PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty re: Ravelry vs KH

SkyBluePink
10-12-2007, 12:02 AM
I received my invite to Ravelry yesterday and have spent a good part of the day playing around on it (despite having finals this week). But I am starting to feel guilty for liking it so much! I feel like I'm neglecting KH which is my holy grail because the videos taught me to knit!

Am I bizarre or is anyone else feeling this way? I feel so disloyal! It's ridiculous! :oops::oops:

suzeeq
10-12-2007, 12:06 AM
It doesn't have to be either/or, it can be both/and. Besides, after a while the shiny new toy will lose its novelty and you won't feel guilty anymore. :teehee:

stagebear
10-12-2007, 01:07 AM
i spent a large chunk of time setting up my ravelry, but now i dont feel that i'm neglecting KH. ravelry is just overwhelming at first

Jan in CA
10-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Ravelry is an excellent resource, but I don't think it can ever replace KH. :hug:

SkyBluePink
10-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks, ladies. I'm sure once the novelty wears off I will feel much better. I just feel sad thinking that Amy and Sheldon are being neglected!

Can anyone tell it's that time of the month for me???:waah:

Zebragirlnz
10-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I know what you are feeling, got my invite this morning, and every opportunity I have I am there, browsing, and setting up. And as Jan said above, at the end of the day its going to be an excellent resource, but I can't see it ever replacing KH. KH is special, and it will always be at the top of my list. Ravelry will have to be second.

losnana
10-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I know what you are feeling, got my invite this morning, and every opportunity I have I am there, browsing, and setting up. And as Jan said above, at the end of the day its going to be an excellent resource, but I can't see it ever replacing KH. KH is special, and it will always be at the top of my list. Ravelry will have to be second.

I totally agree. It's just that it takes a lot of time at first to input everything into Ravelry,figure out how to use it, and check out all the wonderful things there. it will never replace KH. I think they really have completely different uses.

PurlyGyrl
10-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I know what you're feeling--I'm feeling the same way:pout:. But I look at it like this:

Ravelry is like the public library which I love to visit, stay for hours and browse but I always take my books and go home and get comfortable--KH is home. :hug:

CindyS
10-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Well said, Denise!

SkyBluePink
10-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I know what you're feeling--I'm feeling the same way:pout:. But I look at it like this:

Ravelry is like the public library which I love to visit, stay for hours and browse but I always take my books and go home and get comfortable--KH is home. :hug:

That is such a lovely thought!! :inlove:

threesmom
10-12-2007, 11:01 AM

Yes! that's it! I just got my invite last week, felt completely overwhelmed by it, and had almost decided not to like it:oo: I was having anxiety about how to budget my screen knitting time, and not have it detract from actual knitting time - and I love it here! But yesterday I explored a little, and can see how wonderful it is as a resource. I think you can get totally involved in it with all the groups and whatnot, but you don't have to, and, as Denise said, kh is home.:mrgreen:

GiddyKnitter
10-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi all
I wish I knew what you were are so excited about when you discuss Rivelry what is it??
Please could someone explain I feel I am missing out over here!!!

suzeeq
10-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Read this thread... http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=67226

Cristy
10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I didn't sign up for Ravelry at first but then after listening to how excited everyone is, I decided to join in the fun. So now I'm WAY down the list...:(

I did have to think about it though--I find that KH does take away from time that I could be knitting and I have a hard time balancing the two b/c I love to stop by and visit here. I take a hiatus every now and then and find that I accomplish more knitting when I'm not gabbing about knitting so much but I love KH so much so no matter if I do lurk for awhile--I always come back when time allows. I suspect that Ravalery will be this way once I'm invited.

jodstr2
10-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I love both. ravelry helps keep me organized and on task, and KH keeps me entertained, and gives good advice and instruction.

Jen17
10-15-2007, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=SkyBluePink;980728]I received my invite to Ravelry yesterday and have spent a good part of the day playing around on it (despite having finals this week). But I am starting to feel guilty for liking it so much! I feel like I'm neglecting KH which is my holy grail because the videos taught me to knit!

I was glad to see this post! I was invited last week and today is my first day back to KH, I was starting to feel like I was cheating on KH and I have only been here a short time, myself!:muah:
Jen