PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Knit These? Fingerless Mittens...

kraafe22
10-13-2007, 07:18 PM
They are Lionbrand Cashmere "Arm Cozies". I'm having a problem and I just want to make sure I'm not crazy!

I decided to make these for xmas for my sister, I ordered the yarn online because it was on sale. I looked at the pattern, then ordered 3 skeins of the Cashmere Blend. I started the pattern, then decided to "rewrite" it a bit and do it in the round. Well I put that off so I could finish my Dickinson Pullover.

So today, I go to the website to copy and paste the pattern in Word, "rewrite" it, and print it again. When I went to the page the pattern says you need 4 skeins of the Cashmere blend! :??

I could have sworn it was 3 when I first found the pattern, and I even checked it before I ordered the yarn. Now I'm not sure what to do - I'll probably end up ordering more, but the lot won't be the same (and it won't be on sale) - Has anyone done these before? and did you use 3 or 4 skeins?

I just can't imagine I would have had the pattern website up when I ordered, and then ordered the wrong amount...maybe I am going nuts! :shifty:

Julie
10-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I checked on Ravelry and people either report having used 2 skeins or 4 skeins. I think people tend to vary the length -- like it takes 4 skeins to make the ones that go over your elbows, but you could definitely make them shorter and only use 2 or 3. (Hard to say though because most people don't show the tops in their photos!)

kraafe22
10-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for checking for me, I'm still waiting for my Ravelry invite! Only 986 people in front of me though :mrgreen:

Yarnlady
10-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Why not knit them both at the same time till the yarn runs out? :shrug:

kraafe22
10-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't think I'm ready to try knitting two in the round at the same time! I saw the article on Knitty about knitting two socks at the same time and I was amazed!

Maybe on the next pair (if I'm brave) :wink: