PDA

View Full Version : Bless this woman

ladyjessica
10-14-2007, 12:46 AM
I just have to share. I found this beautiful lavendar wool at JoAnn's last year and absolutely fell in love with it. I couldn't justify paying $8 a ball, though, for only 87 yds, for something for me. Go figure. hehe. Anyway, I went to JoAnn's last night to look for something and there was my yarn, on clearance, for $2.35 a ball. I found all they had (11 balls) and went to stand in line. The lovely lady who waited on me wanted to know if I needed more, and I said no, I thought I had enough. Then she looked at me and looked around, and said she just wondered because it was going on sale on Sunday (tomorrow) for $1.50 each. I said it really wasn't a big deal, but then she said since she was the manager she would just give me the sale price then. So, I got all this beautiful yarn for a grand total of $17.39. :woot::yay: Since I've always wanted a pretty lavendar cable-knit scarf, I'm going to use it to make the Simple Hat and Scarf Set in Cables Untangled.

Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to share. Occasionally somebody does something nice to restore my faith in mankind. hehe. :sun:

Mazie
10-14-2007, 01:14 AM
It seems to me you were destined to have this yarn, I hope you & the yarn, have a long and warm relationationship. The hat and scarf sound like a wonderful idea. cheers..

Sandi
10-14-2007, 01:18 AM
Please post a pic when you get your scarf and hat done. I'm sure everyone would like to see it

Debkcs
10-14-2007, 03:11 AM
That's really sweet, how nice of her and how fortunate for you to walk in when she was on the register.

BTW and OT, what kind of dogs are in your picture? They're really cute.

slightly addicted to yarn
10-14-2007, 03:48 AM
Oh that's a lovely story, and lovely lady - I'd want to share that too!

Quiltlady
10-14-2007, 05:09 AM
It does my heart good to hear a happy ending story such as yours!!! Lucky you begin able to bring home all that pretty yarn at such a great price.:woohoo:

gamerchik
10-14-2007, 06:43 AM
I want to see a pic of your yarn!!! Congrats on your awesome purchase! :D :cheering:

mwhite
10-14-2007, 08:26 AM
SUPER bargain :woot: and I'd have had to bought more! Course, everybody in the family woulda been wearing the same color! :teehee:

knitgal
10-14-2007, 09:15 AM
What an awesome deal! Jessica, we seem to have a lot in common, the Manos afghan, the Cables Untangled scarves! I'm making the reversible cable scarf and I'm planning on make the scarf from the set you mentioned in purple for my BF's sister for Christmas. What are you planning on making next? I'll need to go yarn shopping!

MerigoldinWA
10-14-2007, 12:24 PM
It is so exciting to get a bargain, especially on yarn!!

ladyjessica
10-14-2007, 10:14 PM
That's really sweet, how nice of her and how fortunate for you to walk in when she was on the register.

BTW and OT, what kind of dogs are in your picture? They're really cute.
Aw, thanks. They're just mutts, both from animal shelters. The one on the right is a Yellow Lab/German Shepherd mix, and the one on the left had a Husky father, but we don't know what her mother was. I also have another one who's not in the pic. They're just like babies. hehe.

dmknits
10-14-2007, 11:17 PM
What a nice woman. Great deal!

ladyjessica
10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Haha. Sorry it took me awhile to reply, knitgal. I'm not sure what I'm doing next. Probably when I finish the stockings and other various Christmas items, there's a felted bag in of one Debbie Macomber's Knit-Alongs that I want to do. I dont' remember which one it's in, but it's pink and green. Maybe we can do our own knit-along. hehe. :think:

Abbily
10-17-2007, 01:06 PM
What a great deal!! What yarn is it?

MamaMer
10-17-2007, 01:28 PM
How sweet!! And what a nice manager for letting you in on the sale early!! I don't go to JoAnns very often except for fabric, but they are always pretty nice to me there. So glad you had such a great experience!:cheering: