PDA

View Full Version : Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!

Sajomaro
10-08-2007, 03:14 AM
To all my fellow Canadian's

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I'm thankful for my family, who put up with me leaving yarn all over the house, boring them with my latest knitting mishaps, accosting them with a tape measure or half knit socks to make sure I've got the right size and generally just putting up with me.

What are you thankful for?

knitgal
10-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Yay!! I was just about to make this thread before I saw you already did!
I'm thankful for wonderful family and two thanksgiving dinners and happiness. I love Thanksgiving!

iza
10-08-2007, 12:00 PM
:cheering: Happy thanksgiving! It's not really celebrated here in Quebec, for us it's just a holiday.

However, I'm thankful for my wonderful English-speaking boyfriend who made me discover the traditions of Thanksgiving. :teehee: Sometimes we go in his family (in New Brunswick) to celebrate it, but we couldn't do it this year. :pout: So we'll be just the two of us tonight, but we decided to have a nice dinner, and you can bet he'll have to say what he's thankful for. :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
10-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Enjoy your holiday, I hope it's a good one.

ctmax
10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
I am thankful for my wonderful family. I am also thankful that my sister and I still live in the same city that we grew up in so we have all of our family around us.

Happy Thanksgiving

Krystal
10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Happy Turkey Deliciousness Day! My mom is en route to pick us up right now and I cannot wait. Yum!

I am thankful for my life, my new husband, my family friends... I am thankful for everything and the twists that life throws at us.

They may not always be happy, and I miss those who I lost along the way. But I wouldn't be me, and I wouldn't be where I am right now, without those events, happy and sad, in my life.

:hug:

Denise in Michigan
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Although I'm in the States, I'm thankful for all the Canadian knitters here on KH! (Since I'm in Michigan, watch CBC TV and listen to CBC radio, maybe I could be an honorary Canadian?)

iza
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
:teehee: You also have a maple leaf as your avatar, so it's ok with me Denise! :hug:

knitgal
10-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I think that if you watch and listen to CBC you should definitely be an honorary Canadian! A big part of my childhood was CBC. We're pretty welcoming, so come on over!

Krystal
10-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Although I'm in the States, I'm thankful for all the Canadian knitters here on KH! (Since I'm in Michigan, watch CBC TV and listen to CBC radio, maybe I could be an honorary Canadian?)

Hehe, Denise, I live in border city Windsor, and I always consider myself an honorary American because I grew up on American TV and Radio, and cannot for the life of me understand Celsius, or most Canadian measurements. lol.

:teehee:

Denise in Michigan
10-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Thank you iza, Knitgal, and Krystal! Canadians are such warm, wonderful folks...makes me want to grab my needles and stash and head for the border! :heart:

And yep, I knew instinctively that leaf was for me...grew up with "The Friendly Giant", "Chez Helene", and "Wayne and Shuster"! Today, I love listening to Jurgen Gothe on DiscDrive, watching "Little Mosque on the Prarie", and think David Suzuki is a national treasure! [And congrats on marrying a terrific guy, Krystal (I know he's terrific: he married you!)]