PDA

View Full Version : Silk Yarn Now i'm in trouble

scout52
10-10-2007, 01:23 AM
So I've kind of gone on a yarn buying binge. It started with wanting to start a project and having no yarn and LYS was already closed. So i figured, i need to start a stash. I've bought a bunch of merino wool and merino/alpaca blend in a bunch of colors, and now :

well today i just received 100% silk yarn in airforce blue and kingfisher blue and OMIGOD I think i died and gone to yarn heaven. ITS SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::
I ordered it from ebay seller colormart. Its sooo silky and shiny. I'm in trouble now. Now i have to get the silk in ALL the colors!! I just can't believe how beautiful it is. SOO Much better than the picture. Now what will i knit with it???

willowangel
10-10-2007, 04:23 AM
I love colourmart's yarns - I have so much of their silk (I'm allergic to wool, damnit, cause I love some of their other ones). The man who runs it is so helpful too :-)

Jennmarie68
10-10-2007, 04:28 AM
OMG now I'm gonna have to try some of that too....

I have sooooo much stuff on my wish list.

I e-mailed my mother my KP stash list and I think she fainted... my total W/O any yarn whatsoever was over $1000.... She asked for it though, she said "What do you want for christmas?"

Plus I just joined a co-op, and I want to order one of everything...

I thought knitting was an inexpensive hobby... how wrong I was. My SO hates when I start talking about starting a new project cause he knows there a nice price tag involved....

scout52
10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
yarn buying is so addictive. I already bought some colormart cashmere and cashmere silk blend which i adored but dang when that Silk arrived i just about died. I clicked on their store link and saw all the beautiful colors. Yep i am now going to get some silk in every color.

Luvmyrottnboy
10-10-2007, 02:00 PM
oooooooh both of those colors are absolutely GORGEOUS!

Did yo get the DK weight? What kind of gauge do you get with it? How long does it take to ship?

I 'm on vacation next week and I have a top down sweater idea in my head that would be so pretty in silk!

scout52
10-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Yep i got the DK weight. I haven't done a swatch yet, bc i just got it last night. it took about 5 days to get here after payment. pretty quick considering colormart is in uk and i'm in CA and there was a holiday.

cookworm
10-11-2007, 09:00 AM
I can't find this eBay seller to drool over their yarn! What is their eBay name?

Luvmyrottnboy
10-11-2007, 09:18 AM
I can't find this eBay seller to drool over their yarn! What is their eBay name?

I just googled "coulourmart" and found 'em that way.

Luvmyrottnboy
10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
OK, I caved and bought 2 cones of the "steel blue" DK silk.:happydance:

If I absolutely love it, I will buy more!

Wahlee
10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
You can also buy from direct from Colourmart.com (http://colourmart.com). He usually has a better selection posted there than on eBay. I'm knitting a lace scarf for my aunt from the DK Dark Lavender silk, and I'm in love.

ah
10-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Now I'm going to be in trouble too! I went to the site and want one of everything. Thanks for letting us know about it.