PDA

View Full Version : My so-called scarf

mel.b
10-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Hi,

I want to do this scarf as a very late minute present for my boss. I'm leaving my job tomorrow to move overseas.:cheering:

I've purchased some Vero tweed...http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d198/meldives/2438-1247.jpg

but when I look at the pictures of the scarf finished I think it looks better in a more varigated yarn and I think this one will have more solid blocks. Any opinions? I probably can't change the wool and don't think i would be able to find a real varigated one I like at such short notice, so other pattern suggestions would be great, but it needs to be something straight forward that I could finish in a (looong) night!

Thanks heaps!
Mel.b

simplethings
10-11-2007, 05:50 AM
I think you should try it for a few rows and see how it turns out. If it doesn't work too well then frog away. ^_^
I can't really think of any other good patterns for stripe-y yarns off the top of my head.

Slim
10-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I think your yarn would be great for MSCS, and the knitting goes pretty quickly. Be sure to post pictures when you're done.

dakatzmeow
10-11-2007, 08:08 AM
i agree. i say go for it!

stagebear
10-11-2007, 11:22 AM
you could always use Silver's Palindrome pattern

mari_13
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I think the stitch pattern is great regardless of color varigation. I am using this stitch to do a Pidge knock off on solid Baby Alpaca and it looks AWESOME. It is a fun and quick pattern. Good luck!