!!!! Remember, sign-ups end VERY SOON!!! Partner assignments are not far behind. I know many of you are :tap: impatiently waiting for your partners... I'll hurry. I promise.

Thanks again everyone!

Sanibelle
10-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey AstonH -

I just wanted to let you know I think you are doing a great job with this and I really appreciate all the time and effort you are putting in to it.

This is going to be a great swap!

AngMac
10-23-2007, 02:27 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/signs064.gif Thanks for all of your hard work. I can't wait for the fun to begin. :woot:

hob
10-23-2007, 03:33 PM
astonh me 2 , u are so sweet. whoo whoo can i start shoping yet?

Samsam
10-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Yay. My bff is going to join! I just sent her the info and she should be signing up soon. :balloons: She helped me with the last one, it's her time to take part!

jess_hawk
10-24-2007, 12:46 AM
:tap:are our partners ready yet? :poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

LOL JKJKJK I know we'll get them as soon as you have them ready. :thumbsup:

But we're still all waiting semi-patiently....:poke:

mdog182
10-24-2007, 01:08 AM
i just sent my questionaire...hopefully i made it in time!!! this would be my first swap and i'm excited!

threesmom
10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Good luck with all that pairing up, Ashtonh! Huge job, but you're doing a wonderful job so far! Here's a :hug: for support - I'm getting so excited!

astonh
10-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Hear ye! Hear ye!:woot::woot: Pairings have begun!!! Yes, it is a bit daunting with shipping/cost categories/allergies vs what you have/holiday specific vs winter wonterland, BUT hopefully I'll have this done and your partners sent to you BEFORE the Nov 1st deadline. I'm not making promises on that, but I will TRY very hard to get these partners out to you sooner. I know you are all itching to get started with the fun.

That said, if you know of some people who want to join, I will continue to take questionnaires throughout the day (even numbers allowing... cause I wanna play too if I can:)).

robynbird
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
:woot:

Maria2009
10-24-2007, 01:23 PM
waiting waiting and I'm trying to wait but it's very hard!

*KnitPixie*
10-24-2007, 04:20 PM
WOOHHOOO!!:cheering:Thank you Astonh for all the time and effort you are putting into this swap for us:muah:Dont' kill yourself rushing to pair us up either! All of us knitters will TRY to wait patiently, right guys and gals?!:teehee:hehe

astonh
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
....All of us knitters will TRY to wait patiently, right guys and gals?!:teehee:hehe

Liar, liar pants on fire... JK. I've got about a third of the group with partners. If the larger groups go as smoothly as the smaller groups, I would expect to be emailing you guys your partners by this weekend.

Don't hold it in....:woot: I know you would all love that... having your partners 4+days early. I know I can barely wait to get shopping for my partner and I don't know yet who I have or what he/she likes... So see, I'm not doing this for YOU. Me, myself and I want to get started on the FUN. LOL....

Riss
10-24-2007, 05:04 PM
I just sent in my questionaire... Hope I'm not too late! Talk about a last minute decision huh? :D

hob
10-24-2007, 07:59 PM
astonh are u trying to pair ppl whi have the same hoilday? coz i dont mind geting some onw with a diffrent hoilday to me. i think that could be quite good. eather way ........... soon right?lol

yarntard
10-24-2007, 10:40 PM
I just filled out the questionaire Samsam sent me. I heart her:heart:! This will be my first swap. I'm so excited and I can't wait!:woohoo:

Samsam
10-25-2007, 06:08 AM
Yayyyyy My yarntad x33

ChrissyB
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
:whistle:waiting paitiently to yarn shop.....:whistle: lol.

Astonh- I don't know if it will matter, but you misspelled my KH screen name, you left out the H. (ChrissyB). And thanks so much for doing this, I can't wait to both give and recieve!!!!

astonh
10-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Holy cow. Seventy-one participants for the Winter Wonderland Swap. That is SO exciting. Even MORE exciting would be if someone might convince a friend to join us so we could have an even number for partnering purposes. Hee hee.

My fault. I got some last minute participants and despite needing an EVEN number to make all life easier I just couldn't bring myself to turn away just one so now we are an odd number. That said, if you have a friend who wanted to join but didn't get thier questionnaire in on time, I will take ONE MORE participant to the swap. Should no one else sign up, do not fret. You will all have someone sending you goodies and will have someone to send goodies to.

I'm so very excited to have you all joining us for the KH Winter Wonderland Swap 2007 and would like to extend an extra warm welcome to the many of you who noted this as being your first swap. I hope you have fun!!!

gargoylelib
10-25-2007, 11:06 AM
71 participants! wow! I do not envy you organizing this
swap, astonh but I do soooo appreciate it!! :)

Can't wait to start shopping...ok I confess I've already bought
a couple of things with my swap partner in mind although if
my partner is not into Christmas one of the things will be
staying with me...how sad ;) haha...

Lady Violet
10-25-2007, 02:57 PM
if you still need one more person, i suppose i could convince myself to sign up. :wink:
just let me know.

astonh
10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Lady Violet...While we have a participant that is willing to do two partners (if necessary), we would LOVE LOVE LOVE to TWWWWIIIIIIISSSSTTTT your arm and have you come play with us in this swap!

Thanks for allowing us to "enable" you and for considering playing in the Winter Wonderland with us.

Lady Violet
10-25-2007, 03:22 PM
HTH! :roflhard:

i wasn't going to sign up because of all the christmas yarn i already have to buy, but i know it will be a ton of fun and build a sense of community. (did i just say that? :eyes: ) now i guess i really do need to get that *ahem* budget thing figured out. :wink:

here we go! :woohoo:

Samsam
10-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Yay!!! I'm so glad you're signing up lady violet!!

Mulderknitter
10-25-2007, 06:23 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:
I am so excited! :poke: :poke: Can I get my swapee soon? I am so anxious to get started! (ok i did make a set of stitch markers hoping my swapee likes the colors.... that's all so far... I swear)

stirsmommy
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
So does anyone else keep checking their email just in case your swappee's name is there? I am such a nut job but I want to start planning and shopping and shopping.

threesmom
10-25-2007, 09:23 PM
ummm - yes, I too am guilty of checking my email ....:aww:

cdjack
10-25-2007, 09:23 PM
You too?
Good, I'm not the only one.
I told my DH all about the swap and how excited I was about it. All he said when I finished was, "I don't get it. Why don't you just go and buy your own yarn". :wall:

threesmom
10-25-2007, 09:26 PM
no - they don't get it! My dh asked me the same thing, and is just generally perplexed by my excitment over getting and sending boxes of yarn. Perhaps it is the estrogen ....

stirsmommy
10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
You too?
I told my DH all about the swap and how excited I was about it. All he said when I finished was, "I don't get it. Why don't you just go and buy your own yarn". :wall:

You know I get asked that too. All I can come with is that is so nice to have someone who shares your passion and know what all it entails find the perfect gift for you. And as for finding something wonderful for someone else who swoons at yarn porn it is just rush. I guess for me yarn shopping is like skydiving!

Jackie Lim
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
It is the process that i enjoy and the surprise that is waiting for me.

isabeau
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
You too?

... :doh:

Because it wouldn't be as fun that way :teehee:

I haven't told anyone IRL about the swap thing because ... well, none of the people I know are knitters, and I had a hard enough time explaining why I wanted to learn how to make socks. (My mom's reaction was "But they're so cheap to buy!" :wall: ) But really... it's partly the surprise factor (if I buy yarn for myself, I know what I'm getting, so there isn't the "omg unexpected item squee" thing; partly the ... availability? ... factor, in that other people might have access to yarns I don't, or might select yarns I wouldn't have considered; and partly the fact that an item tends to be more happymaking when it's received as a gift, so even if you get something in the swap that you might have gotten for yourself, it's better for being picked out by someone else, plus there's the additional fun of doing the same thing to someone else.

Also, it's fun. Did I mention that yet? ;)

bree
10-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Well who doesn't like getting packages in the mail? I get excited waiting for a package that I've ordered myself, lol. And I know what I'm expecting! Sending and receiving a surprise package just makes it so much more fun.

Lady Violet
10-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Yay!!! I'm so glad you're signing up lady violet!!

so am i! :happydance:
i actually posted that right before i left the house so i didn't get a chance to email my questionaire. i am about to do that right now, astonh, so don't fret. :wink:

Lady Violet
10-25-2007, 11:37 PM
i just sent it in. sorry some of the answers are kind of long. i guess questionnaires aren't something i should fill out after 11 at night. :eyes:

gargoylelib
10-26-2007, 01:47 AM
You too?
Yep, my dh said almost the same thing to me when I signed up!
I told him since I was going to the States and could mail it from
there the higher shipping wouldn't be a problem (he complained
in the last swap) and he said "but you'll be buying yarn youself
while there...what's the point?" *sigh* Men....you can't live
with them and...whatever :lol:

knitncook
10-26-2007, 09:36 AM
OK, why do you need even numbers to make the swap work? I'd make a list of the names and then put all the names on little slips of paper and then just draw names (for each level) OR you could just do a "round robin" 1 sends to 2, 2 sends to 3, 3 sends to 4, f sends to 5, etc until you get to the last number and that person sends to 1. Or are the two people sending to each other? That wouldn't be much of a surprise LOL!

astonh
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Lady Violet...got your questionnaire! Thank you again for joining us.

I don't guess you HAVE to have even numbers for a swap but it, for me anyway, makes it much easier.

As for just round robin matching or the other methods knitncook mentioned, the problem arises in that you have people willing to ship, within each price category, to different locations or not open to shipping to certain areas. Additionally, you have the whole allergies thing to work around AND I added the extra component (which hasn't proven to be difficult on this swap like I thought it might due to all you guys' wonderful flexibility) of being able to be holiday specific if you wanted. Just lots of little things that have to be carefully matched so everyone is getting the best possible match. Oh, and I'm also trying to ensure that no one who participated in the Surprise theme Swap gets their same partner combos. (I like to make things difficult. LOL)

ALL questionnaires have been received and I'm working on partners. I'll post a message here when they are being emailed out to you and another message when they have ALL been sent. That will allow you to know (1)when to start stalking your emailbox and (2) you will know when to give me a shout if you don't have yours...PLEASE be sure to check your spam emails and bulk emails first though.

Okay, well I'd love to stay and chat here with yens but I've got partners to match so we can all start having F U N !!!!:out:

reetz
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Haven';t been on the forum for a few days so catching up with everyones comments was great. Sure has made me excited to get my person to shop for.:woohoo:
WOW!!! this weekend maybe the start!. As a newbie could you fill us in with ideas again. I mean we can't send yarn for a whole sweater so guess it is for hats and gloves....any suggestions would be appreciated.:knitting:

cftwo
10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
reetz - I loved the yarns I got in my last swap. Even if it was just enough for a scarf with each yarn, I was able to try out something new and see how that yarn knit up. So just go and choose something pretty that will make a hat or a scarf or gloves and your swappee will just love it.

Lady Violet
10-26-2007, 01:31 PM
OK, why do you need even numbers to make the swap work?

that's an easy one. she needed even numbers so i could convince myself that i needed to sign up! :teehee:

astonh
10-26-2007, 01:37 PM
:teehee: THAT is EXACTLY right! And we are SOOO very happy you did join us.

astonh
10-26-2007, 02:30 PM
:woot: I'm so excited I could almost pee my pants...or maybe it is just all the coffee I've had today finally hitting me.... Either way, I just wanted to tell you all that you MIGHT want to start watching your emails!

THAT'S RIGHT! PARTNERS ARE BEING SENT!!!

I hope, hope, hope that I got everyone paired with someone that they (1) didn't have in the previous swap if this isn't their first swap and (2) that matches appropriately with your shipping/allergy areas.

Please be sure to review the swap theme/guidelines noted on the very first post of this thread as well as the additional "rules/reminders" noted on page 12 of this thread.

It will take me a bit to get all your swap stuff emailed out, but I'll move as quickly as possible (hey, I'm WAY ahead of my Nov 1 deadline... now if I just had the same dedication to my "real" job... shhhh...don't tell the boss.).

Hope you all have a wonderful swap and I thank you all again for joining the Winter Wonderland Swap here on KH!

jess_hawk
10-26-2007, 02:42 PM
:woot: I'm so excited, can't wait to get my partner!!!!:happydance: :cheering: :yay: :woohoo: cloud9 :notworthy: :clink: :violin:

(OK so I just liked the violin smashing...):)

stirsmommy
10-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Pee later, email now! JK well sort of. I am so excited too. You are doing an awesome job Heather.

robynbird
10-26-2007, 03:14 PM
WOW!!! You are super fast! :):cheering:

AngMac
10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
:teehee: I've got my partner. :yay: I am going to the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Fest in Va this weekend cloud9 and I can't wait to get my shopping done for my partner. :woot:

Thanks Heather for doing such a great job with the Swap! :happydance: This is going to be so much fun and I really need something fun to focus on right now since my Mom passed away last month.

Mulderknitter
10-26-2007, 03:32 PM
:woohoo: Now to stalk the emailbox!

stirsmommy
10-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Ok Heather can go potty now. I have my partner. OOOOOOOhhhh I am so pscyched!

robynbird
10-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I"m so sorry to hear about your mom :hug:
:teehee: I've got my partner. :yay: I am going to the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Fest in Va this weekend cloud9 and I can't wait to get my shopping done for my partner. :woot:

Thanks Heather for doing such a great job with the Swap! :happydance: This is going to be so much fun and I really need something fun to focus on right now since my Mom passed away last month.

astonh
10-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Ok Heather can go potty now. I have my partner. OOOOOOOhhhh I am so pscyched!

LOL... You saw where I made mention of that in my email to you, huh? LOL... How do I spell relief? T O I L E T. Sorry... that was kind of gross but you just don't understand how badly I needed to go but I had to get Stirsmommy's partner mailed out first. :roflhard:

Carla1019
10-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I got my Yarn swapy.. I know you don't know who I got but I :heart: :heart: who you are... Great match.. I am so excited... We love so much of the same thing. This is going to be so much fun.:yay: :woot: :cheering:

Jeanies_Santa
10-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Ooohh! I am so excited! I got my partner jeanius80 and i've sent her a PM!!

Happy HOlidays!! :)

JamOKnit
10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
{leaving work early to go home and check email.....shhhhh} :)

Mulderknitter
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
:?? Ooohh! I am so excited! I got my partner jeanius80 and i've sent her a PM!!

Happy HOlidays!! :)
Isn't this supposed to be secret?:shrug:

astonh
10-26-2007, 04:57 PM
If you look at who posted that you'll see that it is a "Secret Identity" KH ID name. The person's REAL KH name is NOT Jeanie's_Santa. hee ee..

Jeanius80's swapper is being sneaky already. LOL...

threesmom
10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
:??
Isn't this supposed to be secret?:shrug:

It is! Someone is being sneaky and created a secret ID here! I like the idea, but it wasn't me ....
But I did get my partner!! :cheering: And she likes .... YARN! :psst: and this is her first swap ...

Nice job, heather! and your ..um.. support of my previous swap experience made me giggle!:teehee: Thank you!

Lady Violet
10-26-2007, 05:01 PM
oh my. looks like i'm in with the professionals. :shock:

:teehee:

AngMac
10-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Ooooo.. secret identies. How sneaky and fun! :yay:

stirsmommy
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
It is! Someone is being sneaky and created a secret ID here! I like the idea, but it wasn't me ....
But I did get my partner!! :cheering: And she likes .... YARN! :psst: and this is her first swap ...

Nice job, heather! and your ..um.. support of my previous swap experience made me giggle!:teehee: Thank you!

Now isn't that a coincidence, my swappee likes yarn too and it is her first swap. Hey we didn't get the same person did we???

Mulderknitter
10-26-2007, 05:22 PM
I got mine too:woohoo: thanks AstonH! you rock!:woot:
:psst: Dont tell but my swapee likes yarn too!

astonh
10-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Okay, I can already hear 1/2 of you beginning to chant, as Bill Cosby stated in one of his comic routines, "The BEATINGS will NOW BEGIN!" :!!!:

I've GOT to get a little more work done and then head home for the day. I've only got about 1/2 of you emailed thus far. Those who have not yet received your partner. I WILL get this out to you tonight/tomorrow. I'm SOOO VERY SORRY I was unable to get them ALL emailed out to you before day's end.

OOOOPS... so I got a little highlighter happy and now, without going through ALL the profiles (please don't make me), I don't recall those that were open to any $ category. I wanted to email you and let you know which one I ended up needing/putting you in. If you would not mind zapping me a note to let me know who you were so I can tell you where you ended up. I WILL TRY to go through the profiles to do this but your kindness in letting me know it was you would save me much time. Thx and I apologize for my little foopah on that.

Oh...and threesmom, a little snowman (or snowwoman) told me to tell you that they have your name, they know where you live and they CAN'T WAIT to get started shopping for you. :wink: Just wanted to pass on that little tidbit of info!

AngMac's Holiday Angel
10-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Wahoo!!! I can't wait to start spoiling. I got my partner - AngMac - and guess what? She likes yarn too!!!! I'm soooo excited.

jeanius80
10-26-2007, 06:12 PM
yay! i have a secret santa! Whoot! :yay:

off to answer my secret message! :)

JamOKnit
10-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow! Can you believe it? My swapee likes yarn too.... LOL :mrgreen:
Note to my swapper....I do too. :roflhard:

AngMac
10-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Hmmm... how weird that almost everyone likes yarn... I wonder why that is??? http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/hahaha-024.gif

Oh and yeah I am so excited my partner contacted me. :woot: AngMac's Holiday Angel is a very covert secret identity. ;) :muah:

angel4ever
10-26-2007, 07:10 PM
I got my partner. I begin my shopping next week!
I actually have been eyeing things for a few days. So I have an idea what to get.

knitgal
10-26-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't have my partner yet, but I've already bought them two things. I couldn't help it, I just liked the stuff and they're things that any knitter would like (I think). And like someone else said, if I don't think they'll like it, I'll keep it!

auburnchick
10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi y'all! I've been rather quiet, but I'm here! School has kept me so doggone busy, that I had to catch up on all of the posts!

Since I'm a first-time swapper, I appreciate all of the good ideas. Question, though. How do you send an email if your email name matches your KH name, and you don't want to be identified?

I want to let my partner know that a messenger delivered her name to my door today! :happydance:

Now I'll have to put on my thinking cap...

stirsmommy
10-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi y'all! I've been rather quiet, but I'm here! School has kept me so doggone busy, that I had to catch up on all of the posts!

Since I'm a first-time swapper, I appreciate all of the good ideas. Question, though. How do you send an email if your email name matches your KH name, and you don't want to be identified?

I want to let my partner know that a messenger delivered her name to my door today! :happydance:

Now I'll have to put on my thinking cap...

You can set up a bogus email on yahoo or gmail and only use it for swapping. That is what I did for the last one and I also have one for KH pm's. That way you can be super sneaky. Just don't sign you name like I nearly did last time.

stirsmommy
10-26-2007, 08:04 PM
OK So I have sent a message to my swappee when is she going to write me back?:tap: Yep I am worse than a kid at Christmas. I want it all now!!! But even with out the extra info I have asked her I am already shopping. :woot: I love shopping for yarn for someone else. It doesn't seem nearly so guilty if you do it for someone else.

auburnchick
10-26-2007, 08:16 PM
:doh:

One would think, being the IT specialist that I am, that I would have thought of that. Duh!!!

Thank you! I'm off to prepare being sneaky!!! Of course, I've been married way long enough that I should have this down pat. :teehee:

rorygilmore
10-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Woohoo! I know who my swapper is!!! I don't think I will reveal myself until after I send my package out. Now I'm off to email my swapper!

bree
10-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Yay! I've got my partner and now I can start shopping! Thank you astonh for doing such a great job organizing this. This is going to be fun!

sly
10-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Oh swappe...what shall I get thee?

Amerielle
10-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah! I have my swapper and my swappee! Let the fun begin!

Goofy Knitter
10-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Yes, thank you, Ashton, for organizing this swap! What fun!

lelvsdgs
10-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Trying to be patient.... no partner yet... must go shopping...
:drool:

Ashton, you are doing a fantastic job! I can't belive how well you've organized this thing... excellent

knitgal
10-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I have checked my email every 30 minutes for the last 3 hours...I think I have a problem. I'm wayyyy too excited about this!

hob
10-26-2007, 10:12 PM
i know the person i got and i sent a emai this is going to be so much fun.... i am thinking for you now.

lelvsdgs
10-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I have checked my email every 30 minutes for the last 3 hours...I think I have a problem. I'm wayyyy too excited about this!
Me too! Me too!:nails:

Foxyie
10-27-2007, 12:09 AM
thankfully i checked here and seen partners were emailed! doing my usual deleting of spam i passed over the email because i didn't recognize the name, and didn't look at the subject! :doh:

a little trip to my trash box fixed that :teehee: ..so now i'm all set!

i even heard from my swapper already!
let the shopping begin! :cheering:

gargoylelib
10-27-2007, 02:54 AM
I got my swappee so let the shopping begin! :cheering:

The.Knitter
10-27-2007, 04:05 AM
I agree with the others. Astonh you have done a wonderful job. Look at all the excited people from all over this great land that are now planning and shopping and mailing and watching for the mailman. This actually has me more excited than Christmas this year. Wow, I admitted that out loud.... Once again, Astonh, thank you so much for all the time and care you have put into this wonderful event.

I know my swappee is and have learned about that person. Now I am planning a trip to the knitting store. Ohhhh I am so excited. This is going to be so much fun!!! I only wish I could be a fly on the wall when this person opens their package. I don't know who my swapper is, but I'm sure I'll hear soon.

Let the fun begin!

Maria2009
10-27-2007, 06:50 AM
I got email from my partner yesterday,I'm so happy and i can't wait to know my partner better so i can start shopping:)

Astonh thank you so much for this swap,you are doing amazing job:)

knitgal
10-27-2007, 07:34 AM
I couldn't sleep this morning, partially because I have a cold and partially because I wanted to check my email and see if I have a swap patner yet...so far nothing... swear I'm being patient, but it's killing me!

msmelody
10-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Still waiting for my swapee:poke: :tap: :tap: :tap: :tap: :tap:

toomuch
10-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Thank you! I have my swapee. Now after reading her responses to the questions I have lots of my own questions to ask, but I'm "hung up" on if I should stay secret or not. Being new to the board and not posting much, makes me think it wouldn't matter either way. But I do think I'll be sneaky with yall..;) This is so much fun!

knitncook
10-27-2007, 08:42 AM
As for just round robin matching or the other methods knitncook mentioned, the problem arises in that you have people willing to ship, within each price category, to different locations or not open to shipping to certain areas. Additionally, you have the whole allergies thing to work around AND I added the extra component (which hasn't proven to be difficult on this swap like I thought it might due to all you guys' wonderful flexibility) of being able to be holiday specific if you wanted. Just lots of little things that have to be carefully matched so everyone is getting the best possible match.

Please know I wasn't criticising and I am sure I over simplified it. I forgot about all the allergy issues and foreign post offices and all the other variables. I'm only patiently waiting for my partner because I can't be here today clicking refresh 100 times a minute since we are off to go "play" medieval (http://www.sca.org) today.

stirsmommy
10-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Now that we are starting to get our partners names we better start looking at our spam and checking for pm's so we don't miss a message from our partners. I know I nearly missed a message from my partner in the last swap because I didn't recognize the email. That would have been awful for me and worse for my swapper who would have wondered why I didn't write back. Oh and another tip is try to remember your secret identity. I had to reset the password on mine last time because I had made it to difficult for myself.:aww: Now it is second nature I just have to check that email site.
I am so excited to see how much fun everyone is already having. Great job astonH!

reetz
10-27-2007, 11:01 AM
yeah! I have my swapper...off to start shopping...oh what fun

knitgal
10-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm going crazy waiting, so I'm trying to distract myself with laundry and dishes. I will probably have to wait until tomorrow because I'm going away overnight....I just can't wait!

LauraD
10-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I heard from my Swapper yesterday:-) Now I just need my Swappee...so I can SHOP!!! Is it wrong that I already bought a few things...

ChristinaKnits
10-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I have heard from my Pal but so far I don't have mine..still waiting very impatiently...this is so fun!!!!!!!!:woot:

*KnitPixie*
10-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I got my swapee:woot: I am soooo excited:happydance: Thanks Astonh for working so hard for all of us, even if you say you do it for yourself!:teehee:

stirsmommy
10-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Well I haven't heard from my swapper yet but I very excitedly sent a note to my swappee. Now just waiting and waiting to hear from her. I think she may be sleeping in way late since she hasn't written back!! Or maybe she had something like a life to live on a Saturday that didn't involve the swap. Nah that can't be it nothing is more important than this.:rofl:

jess_hawk
10-27-2007, 02:06 PM
as Bill Cosby stated in one of his comic routines, "The BEATINGS will NOW BEGIN!"
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORAL IMPROVES!
:D Had to say it. But it looks like moral is pretty high ATM so I guess the beatings can cease.
I got my swapee yesterday but my laptop is sick so its at the computer doctor (the other option was to drop it out my window, but my dad frowned on that suggestion), so I couldn't party at the time. so now:
:woot: :woohoo: :yay: :cheering: :woohoo: :woot: :muah: cloud9 :woot: :woohoo: :yay: :cheering: :yay: :woot: :woohoo: :woohoo: :inlove::muah: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :woot: :woohoo: :happydance: :muah: :rofl: :thumbsup: :muah: :yay: :cheering: :-P :woohoo: :inlove: :muah: :mrgreen: :cool: :) :happydance: :cheering: :woohoo:

auburnchick
10-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I heard from my swapee too! This is getting fun!!!!

LauraD
10-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Are partners being assigned over the weekend or do we have to wait out the weekend...

Samsam
10-27-2007, 04:35 PM
I got my swappe! Yay.

ChrissyB
10-27-2007, 04:37 PM
This is almost nail biting!!! I think I have checked my email a dozen times in the last 2 days. I got my swapee and can't wait til she replies to my email so the shopping can start!!!!:woot:

Goofy Knitter
10-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Hiya Reetz! I've got YOUR number, and I can say that because this is not my real name!!!!! <cue in Jeopardy "thinking" music>

mare-nitt
10-27-2007, 05:05 PM
I am just waiting to know who to shop for and who will be shopping for me.;)

sly
10-27-2007, 05:57 PM
;)
I've been mailing my person...Poochiegrammy :woot:
maybe that'll make you post on the forum!

auburnchick
10-27-2007, 06:43 PM
YEAH! My partner contacted me!!!! :cheering:

Gosh...I feel like a kid again!

meearnol
10-27-2007, 09:47 PM
...am I the only one who hasn't received their partner's info? I checked my spam and junk folders and rechecked my inbox. I'm getting a little worried...

ChristinaKnits
10-27-2007, 09:54 PM
no, I think there's alot who haven't yet ;)

hob
10-27-2007, 10:06 PM
i sent and got a email back to my person she seems very nice and im going to start looking for things as soon as i finished this post.

madametj
10-27-2007, 10:08 PM
...am I the only one who hasn't received their partner's info? I checked my spam and junk folders and rechecked my inbox. I'm getting a little worried...
nope, i haven't gotten mine yet either :thumbsup:

Lady Violet
10-27-2007, 10:26 PM
me neither. :nails:

knitting4-2girls
10-27-2007, 10:27 PM
I haven't gotten my partner yet either. I was getting worried until I came here tonight.

poochiegrammy
10-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I haven't received mine yet either, however.....

MY Secret Santa has contacted me already...I am so excited .....I'm really a "new" knitter....this will be fun

Sandy:muah:

Jackie Lim
10-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi everyone,
i do not have any infos on my sender and my receiver too.
cant wait for the fun to begins.....

lelvsdgs
10-27-2007, 10:59 PM
I haven't gotten my partner yet either. I was getting worried until I came here tonight.
Me too... glad I am not the only one... sigh...

jeanius80
10-28-2007, 12:26 AM
i have heard from my secret santa but i haven't recieved who i am sending to yet .............

kaytee
10-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Me too... glad I am not the only one... sigh...

I haven't found out who my partner is either, but that's okay. I'm sure I will very soon! :) I haven't even been online this week, work has been sooo busy, plus a couple side jobs. Then it was my moms birthday. Damn, I'm tired. :passedout:

This is going to be soooo fun!

kaytee's swappee
10-28-2007, 12:44 AM
I sent you a private message yesterday...

Secksiebrat
10-28-2007, 01:51 AM
I have heard from the person I am sending my package too! I can't wait to get shopping for her. I haven't heard from the person who has me though!

~danielle~

Maria2009
10-28-2007, 07:39 AM
I have heard from the person that is going to sent to me not the other way around.

stirsmommy
10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
I have heard from the person I am sending too I can't wait to shop for her. I have heard from who has me but maybe with not all of the names out no one has me yet.

LauraD
10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I got my Swapee! WOOHOO! May the spoiling begin!

mare-nitt
10-28-2007, 03:47 PM
I got my swappee too, :woot: . I get to go shopping...........

Sunny's secret
10-28-2007, 03:50 PM
:woot: I got my swapee!

go check your PM box Sunny, and fast! :out:

The.Knitter's secret elf
10-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I can't wait to surprise The.Knitter with all the lovely things I have planned....

The.Knitter
10-28-2007, 04:06 PM
OMG OMG OMG..... this is sooo cool! Now I am really really excited. I was really excited before, but now OMG! My poor hubby just watched me start jumping up and down like a kid. Hey there secret elf, do I have to wait until Christmas day to open my package? Now I can't wait. OMG! OMG! Thanks so much Secret Elf.....

astonh
10-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Can't chat long...have to run an errand but just wanted to let you all know that ALL PARTNERS have been SENT as of a few minutes ago and some of the secret emails I'm passing on have been mailed as well. Sorry for the delay in getting out the second 1/2 of you guys' partners. I got busy playin g in the dirt yesterday.

I'll be on later to laugh/giggle and tease along with you all.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS FUN!

auburnchick
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks for all of your efforts. This is my first swap, and I was a bit nervous. However, y'all have provided such wonderful tips and guidelines that I'm not worried anymore. The enthusiasm here is something to behold. Can we just skip Halloween and Thanksgiving? :teehee:

Samsam
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
:cheering:

msmelody
10-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Got mine today, and get to go shopping tomorrow. My package will be going out in the next week or so because otherwise my swapee would not get it until after the New Year. She will be told not to open it until the correct date. Not that I can blame her if she opens it early.

bah
10-28-2007, 05:29 PM
I've heard from mine and sent my messages out :) Yay!

rorygilmore
10-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Astonh, you have done an awesome job with the swap! Thank you! :muah:

MYPal
10-28-2007, 05:37 PM
:flirt: I'm More Yarn Please's Pal and I've got her name and I'm going shopping and I can't wait!! Neener neener neener and you don't know who I am!!

Samsam
10-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Just heard from my swapper!!! now I can stop stalking my email for today :)