PDA

View Full Version : Oh JessicaR, how you doin' after your surgery?

PurlyGyrl
10-10-2007, 08:45 AM
When you are feeling better and feel more recovered, please let us know how you are doing. Hope things went well! :muah:

JessicaR
10-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Awww, y'all did remember! cloud9 I'm doing ok. I posted on my thread a bit about the recovery. I'm kinda hoping to get out of the house tomorrow. Trying to bribe a friend from work to bring me shopping. I think after the 5 days on the couch I'm ready to venture out for a bit.

Mulderknitter
10-12-2007, 08:45 PM
:muah:I've had the flu for 2 days and had to leave today just to do errands. I can't imagine 5 days on the couch! Hang in there!

Jan in CA
10-12-2007, 11:39 PM
:hug:

sugarfunpouch
10-13-2007, 12:29 AM
:hug: :grphug:

dustinac
10-13-2007, 11:39 AM
:hug:Hope you feel better soon :hug:

auburnchick
10-13-2007, 03:28 PM

JessicaR
10-13-2007, 09:46 PM
:aww:

JessicaR
10-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Today was the scariest day of my life! I woke up this morning like normal, went to the bathroom and was going to sit on the couch and do another "shot" of my pain meds and drink some fluids. All off a sudden something didn't feel right and I grabbed a tissue thinking it was mucus and spit it up. But no, it was blood, and lots of it!

I remember reading anything more then a few teaspoons to go to the ER. Luckily my husband was home and I woke him up screaming "call 911!" He did and got me a bucket as I continued puking up blood until they got there. I have never seen so much blood before.

Went into the ambulance and they transported me to the hospital were the surgery was done, about a 45 minute trip normally. The whole time more and more blood coming out. I'm surprised I didn't pass out, but I never realized how much blood you actually have.

Got to the ER and they set me up on an IV plus stuff for my stomach. They were almost positive I would have to go back into surgery to stop the bleeding but they had me gargle ice water for a bit, and after an hour it stopped the bleeding. I stayed there until I hadn't bled for 4 hours and I was released. So far lost about a pint and a hlaf.

Still haven't had anymore bleeding, but I'm so freaked out I'm going to. Thanks for listening.

PurlyGyrl
10-15-2007, 08:02 AM
OMGosh, Jessica! :hug:Bless your heart! I was hoping that things would so smoothly for you. I'm sorry you had to go back to the ER. Maybe things will be better from now on!

JessicaR
10-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Thank you. I had a friend stay overnight just incase I started to bleed again. Except for a very intense, sharp pain in one particular area, I'm doing ok. My throat is back to the normal color, none of the icky white stuff. Technically since I didn't need surgery to stop the bleeding I haven't taken any "steps back" in my recovery and I hope it continues to heal.

vaknitter
10-15-2007, 10:30 AM
My goodness your recovery sounds rough !! Hope you are feeling better soon.

I never had the numb tongue and thankfully never hemmorrhaged.

Here's to a speedy and less eventful recovery from this point on :thumbsup:

jennylozano
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh my, what a nightmare!!! :oo: I wonder in case you bleed again, will they take you to surgery again? I will have my tonsils remove within one or two months and am trying to have as much information as possible.

Take care and hope you continue recovering just fine! :hug:

JessicaR
10-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Since now I know what I'm dealing with, I'd try and stop the bleeding myself before going into the ER again. Surgery is the last resort if they can't get the bleeding to stop. It puts you back at square one and all the healing you've done so far is gone.

I lost another scab today but still no bleeding. The nurse I talked to today promises I'll start felling better soon :roll: The real key is to keep on constantly drinking fluids. But it's a lot easier said then done. With the pain and swelling it's really hard. I think they should send home a "Fluid Natzie" with everyone to help stay on top of it.

stitchwitch
10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Well poo, I wrote out a post and it didn't go through. Anyway, in a nutshell, sorry you're having such a sucky time of it. Hope things get better soon.:hug:

Mariblue
10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
:hug:That sounds like it would have been really scary. Glad you are ok! And I hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug:

Dangles
10-16-2007, 02:55 AM
:hug: yikes, that trip to the ER what a scary thought. hang in there and get better really soon. :hug:

Songbirdy
10-16-2007, 08:56 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Take care!

Prayers for healing!

Having suffered a massive blood loss myself I can tell you it takes a LONG time to heal from that trauma! If I take my numbers and crunch them down time wise to compare to how much you lost, I'd say you have 4 months of feeling weak from the blood loss.

Prayers you don't loose more! :hug::hug::hug:

JessicaR
10-16-2007, 09:36 PM
This recovery is taking way longer then I thought it would. I knew it was two weeks, but I was thinking one week of down time and one week of limited things. But dang, I haven't done anything, pretty much just slept. And I miss food, really REALLY bad. I see all the adds on the TV with food, especially the Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster and I just want to chuck something at the TV. :!!!:It's torture I tell you!!!

auburnchick
10-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Hey Jess,

I once fasted for ten days. I learned, after about the third or fourth day, that our obsession with food is totally mental. We really don't need what we think we we want.

I do hope you get to feeling like normal real soon. It can be a bummer to not quite feel like yourself for so long.

JessicaR
10-21-2007, 12:43 AM
I can't sleep. I'm sure being out of my normal routine for two weeks has messed everything up. Plus, it's Saturday night and I'm in the same pjs I was when I had that bad bleeding episode last week. Nerves maybe? I bled a little bit last night, but got it to stop within a half hour. I see the spot that keeps opening up. Ick!

I was supposed to go back to work today, but they didn't clear me til Monday. I'm happy and not to go back. If that makes any sense. Even my pain meds aren't knocking me out. I'm thinking to much, that's what it is. And I've really had no one to talk to.

jennylozano
10-23-2007, 10:40 PM
How have you been these days, Jessica?

Silver
10-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Hope you're feeling all better Jess! :hug:

JessicaR
10-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Now that I'm back to work and out of the house I'm feeling much better, thanks! :muah:

jennylozano
10-25-2007, 08:01 PM
:thumbsup: That's good news :)