PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Gloves

Sandi
10-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Just wondering if anyone out there has tried theses?

I have carpal tunnel and lately it's been acting up allot.

Kind of putting a damper on my knitting.

Give me your thoughts please.....
:knitting:

mrslevite
10-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't know anything about them, but if anyone has any suggestions for elbow pain, I would appreciate it.

Sandi
10-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Your elbow is most likely coming from you hand. Mine does that to....

mrslevite
10-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Hmmm . . . I didn't know that. I picked up an elbow support thing in Walmart today. Haven't put it on yet. Will do before I start knitting again. I saw the air support things that I heard mentioned in another thread. They were $12something if anyone is interested. I also saw the hand/wrist support things for carpel tunnel. I thought about going ahead and getting one and saving myself a trip back down there when my hand started hurting (figure it's just a matter of time.) Now I'm thinking maybe I really should have gotten it to use now and avoid problems in the future.

I have a somewhat off topic question. What did knitters do back in the old days before anyone had ever heard of carpel tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow and all the ailments we have now? You know they must have had pain but had to keep on kintting if their families was going to have socks for the winter and such.

Sandi
10-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I think back in the old days they didn't spend so much time (any) typing on computers..... which also leads to carpal tunnel.
Strong farm hands, the women to, from bread baking and the like.
They most likely either had the pain and said nothing or thought it was normal for what they were doing.
What are these "air" things you spoke of?