PDA

View Full Version : We have moved but no internet yet...

figaro
10-05-2007, 12:56 PM
We finally moved to our new house but Verizon (:wall::nails::tap::!!!::hair:)will not be there to hook up the internet until Oct. 9th so I thought I would stop in at the library and see what has been happening here. With all the moving and unpacking, I have not been able to knit a lot but I did do a skully washcloth for one of my daughters and the other one wants a butterfly one so that is my current project. Still working on Silver's Palindrome when I am able to just sit with no kids yelling at me. The inlaws are going home tomorrow, they are not a problem with me at all, I just want to be our little family in our new home finally!

So, that is it, not much going on, just readjusting to new schools and a new home. I hope I get the internet back soon!!!:pray:

Jan in CA
10-05-2007, 02:04 PM
It's nice that libraries now have internet for people who need their fix. :teehee: Hope you get all settled in soon! Are you still in NJ?

Knitting_Guy
10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Don't be too surprised if they get it on sooner. They told me 10 days and had it on in about 5.

sugarfunpouch
10-06-2007, 11:46 PM
I love that libraries have computers. My Social Studies teacher let's me use his computer to go on www.howrse.com ! Pretty cool, eh?

dustinac
10-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Moving is so hard...I hope you guys get settled in soon and internet service back faster than they promised...:thumbsup:

figaro
10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Finally!:woohoo: We have internet (obviously!)! Now I have to check out all the boards and see what I missed in my 1 1/2 weeks off the internet...

I forgot to say that my my inlaws also left, finally! They were here fro 5 weeks to help us move but I think they thought it would take longer than it did. My MIL ended up sitting in the sun for a few days (she LOVES to sit in the sun) While they were here, hubby and I were able to go to New York City for a night. We stayed in Times Square and went to see Spamalot (I'm not dead yet) which was hilarious! We walked to The Empire State Building, took a pedi-cab to Central Park and rode in a carriage. The next day, we went through Ripleys Believe It or Not (which was fun but too $$$) and then drove by Ground Zero. We did not eat anywhere great because I did not have the time to do any research but there is always next time!